IGNORED

2024 PGA Championship

colin007

4 minutes ago, StuM said:

OK, then instead of "PGAT Players" we can just say "Non-LIV Players".  I'm not sure that changes my opinion much. unless all 21 PGA Pros missed the cut which would dramatically impact the percentage of PGAT Players making the cut throwing more advantage to the "Non-LIV" group.

Two made the cut. My point isn’t to change any opinions, it’s for accuracy. If anything it further supports your opinion because PGAT players did better than your percentages.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, StuM said:

I use percentages a lot and to translate above to %

Of the total 153 in the field (excludes WD) 78 made the Cut is @ 51% overall.

Of the 16 LIV  in the field 11 made the cut is @ 69% vs the 67 PGAT Players making the cut is @ 49%  - Advantage to LIV...But you could also say they were bigger fish in the smaller pond.

Of the 11 LIV Players that made the Cut @ 6% were in the Top 10 vs @ 7% of the PGAT Players - Slight Advantage to PGAT

Of the 11 LIV Players that made the Cut 2, @ 9% were between 10-25 vs @ 21% of the PGAT Players - Advantage PGAT

Of the 11 LIV Players that made the Cust 7, @ 64%, were in the bottom 38 players vs @ 46% of the PGAT Players - Advantage PGAT

In my opinion PGAT performed better overall despite LIV wining the % that made the cut.

It is true that making the cut is a big deal but in reality all that means is they were better than the bottom 50% of all players.  If we are looking to identify the "Cream of the Crop" simply being in the top 50% does not cut it.

I agree, no asterisks needed.

I like to use percentages as well:

Winners from PGATour:  100%

Winners from LIV:  0%

• Funny 3

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, jxdama said:

All charges dropped against Sheffler.

This is the one time I actually would have entertained your schtick regarding how easy the course was and how low the winning score was and yet not a single post about it from you in this thread. I'm shocked.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Assuming nothing actually happened, good for them.

The video (from 1:48) may be the best they got of the situation and it doesn't correlate to the charges, unless Gillis suggested it happened before he got this far.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

8 hours ago, jxdama said:

From what  i read Sheffler agreed  not to sue the police. Wish he would sue. 

I think the last thing he wants is to keep dragging this incident through a media circus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread