IGNORED

taylormade tp red/black

Note: This thread is 5111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What was so amazing about that ball? I tried out a sleeve of them over 5 rounds back when our season started and didnt like them at all....
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played both, with the "tournament approved " sticker, and without, I found no difference. Also, Walmart has the ones with the sticker and the new side stamp on sale for $27 .

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

I have played both, with the "tournament approved " sticker, and without, I found no difference. Also, Walmart has the ones with the sticker and the new side stamp on sale for $27 .

Well if you read the article I believe it said the "mix-up" only affected 0.02% of the balls

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

All four dozen I bought from golfsmith are the "hot" ones. I contented all along they were 10 yards longer, and have premium spin and feel.

Looks like I will have to go back to PROV1x after all..oh well.

I hit the new "tournament edition"...uh no...not even close to the hot ones. They are comparable to PROV1, but why not just play PROV1 then...The hot ones felt like cheating...and its funny, they were! Good thing too, I have a tournament this weekend and don't want to be DQ'd.

Let me ask this, How are the TP Blacks? Anyone out there? At least they are conforming and I think they are truly the counterpart to PROV1x anyway..

thanks

Could be. Everyone, ruin their plans! Buy the TP Blacks!

hahha..... good one.

Another option to foil TM's plans would be to buy the Tournament Edition TP Reds and leave the plaino ones on the shelf.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I'm surprised at the misconceptions despite the fact that 99.8% of us never actually played with the actual small batch of balls that were non-conformance.

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

Well if you read the article I believe it said the "mix-up" only affected 0.02% of the balls

I have read the article, was just making a point to the original poster, the chances he got the nonconforming balls were about as good as hitting the lottery.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

Same as winning the lottery? Well, as I said all 4 dozen were hot. I don't believe everything golf companies say....if i did i would be playing completely different equipment all together, same goes for the percentage of this gaffe of accidentally making non conforming balls, they're are more out there than you think.

The confusion has pushed me back to Prov1

This is silly, it was an isolated incident. They are still killer balls.

Agreed. 99.98% of the balls are conforming and they are great. I doubt that everyone using TP Reds because they are awesome only had balls in that 0.02% lol

What's In My Bag:

I've since played with the "hot" and the non-"hot" versions and they're the same.

RZR Hawk 9.5

Diablo Tour 3W

RZR X Hybrid 21
09 X-Forged 4-P
X-Forged 52/56/60
Byron Morgan 007

• Administrator
Agreed. 99.98% of the balls are conforming and they are great. I doubt that everyone using TP Reds because they are awesome only had balls in that 0.02% lol

Two tenths, or 2/10, of 1% is 0.2%.

Not that it changes things much, but it is an order of magnitude.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play in weekly Pro Tour events and havent yet had any issues with these balls. I play both the black and red alot of other players use them aswell. Until they arent legal i will use them.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Two tenths, or 2/10, of 1% is 0.2%.

I didn't even notice I did that and I am actually good at math lol

What's In My Bag:

Same as winning the lottery? Well, as I said all 4 dozen were hot. I don't believe everything golf companies say....if i did i would be playing completely different equipment all together, same goes for the percentage of this gaffe of accidentally making non conforming balls, they're are more out there than you think.

Just curious, how did you find out those 48 balls were wrong? Did you weigh them? Because there is most likely no way you would be able to tell by performance. It's not gonna make your ball go 20 or even 10 yards further, maybe 3 or 4 by the most. I doubt the variance of weight is over 2 grams, probably a fraction of a gram. And plus, why would you get rid of them. You're not a nationally ranked amateur or a pro are you? I feel like getting rid of those sweet balls are like getting rid of your huge ass wedge grooves just because some high end competition rules change. Well, if you still got those balls and want to get rid of them, since they are no good, I'd take them off your hands for a reasonable price haha.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

All four dozen I bought from golfsmith are the "hot" ones. I contented all along they were 10 yards longer, and have premium spin and feel.

I'm sorry, but I don't think any tournament a 6.8 handicap is in will ever check which balls your using, and then check for each different model of that ball and see if it is approved or not.

I'm sorry, but I don't think any tournament a 6.8 handicap is in will ever check which balls your using, and then check for each different model of that ball and see if it is approved or not.

This could quite possible be the dumbest comment I've seen on this website.

For one, you are saying..if someone thinks their equipment MAY not be checked by officials...go ahead and cheat?! what the? Two, it's comical that you bash stroke play golf tournaments playing by USGA rules that single digit handicappers compete. And YOU are a 5 hcp? Looks like your carrying a vanity hadicap from the whites my friend to not recognize the difference in tournament golf and casual weekend golf. I'd unplug your keyboard and save it, golf is a sport of integrity..not cheaters like yourself that count on not being caught.. too funny

Note: This thread is 5111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!