IGNORED

2022-23 Fantasy Golf (PGA Tour)

Friz

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

Can we draft from the web?  I try very much to not do things on my phone a lot of the time.  I slip when I'm consciously resting, but that's about it.  Or I guess if I'm anticipating an important email.

Yes, it all functions the same, I took screenshots from the app, but the process is identical.

-Eric

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So we are underway for our test week, definitely let me know if there are any questions about the format or functionality of Fantrax.  Once we are through this week as a test run, the league will be reset to begin officially after the Presidents Cup at Sanderson Farms.

Would love to keep growing it before we start for real, but I should be able to keep it open for anyone to join late as well.  Tell your friends, the more the merrier!

-Eric

A good showing from @coachjimsc in our preseason tournament, hopefully everyone feels ok with the format and Fantrax functionality.  I believe I have a slightly simpler way to manage your lineups week to week, but it won't be functional until we "finish the draft."  Obviously there is no draft, but checking that box early makes it harder for people to join, however it does look like I can manually add new players once the open window to join closes.

As I mentioned, I reset the league following this tournament so we can kick off for real after the President's cup.  So one more week for anyone to get in and join for the full season!  

• Thumbs Up 1

-Eric

We are in our season kickoff week!  Official fantasy PGA play will begin this Thursday, don't forget to set your teams!

A couple small changes as we get started - first, I have a slightly easier way for setting lineups.  You should now see a tab within Fantrax named "Adjust my Roster."  From this screen you can seemlessly add players to your current 6 for the week, and easily drop any players for quick changes.  A subtle change, but one that I think should save some clicks week to week as you're setting your team.

image.thumb.png.50eb81607e0fad3cfa372ac67d4bfae7.png

Second, I had to close the open enrollment for people to join the league, but it is NOT closed off completely.  Anyone new who would like to get in, please still go to www.fantrax.com and create an account if you don't already have one, and leave your username here.  I can manually add you to the league and you'll be good to go!

As always, any questions or issues with Fantrax just let me know and I'll help out the best I can.

@Club Rat @coachjimsc @Shindig @Wally Fairway @Sandy Lie 

image.png

Edited by Friz
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Eric

@Friz Can teams make substitutions during an event?
If players do not make cut, can teams trade or pickup players for weekend play?
Or once an event starts, the team roster is locked for the entire event?

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

7 hours ago, Club Rat said:

@Friz Can teams make substitutions during an event?
If players do not make cut, can teams trade or pickup players for weekend play?
Or once an event starts, the team roster is locked for the entire event?

The 6 you pick at the beginning are fixed for that tournament.  Missing the cut is intended to carry a penalty.  So yes, after players tee off Thursday everything remains locked until the next tournament

-Eric

I got off to a good start in week 1, although still hope to get more than 4 guys through the cut this week.

Reminder to adjust your lineups for this week, you can swap guys in and out every week without penalty before tournaments start to make sure you have 6 active guys for that week, but each golfer can only be used in 4 tournaments all season.

And again anyone who would like to join in late can always do so!  Just let me know here and I can manually add you to the league

-Eric

• 2 weeks later...

@Friz 

The player data base does not list Tom Kim?
Also, the data base is total BS in regards to listing over 500 players, many who are no longer active or have 
Tour Cards.
I'm not really sold on the Fantrax Fantasy Golf UI.
Just my 2 cents worth, hopefully some other application other than PGA Tour will become available next year.

My other gripe, is when teams try to enter players from the data base, it should only list players who are 
playing in the event. Teams must search other websites just to find out who's playing in the event.

End of Rant: I'm not directing these situations at you, just pointing out the differences from recent leagues.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

20 hours ago, Club Rat said:

@Friz 

Also, the data base is total BS in regards to listing over 500 players, many who are no longer active or have 
Tour Cards.
Just my 2 cents worth, hopefully some other application other than PGA Tour will become available next year.

My other gripe, is when teams try to enter players from the data base, it should only list players who are 
playing in the event. Teams must search other websites just to find out who's playing in the event.

End of Rant: I'm not directing these situations at you, just pointing out the differences from recent leagues.

Yeah - I'm not sold yet either, but this will help you pick your roster.
When you go to the players page, click on the arrow in the status/team box and then select in the upcoming event. And then you get only the players entered.
But it looks like it is down to you, me & Fritz, and I'm in 3rd place; guess I'll have to focus my 2 minutes a week effort on the pgatour fantasy site

• Thumbs Up 1

Players play, tough players win!

23 hours ago, Club Rat said:

@Friz 

Tour Cards.

Tom Kim is Joohyung Kim, its using his real Korean name.

And as Wally Fairway mentioned, when selecting your team for the upcoming tournament, you can always filter to "In Upcoming Event."  The screenshot below may help with how to get to that.

It may take some getting used to, I think it CAN do everything you'd ideally like, just figuring out the intricacies of it may take time.

image.png.b6b435ad66da62db8306fb3f5acfaad3.png

-Eric

• 8 months later...