IGNORED

Biggest jerk on the tour?

easygrip
Note: This thread is 805 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When Serigo Garcia spit in the cup after missing a putt did it for me [he was in the USA]...what did he want the next guy putting to get his spit all over his ball...He's a classic $hit I can't stand..

I don't know them and they don't know me, if they for some reason act in a not so distinguished way and someone I know sees it I'll just figure it was a rare moment for the guy and he regrets it probably, being under a microscope is just that every single thing you say and do is scrutinized to every extent, I'm sure there are plenty of jerks on tour just as much as there have been on @thesandtrap just proves they are human beings also no better no worse and imperfect.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I don't know them and they don't know me, if they for some reason act in a not so distinguished way and someone I know sees it I'll just figure it was a rare moment for the guy and he regrets it probably, being under a microscope is just that every single thing you say and do is scrutinized to every extent, I'm sure there are plenty of jerks on tour just as much as there have been on @thesandtrap so basically it just proves they are human beings also no better no worse and imperfect.

True but I will say that they could have a camera on me or most of my family members all day and they would never have any footage of any of us being a jerk to someone that didn't deserve it. You have to wonder how some of the guys were raised. And yes it would get tiring after awhile when those idiots shout out or try to touch you (older guys, not kids) so I do get some of their frustrations.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

True but I will say that they could have a camera on me or most of my family members all day and they would never have any footage of any of us being a jerk to someone that didn't deserve it. You have to wonder how some of the guys were raised.

And yes it would get tiring after awhile when those idiots shout out or try to touch you (older guys, not kids) so I do get some of their frustrations.

What is being a "jerk to someone who deserved it?" Acting like a jerk is still acting like a jerk no matter what it is in response to. If someone insults you and you insult them back, then you'd both be jerks. The only response to a jerk is to NOT be a jerk. Shame them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff McGee

True but I will say that they could have a camera on me or most of my family members all day and they would never have any footage of any of us being a jerk to someone that didn't deserve it. You have to wonder how some of the guys were raised.

And yes it would get tiring after awhile when those idiots shout out or try to touch you (older guys, not kids) so I do get some of their frustrations.

What is being a "jerk to someone who deserved it?" Acting like a jerk is still acting like a jerk no matter what it is in response to. If someone insults you and you insult them back, then you'd both be jerks. The only response to a jerk is to NOT be a jerk. Shame them.

sorry...   you insult me, and you are going to get a response...  especially if it is done over and over...

if that makes me a jerk, so be it...   i'd rather be a jerk than a patsy for someone to pick on...

• Upvote 2

sorry...   you insult me, and you are going to get a response...  especially if it is done over and over...

if that makes me a jerk, so be it...   i'd rather be a jerk than a patsy for someone to pick on...

I don't think it's make someone a patsy to not respond to people like that. But I suppose I'd rather be a "patsy" than a Donald Trump type.

• 1 year later...
On 4/25/2008 at 0:11 AM, Ben said:

Truth be told I don't remember the exact details. I am, and always have been a big Couples fan, so I'd rather not spread any rumors because I like the guy. And again being that I've only heard this as hearsay. I was merely responding to the topic to get the discussion going.

I am also a big Freddie fan.

But I will say this. I followed him several times when he used to play the Byron Nelson. He seemed very aloof, (not mean, but indifferent) towards the fans who were following him. He'll acknowledge applause that came his way, but overall he is very distant from the fans. Doesn't mean he's a bad guy....but....He also seems very "cold" toward his caddie at the time.

Just say'n

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

On 4/24/2008 at 7:57 PM, Ben said:

I've heard some bad things about Fred Couples. Which I'd rather not believe. But it's been mentioned by a few people I know.

You can't leave us hanging. I'm sure it has something to do with the ladies.

Trollin' is the life

• 3 years later...
On 4/25/2008 at 7:51 AM, U345387 said:

a bit dated but.....Hale Irwin

Have heard from two different sources who have played with him at pro-ams that he did not say a word to his pro-am partners all day. Including the breakfast before the round!

I played with Irwin when he started on the Senior Tour and he talked to us during the entire round and then took us to lunch afterwards. He was awesome! I’ve played with 20+ pros in pro-am’s, etc…he was the best

• 5 months later...
On 4/25/2008 at 6:51 AM, U345387 said:

a bit dated but.....Hale Irwin

Have heard from two different sources who have played with him at pro-ams that he did not say a word to his pro-am partners all day. Including the breakfast before the round!

Heard the same thing about Hale Irwin.. My friend (actually a member of Pine Valley) sat beside him on a plane once.. He didn't say anything initially but knew it was Hale. He knew he could could have a convo without diving into golf as his daughter went to the same university so they had something in common outside of golf. 

He said "I believe that I'm sitting beside the great US Open Champion Hale Irwin" 

Hale said "You're correct and who might you be" turned his head and looked out the window & popped in his earphones. 

Note: This thread is 805 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!