IGNORED

The Oddest/Worst Thing You Have Hit With a Golf Ball

Old1964

So far this year ....mainly just hitting trees .... but last year I had a shocker and hit two people and a cart and hotel... one an older lady from a long 260yard++ distance away around a dogleg ..though I killed her ..as when I came around the dogleg trees I see a foursome with one on the ground ...

they weren't happy.. but understandable knew it wasn't intentional 

I thought after 20mins waiting on the tee they would have been clear (they decided to jump on the 10th for 9 holes not once checking to see how they had jumped just in front of me ???) ,,,

the next guy was playing a parallel hole running dead opposite to the one I was teeing off on and was hidden in some trees in-between holes looking for his ball ... I hit a low hook and hit him square on the thigh .. he wasn't happy I didn't FORE!!! but with him less than 100yards away a ball coming off my club 160Mph time I looked up it was on him like heat seeking missile ....

then weeks later same hole same type of low hook it hit a cart and stayed inside on the floor guy though it was a right hoot...

a Hotel running close to one of our local holes I've hit many a time with the loudest crack of the steel roof or plaster wall ..

• Thumbs Up 1

Go Foxy Go

On 5/23/2023 at 5:27 AM, NZ Golfer said:

So far this year ....mainly just hitting trees .... but last year I had a shocker and hit two people and a cart and hotel... one an older lady from a long 260yard++ distance away around a dogleg ..though I killed her ..as when I came around the dogleg trees I see a foursome with one on the ground ...

they weren't happy.. but understandable knew it wasn't intentional 

I thought after 20mins waiting on the tee they would have been clear (they decided to jump on the 10th for 9 holes not once checking to see how they had jumped just in front of me ???) ,,,

the next guy was playing a parallel hole running dead opposite to the one I was teeing off on and was hidden in some trees in-between holes looking for his ball ... I hit a low hook and hit him square on the thigh .. he wasn't happy I didn't FORE!!! but with him less than 100yards away a ball coming off my club 160Mph time I looked up it was on him like heat seeking missile ....

then weeks later same hole same type of low hook it hit a cart and stayed inside on the floor guy though it was a right hoot...

a Hotel running close to one of our local holes I've hit many a time with the loudest crack of the steel roof or plaster wall ..

One on the ground .... wow. That would make my heart skip a beat or two!

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 2:05 AM, Old1964 said:

One on the ground .... wow. That would make my heart skip a beat or two!

Yeah was the worse feeling I've ever had on a course ..

Go Foxy Go

They were making a big deal about Cameron Young hitting a shot into a golf cart at the US Open, but I got a much better one than that. Just two weeks ago I was hitting a tee shot on a long par three. The group in front was already on the next tee, but one of them had left a cart on the path that was still in our sight line. I hit the shot and it was headed toward the cart while the player was headed back to the cart, and I yelled fore. He ducked behind the cart and didn't really see where the shot ended up. Oddly he waited around till we walked up so I thought maybe I hit him. No, the ball bounced up to the cart, hit the tied-up cover on the back of the cart that you would use if it rains, and fell straight into his golf bag. I never would have found that ball if he didn't see it go in the bag. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At a par 5 that I really cranked a drive on, I had about 220 out and I hit a 4 iron screamer that clipped the top of the pole in the middle of the fairway at 200 yards. The ball careened 45* to the left and hit the cart of the twosome playing with us right at the cart numbers (they were close to the cart path) and 45* off the cart to land in the middle of the fairway at 100 yards. It was like a shotgun went off and once we saw that everyone was fine, we just all burst out laughing. Nice layup! 

• Funny 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a club team tournament that you qualified to have a chance to win a prize if you hit all 4 par 3’s in regulation.  Anyone who did that got to hit 1 shot from 150 yds just off the fairway on hole #18 after the tournament, with closest to the pin winning.  I think there were 8 of us that qualified.

I hit my 150yd club, but must have had a flier lie, or something.  It flew the green, hit the cart path behind, flew forward, and landed in the pitcher of beer me an my playing partners had been sharing prior to me going out to hit (they and many others were on the back patio for a 19th hole refreshment).

Needless to say, I didn’t win a thing and they made me buy a new pitcher of beer.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, boil3rmak3r said:

I was in a club team tournament that you qualified to have a chance to win a prize if you hit all 4 par 3’s in regulation.  Anyone who did that got to hit 1 shot from 150 yds just off the fairway on hole #18 after the tournament, with closest to the pin winning.  I think there were 8 of us that qualified.

I hit my 150yd club, but must have had a flier lie, or something.  It flew the green, hit the cart path behind, flew forward, and landed in the pitcher of beer me an my playing partners had been sharing prior to me going out to hit (they and many others were on the back patio for a 19th hole refreshment).

Needless to say, I didn’t win a thing and they made me buy a new pitcher of beer.

Now ya see. 
That's a great shot. I would have applauded the effort. 👍

• Funny 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

years ago in a league tournament,  i skulled what should have been an easy chip, right across the green.

On the other side of the green were a gaggle of wild turkeys, which since they are wild should be considered a flock and not a gaggle!

Anyway since the turkey was none to happy I dropped a new ball as close to where the turkeys were, and I would not be bum rushed but said flock.
I honestly cant remember if I had to take a penalty stroke for having to drop. But I hit my ball putted and we got out of there before the turkeys got the confidence to attack.

On the next hole the one of the golfers in the group in front of us mentioned they birdied the last hole. I told them I got a turkey!

• Funny 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Kangaroo right in the guts. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

I'll say one for a friend of mine. He hit an 85 year old man blading a pitch shot over the green. 😉

• Funny 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The top of my son’s head. He was about 6-7yo and was running in the trees in the back of our property while I was out pitching balls to back of property. He was aware of what I was doing and running behind trees (acting like he was avoiding enemy fire) when he stepped out from behind a tree as a 30yd flop land directly on top of his head. He handled it well. 

• Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 6/20/2023 at 1:55 PM, TourSpoon said:

At a par 5 that I really cranked a drive on, I had about 220 out and I hit a 4 iron screamer that clipped the top of the pole in the middle of the fairway at 200 yards. The ball careened 45* to the left and hit the cart of the twosome playing with us right at the cart numbers (they were close to the cart path) and 45* off the cart to land in the middle of the fairway at 100 yards. It was like a shotgun went off and once we saw that everyone was fine, we just all burst out laughing. Nice layup! 

Good ole carts are loud when you drill them with a golf ball! 

On 7/1/2023 at 8:06 AM, Nagah said:

Kangaroo right in the guts. 

If only you had hit it in the pouch :) 

On 7/1/2023 at 7:25 PM, woodzie264 said:

The top of my son’s head. He was about 6-7yo and was running in the trees in the back of our property while I was out pitching balls to back of property. He was aware of what I was doing and running behind trees (acting like he was avoiding enemy fire) when he stepped out from behind a tree as a 30yd flop land directly on top of his head. He handled it well. 

Yowzer!

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts