IGNORED

Awesome Shallowing Video

Big Lex

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Big Lex said:

When the line is "downhill," there is external rotation of the arm at the shoulder joint.

Relative to where it was, yes.

So from the start of the backswing to about "mid" backswing (left arm horizontal?), the arm rotates externally at the shoulder.

On average.

Regarding measurement, do you know how Joseph Mayo is measuring shoulder rotation? 

I think it's an AMM graph, but some comments on his Instagram made me a little unsure. And to be clear, I don't think this is Joe doing the measuring. I think he simply posted the graph.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

How does GEARS set the zero point for things like of limbs, the clubface, etc.? 

I think the discrepancy between the graph you posted and the statements Mike makes in the video must be related in some way to the details of measurement....how and when and maybe even what they are measuring. If, as Mike says in this video, the humerus intermally rotates a few degrees but the forearm externally rotates 20 degrees at the same time, maybe the chart Joe posted uses a measurement that is somehow capturing - intentionally or not - the forearm rotation and attributing that to the arm/shoulder. 

Edited by Big Lex

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

• Administrator
On 1/20/2023 at 2:20 PM, Big Lex said:

I think the discrepancy between the graph you posted and the statements Mike makes in the video must be related in some way to the details of measurement…

Maybe. I gave other possibilities too.

If, as Mike says in this video, the humerus intermally rotates a few degrees but the forearm externally rotates 20 degrees at the same time

No. You and I have been over this. Forearm rotation for golf is not "external" or "internal." Stop.

The chart Joe showed is almost certainly measuring the shoulder going external, about 4.5° for the median.

How does GEARS set the zero point for things like of limbs, the clubface, etc.?

FWIW, GEARS does not measure internal or external rotation of the shoulder.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I haven't watched it yet but this seems like a follow-up video.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I haven't watched it yet but this seems like a follow-up video.

The part of this video that stuck out to me is around 9:30 when AMG called out Milo for misinterpreting forward bend as side bend.  Just shows you AMG's content is head and shoulders above everybody else.  There's nothing like facts!

• Administrator

My wife had to leave the room. She couldn't take how often I kept replaying things and chuckling.

This video feels like the golf instructor's version of a diss track.

A comment on the AMG video nails it pretty well.

A friend said to me:

This is savage. I love it.

Hee hee hee hee.

Golf instructor fight!

@cedrictheo and I enjoyed this WAY too much.

Lol. Such a calm and casual dismantling of Milo! That’s good stuff.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I thought it was a well done video. I never watched any of Milo's stuff. Still, there are good nuggets of information in the video. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: