IGNORED

Push Carts

MembersBounce

I use a two wheeler pull type cart.  Got it at Decathlon for like 35 to 40 dollars and have used it for a couple of years now.  A friend uses a three wheeler push cart and I occasionally push his cart when we walk.  I find it easier than pulling, which has your hand behind you.  Some people say the 4 wheel push carts are better while others prefer the 3 wheel push carts.

In the mid 80's we bought a trolley bag which had 10 iron slots and 4 wood slots.  It also had a seat attachment on it.  When dad was younger it was a really nice attachment to have.  I tried it out recently and the one thing I found dad struggle with was getting up because it was quite low.  I don't know how old you are or if you have leg/knee problems, but consider that when you get a seat attachment for your push cart.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another positive mention for Clicgear (the 4.0 model in my case). After years of using multiple Sun Mountain 3-wheelers and breaking countless wheels at the spokes and even once a frame, I switched to Clicgear, which folds smaller, stays folded and is a bit easier to handle in general, once you've learn the right order of steps to fold and unfold. I couldn't be happier with a push cart (well, unless I added self-propulsion)!

• Thumbs Up 2

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

(edited)

Welp, I just ordered the Bag Boy Nitron. I was really up between the Trilite, Nitron, RV1S, and Clicgear 4.0, but decided on this one for ease of opening, extra pouch under the console, large console and sturdy cup holder, as well as great reviews and costs were all similar. But I appreciate the help everyone! Still think the Trilite looks the best though.

Edited by MembersBounce
Added text
  • Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :ping: G425 Max
3 & 5 Wood: :ping: G425 Max
4 Hybrid:ping: G425
Irons 5-P: :ping: G425
Wedges: :ping: 4.0 Glide (50, 54, 58)
Putter: :ping: Prime Tyne 4

Ball: :titleist:  Tour Speed

On 5/3/2023 at 9:08 AM, MembersBounce said:

Welp, I just ordered the Bag Boy Nitron.

One of my regular playing partners has a Nitron and has been really happy with it.  My experience is every cart has a plus and minus, so I’m sure you’ll be happy overall.

• Like 1

I have an older clic model that I bought second hand and it seems like it will work forever.

I did add the Alphard v2 club booster.  I can't recommend it enough.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Did my inaugural run with the Nitron yesterday evening. Only did 9 holes but it was a very pleasant experience. Bag opened and closed like it should (extremely easily). Cell phone holder was great. Brake worked flawlessly.

If I have to nitpick it would be that I had to rearrange my clubs to accommodate my beverage in the cup holder but that’s about it. And really that’s more on the bag that I use than the cart.

Got compliments from my buddy who uses a 3.5. Overall very happy with the purchase!

• Thumbs Up 2

Driver: :ping: G425 Max
3 & 5 Wood: :ping: G425 Max
4 Hybrid:ping: G425
Irons 5-P: :ping: G425
Wedges: :ping: 4.0 Glide (50, 54, 58)
Putter: :ping: Prime Tyne 4

Ball: :titleist:  Tour Speed

My club provides ClicGear 4.0 carts. I have a Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way stand bag. The bag fits poorly on the cart. Comes loose, stand legs pop out, starts to rub the wheel, etc. 

Suggestions for a bag that will fit better? (I like Sun Mountain.) Or suggestions for attaching the 4.5LS to the cart? Anyone else have this issue? 

On 5/2/2023 at 6:49 AM, iacas said:
  • ClicGear Rovic RV1S: 24 x 15 x 13
  • ClicGear 4.0: 24 x 15 x 13
  • ClicGear 8.0: 27 x 17 x 15
  • BagBoy Nitron: 22 x 19 x 13.5
  • Sun Mountain PX3: 26 x 16 x 14
  • Sun Mountain V1R 3: 37 x 16 x 13

Sun Mountain didn't list the folded sizes of their push carts, so I got those from Amazon.

Those saying the ClicGear are too big… I don't know what they're seeing, really.

The Sun Mountain Speedcart def takes up more space than the Clicgear 4.0.  The Sun Mountain MicroCart def takes up less space than both of them.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:06 AM, saevel25 said:

I agree, I had a Sun Mountain before ClicGear and it folded up into the same size. Over the course of a couple of years, the one leg started to not stay in the most collapsed position. This caused it to take up more space. 

All push carts are about the same size. So, it would stand to reason they would all collapse into nearly the same size. Give or take a few inches here or there. What I like about ClicGear is that it STAYS in its folded position. 

The Speedcart is a bit longer than Clicgear when they are folded up.  I agree other than that, the difference in size is insignificant.

35 minutes ago, reidsou said:

My club provides ClicGear 4.0 carts. I have a Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way stand bag. The bag fits poorly on the cart. Comes loose, stand legs pop out, starts to rub the wheel, etc. 

Suggestions for a bag that will fit better? (I like Sun Mountain.) Or suggestions for attaching the 4.5LS to the cart? Anyone else have this issue? 

I’ve found having an appropriate bag to be a very important element to being happy with a push cart set up.  I have a Clic Gear 4.0, Sun Mountain Speedcart, and Sun Mountain MicroCart… the Ping Traverse and Sun Mountain Sync bags fit push carts the best, from all the bags I tried out.