IGNORED

Shoes in the House

iacas

Shoes in the House  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shoes in your house regularly or somewhat regularly?

• No, shoes generally come off shortly inside the entryway.
    • Yes, I wear shoes around my house for extended periods of time.

4 hours ago, Big Lex said:

Yeah.... and your shoes too, need to be able to air out and dry. 

Yea, this too. I had a boss a number of years ago who taught me to keep two pairs of work shoes and alternate them from day to day. Still follow that advice to this day.

I don’t generally wear my golf shoes on consecutive days either.

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I often take my shoes off at my desk when working. When I do, the socks have to come off too. 

I like to wear socks in the winter, but I change into fresh ones as soon as I get home.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/23/2022 at 9:24 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

Edit: 5 minutes after taking off my shoes and socks I stepped on one of my kids' Legos! Damned you, Bill! 

I’ve done that 2 or 3 or 100 times. Usually at night half asleep blindly stumbling to the bathroom to pee. And we got a few more sets for the kids for Christmas.299CAA08-ADED-403F-8FCB-E67C9F72665F.thumb.jpeg.45a4f5b439903180c2f4b68b24d2f4e7.jpeg28394E7D-9DB9-4D44-B0D3-9373EC787B35.thumb.jpeg.7d0513e3b717677f2d0e1088a539a30a.jpeg

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

The only time I take my shoes off is when I am getting in the shower or the bed.  Much to my wife's displeasure!  She says our Roomba gets a workout from me never taking my shoes off. 

14 hours ago, Golfer20 said:

The only time I take my shoes off is when I am getting in the shower or the bed.  Much to my wife's displeasure!  She says our Roomba gets a workout from me never taking my shoes off. 

So the same shoes you wear outside in dirt, sand, etc end up on furniture like couches, chairs, etc?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone in our house has a pair of slippers that we wear around the house.  Personally, I have sensitive feet and the smallest rock will send me stumbling into the wall.  I grew up with taking my shoes off at the door, so the habit has followed me. 

Callway GBB Epic, TaylorMade R7 3W, Wilson D9 Forged, Vokey 54* and 58*, Bettinardi flat stick

No hard and fast rule. Just common sense.

If my shoes are clean, I won't be making a special point to take them off in the house. Otherwise, I take them off in the entry way.

No. Never. Well maybe a pair of dress shoes for some festivity, but even then I prefer not to.

I've always been puzzled about those wearing shoes indoors. The only reason I could see why I'd want to do it is if I needed to go in and out frequently. Even then, I'd probably still wear something that's easy to step in and out of and don't wear them indoors.

Outside is dog poo, water, mud, grass, all the things. I don't want to drag all that inside around the house. Another reason is that the feet get damp or sweaty and it's much more comfortable to not wear shoes.

During summer I sometimes keep them on if I need to go inside and pick up something, but I don't walk around and spend time in the house with shoes on.

I don't like walking barefoot either. Dust and stuff sticking to the soles and my feet sticking to the floor when walking around.

These days I prefer thin wool socks since they let moisture out. The biggest downside is that they wear quickly. I only got black or dark grey ones since white socks takes on a dirty look after some time.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Another with hardwood floors. Shoes have never been a problem. Though we do keep them trimmed, my Golden's feet and his claws are likely much harder on the floor than any shoes. We want the house to be about being welcomed, not monitored. 

That said, I rarely wear my shoes inside simply because my Darn Tough socks are so stinkin' comfortable, I don't want the shoes on most of the time. (And I'm still dorky enough to get some good slides on the wood flooring every now and again!)