IGNORED

2023 TST Outing (OH/PA/MI/NY/WV) - Join Us May 20 @ Little Mountain!

StuM

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Do I have to email in my index. Or will this suffice? 

That's fine. We didn't need a picture, though. Just telling us the number is good.

Still not decided on the game.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, StuM said:

We are going rain or shine and current forecast is a high of 74 with 46% chance of rain, which means 54% chance of no rain.  But that is a few days away so we will see.

Looks like the way to early forecast has the rain showing up before 11am on Saturday. 

Still, bring the umbrella and rain gear for good luck. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

If we all bring rain gear and umbrellas it won’t rain!

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 hours ago, iacas said:

If you don't send a handicap index, you'll be given the lowest we have (probably mine). So if you're a 10.1 that wants to play to a +1.5 or something… don't send in your index!

I know Erick say to submit your HCP by Friday but if possible please message me today or tomorrow morning so I can relax with a beer on Friday.  I've just messaged those I am missing so you can just reply to my message.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Sorry, all, but I am not going to be able to make it. Little league playoffs start this Saturday for Pittsburgh. 

I hope you all hit it straight(ish). 

Brad. 

As a "Game", I pulled this idea from last year's thread for Reserve Run.  What do you all think of a "Quota Game"?  It is not "Team" so works with any number of players and is handicapped so we all have a chance.  

I've never done this but it sounds doable.  I am open to other ideas.

Learn how to play a quota golf tournament, including the points awarded and how to determine the winner.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I just get a message that @BradSomrakcan't make it on Saturday.  That puts us at 20.  That may open up other games.  

Attn ALL.  We really need to know if you are attending.  Below is the current list.  If you cannot make it, PLEASE respond ASAP (no need to respond if you will be there).  I really hope this is our final change.

1. @StuM
  2. @ChetlovesMer
  3. @dennyjones
  4. @boogielicious
  5. @bkuehn1952
  6. @Divot Master
  7. @rwolfe
  8. @Old1964
  9. @vasaribm
  10. @iacas
  11. @billchao
  12. @saevel25
  13. @David L Yskes
  14. @Jeremie Boop
  15. @GolfLug
  16. @DrizZzY
  17. @jtroutman
  18. @Greenshirt100
  19. @brockman21
  20. @Dwalk2088

Stuart M.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, BradSomrak said:

Sorry, all, but I am not going to be able to make it. Little league playoffs start this Saturday for Pittsburgh. 

I hope you all hit it straight(ish). 

😛

I’ll re-do everything again tonight.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

New groups again…

I'll create the game soon. It may be a two-person game.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Administrator

Okay, here's what I've come up with. We're going to do the following:

• $5 net skins per person
  • $5 gross skins per person
  • $10 per person for the team game.

The team game is a two-person game. I'll assign teams, but you're welcome to change them up in your groups so long as you tell @StuM by Friday night (and post in this topic!!).

My really tentative teams…

The course has five par threes and three par fives (13 and 18 play as par fours for men). It's par 35-35. So the team scores (all net) will be:

• Scores of both players count on all par threes (5 = 10 scores, par 30).
  • Scores of only one player counts on all par fives (3 = 3 scores, par 15).
  • That leaves 10 par fours, and you must take 12 scores, with at least four from each player (par 48).

Even net will thus be 30 + 15 + 48 = 93.

All net at 70% course handicaps, and you can decide which 12 scores you're taking on the par fours at the end of the round. You don't have to decide right upon the completion of each hole. This is lower than usual, but… you only need to count nine scores: five par threes and four par fours. (Your teammate would have to count 5 + 8 + 3, though.)

Any questions? Please, double-check my math. The link above is a link to the scorecard, too. So check that, please.

Any thoughts? I'm not going to insist on this, but I thought it'd be interesting.

Payouts for the team game will be ($20 per team, 10 teams = $200):

• First Place: $80
  • Second Place: $50
  • Third Place: $40
  • Fourth Place: $20
  • Fifth Place: $10
  • Thumbs Up 3

Seems like a fairly good game to me. I guess the par 3s will separate the men from the boys..heh heh.

Vishal S.

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Okay, here's what I've come up with. We're going to do the following:

• $5 net skins per person
  • $5 gross skins per person
  • $10 per person for the team game.

The team game is a two-person game. I'll assign teams, but you're welcome to change them up in your groups so long as you tell @StuM by Friday night (and post in this topic!!).

My really tentative teams…

The course has five par threes and three par fives (13 and 18 play as par fours for men). It's par 35-35. So the team scores (all net) will be:

• That leaves 10 par fours, and you must take 12 scores, with at least four from each player (par 48).

All net at 70% course handicaps, and you can decide which 12 scores you're taking on the par fours at the end of the round. You don't have to decide right upon the completion of each hole. This is lower than usual, but… you only need to count nine scores: five par threes and four par fours. (Your teammate would have to count 5 + 8 + 3, though.)

Any questions? Please, double-check my math. The link above is a link to the scorecard, too. So check that, please.

Any thoughts? I'm not going to insist on this, but I thought it'd be interesting.

Payouts for the team game will be ($20 per team, 10 teams = $200):

• First Place: $80
  • Second Place: $50
  • Third Place: $40
  • Fourth Place: $20
  • Fifth Place: $10

Math is hard.

Did you forget where I went to school?

• Funny 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

The game is fine. I don’t like 70% handicaps. I think that puts my playing handicap at 13 with a 15.6 index. Seems off.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
1 hour ago, billchao said:

The game is fine. I don’t like 70% handicaps. I think that puts my playing handicap at 13 with a 15.6 index. Seems off.

You might only need to count 9 of your scores.

If you were counting 18 scores 70% would be a bit low. I think 70% is a bit high actually. Between two players (36 holes) you are only counting 25 scores (10 + 12 + 3).

Do 25/36 and tell me what that percentage is. 😀

15 hours ago, iacas said:

he course has five par threes and three par fives (13 and 18 play as par fours for men). It's par 35-35. So the team scores (all net) will be:

Ok just to word it in a different way. 

So, the range of scores taken for a one of the players on a team is... 
5 scores on par 3's
4-7 scores on par 4's
0-3 scores on par 5's

So, if the score for Player A is taken on all the par 5's. Then Player B must have 7 of their scores taken on a par 4's to get to 12. 

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Since this is sort of a best ball type situation. 2 out of 4 (50% of a team) best ball is 80% handicap. 4 out 4 (using both scores) is 100%. 

(5/18)*100%+(13/18)*80% = 85% if we used ever hole.

Since we are taking best 12 out of 18, you cut that down to 57%, so let's say 60% 😉

Want that extra 10%? 😛 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Ok just to word it in a different way. 

So, the range of scores taken for a one of the players on a team is... 
5 scores on par 3's
4-7 scores on par 4's
0-3 scores on par 5's

So, if the score for Player A is taken on all the par 5's. Then Player B must have 7 of their scores taken on a par 4's to get to 12.

No. 4-8 scores on par fours.

Pat fours will either be four and eight, five and seven, or six and six.

Par 4 holes you can have one player taking a score, no players taking a score, or both players taking a score. You just have to get to 12 with four coming from each player over the round.