IGNORED

2023 TST Outing (OH/PA/MI/NY/WV) - Join Us May 20 @ Little Mountain!

StuM

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

How is 7 groups of 3 going to work with carts? I assume most will ride. I usually walk.

Everyone is riding.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

How is 7 groups of 3 going to work with carts? I assume most will ride. I usually walk.

There are several long distances through a subdivision between a green and the next tee. When I used to play there a couple times a year, cart fees were included in the greens fee and cart use was all but mandatory.

• Thumbs Up 1

Marshall

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Divot Master said:

There are several long distances through a subdivision between a green and the next tee. When I used to play there a couple times a year, cart fees were included in the greens fee and cart use was all but mandatory.

It’s one of the courses that for junior events where they must walk they provided several shuttles.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Measuring one of the paths through the neighborhood, it is just over 1/4 of a mile from green to the next tee box. It looks like you need to do that walk twice (6-7 and 14-15). 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Measuring one of the paths through the neighborhood, it is just over 1/4 of a mile from green to the next tee box. It looks like you need to do that walk twice (6-7 and 14-15).

Long walks are…

3-4, 6-7, 14-15, and… kinda 17-18. You mostly missed 3-4.

Anyway, everyone's riding.

• Administrator

@StuM can make up the scorecards… so be prepared to give him a handicap index by the 19th of May. That's this Friday.

Text him or send him a DM. That way he can prepare the cards before we get there.

If everyone puts in $20 (please bring it in fives and ones!)… let's do these:

• $5 Net Skins
  • $5 Gross Skins
  • $10 Game below.

For the game… $30/team with 7 teams is $210 total. Payouts:

• 1st: $105 ($35 each)
  • 2nd: $60 ($20 each)
  • 3rd: $30 ($10 each)
  • Last: $15 ($5 each)

All that is still off the top of my head. Subject to change, and @StuM has the most latitude to change anything. It's "his" event.

The Game:

• 3 golfers over 18 holes is 54 scores.
  • Of those, you must choose 30* scores (@StuM will choose a number from 27 to 36). You must choose the scores you're going to use or not use before you tee off on the next hole. You must use the required number of scores.
  • Those net scores relative to par are your score for the hole. (i.e. so a birdie is a birdie, even if it was on a par five).
  • You can circle the scores you're using and write the net score down below (i.e. a birdie and a par is -1 total, with two scores counted) along with a running count of the number you've used.
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, jtroutman said:

Anyone from the Erie area interested in carpooling there?

I was just going to give a list…

Make sure you're all getting your indexes to @StuM, please.

On 5/9/2023 at 6:35 PM, iacas said:

I'll make groupings (not pairings, @StuM! 😄) as we get close to the date.

DM me if you have any semi-strict preferences. I'll keep them in confidence. I know 16 or 17 of you don't want to play with me, and NOBODY wants to play with @ChetlovesMer, so… I'll do my best. Bwah ha ha ha. 😉

So, I'm absent from the forum for a few days and Yoda starts giving me crap. 🤪

BTW - I know I haven't been posting lately. ... still working on my game just haven't been online much. But I am still coming to this meet up. AND I'm looking forward to it. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
On 5/12/2023 at 9:22 PM, iacas said:

Okay, here's the new final list, sorted.

1. @StuM - White
  2. @ChetlovesMer - White
  3. @dennyjones - White
  4. @boogielicious - White
  5. @bkuehn1952 - White
  6. @Divot Master - White
  7. @vasaribm - White
  8. @rwolfe - White
  9. @Old1964 - White
  10. @iacas - Blue
  11. @billchao - Blue
  12. @saevel25 - Blue
  13. @David L Yskes - Blue
  14. @Jeremie Boop - Blue
  15. @GolfLug - Blue
  16. @BradSomrak - Blue
  17. @DrizZzY - Blue
  18. @jtroutman - Blue
  19. @Greenshirt100 - Blue
  20. @brockman21 - Blue
  21. @Dwalk2088 - Blue

Very, very tentative teams:

1. @StuM, @dennyjones, @Divot Master
  2. @rwolfe, @boogielicious, @ChetlovesMer
  3. @bkuehn1952, @Old1964, @vasaribm
  4. @billchao, @brockman21, @Jeremie Boop
  5. @Dwalk2088, @DrizZzY, @Greenshirt100
  6. @BradSomrak, @David L Yskes, @jtroutman
  7. @iacas, @GolfLug, @saevel25

@StuM will confirm that they are good with seven threesomes, and we'll move on from there.

Well, scratch all of that.

I'll come up with a new plan (and likely a new game) later tonight.

• Administrator
  1. @StuM - White
  2. @ChetlovesMer - White
  3. @dennyjones - White
  4. @boogielicious - White
  5. @bkuehn1952 - White
  6. @Divot Master - White
  7. @rwolfe - White
  8. @Old1964 - White
  9. @vasaribm - Blue
  10. @iacas - Blue
  11. @billchao - Blue
  12. @saevel25 - Blue
  13. @David L Yskes - Blue
  14. @Jeremie Boop - Blue
  15. @GolfLug - Blue
  16. @BradSomrak - Blue
  17. @DrizZzY - Blue
  18. @jtroutman - Blue
  19. @Greenshirt100 - Blue
  20. @brockman21 - Blue
  21. @Dwalk2088 - Blue

@vasaribm, I moved you back to Blue so we had more even stuff. 8 white, 13 blue.

New groupings:

I'll figure out the game later, but I have some ideas.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looking forward to seeing all you you this weekend.

I've gotten a few emails with HCPs.  If I do not get a message we will just use what is on your TST Profile.  Now would be a good time to make sure that is up-to-date.

We are going rain or shine and current forecast is a high of 74 with 46% chance of rain, which means 54% chance of no rain.  But that is a few days away so we will see.

Also, sorry about the change from Groups of 3.  As Erik posted above we will have 3 Foursomes and 3 Threesomes starting at 1pm.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Do we want the foursomes ahead of the threesomes? Won’t that slow the threesomes down?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

Do we want the foursomes ahead of the threesomes? Won’t that slow the threesomes down?

Just play at a 4 hour pace and they will be fine 😉.

Also, not sure we want groups waiting around 30 minutes for other groups to come in. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

We will be playing two balls..😁

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

We will be playing two balls..😁

You won’t need to play a second ball because the rules official is in your group 😉

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

You won’t need to play a second ball because the rules official is in your group 😉

Yah, and I hear he is a bit of a pill about rules (eye roll )..😜

Vishal S.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, StuM said:

I've gotten a few emails with HCPs.  If I do not get a message we will just use what is on your TST Profile.  Now would be a good time to make sure that is up-to-date.

Nah. 😄 If you don't send a handicap index, you'll be given the lowest we have (probably mine). So if you're a 10.1 that wants to play to a +1.5 or something… don't send in your index!

6 hours ago, StuM said:

We are going rain or shine and current forecast is a high of 74 with 46% chance of rain, which means 54% chance of no rain.  But that is a few days away so we will see.

It usually rains more in the evenings this time of year.

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Yes, and no. Foursomes can play as quickly as threesomes. And y'all have to wait until the last group is done anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1