IGNORED

Favorite Golf Company

Note: This thread is 5477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite golf company?

• Adams
    • Callaway
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • TaylorMade
    • Ping
    • Mizuno
    • Titleist
    • Cobra
    • Other. Who, and why?

I'm leaning towards Callaway because of their drivers (FT-5) and new x-forged wedges, I may switch over to their irons one day.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nickent for their driver and hybrids. But if I had to go with one company for all clubs, I would go with Ping.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

It was a very hard choice between Taylormade and Tommy Armour Golf, I really enjoy hitting my silverscot's they are forged, but they have a full cavity back, and they are very similar to Mizuno's if you it in the sweet spot man what a great feeling, smooth as butter. The 2 reasons I voted for Taylormade though Tommy Armours irons are great. Everything else they make just feels like cheap clubs. I use one of their hybrids, and I don't like it at all, changing to a Adams, or Cleavland asap. The other reason is the R7 is one of the best driver's out there. It is amazingly forgiving, I get great distance with it, and finally it has really build up my confidence.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

• 2 weeks later...
I had a set of callaways that I really love but for my new set next year I might try out mizuno. I use my bros mizuno irons 2 weeks ago and I really loved the results and feel. But when crunch time comes for new clubs in the spring I'll go with whats most confortable to me so that means 2 hours in golftown hitting clubs...lol

I'd personally have to say Nike beacuse its the only good peice of equipment I have

I agree completely... customer service sucks. Their products are out of this world, though.

In the Bag (right now)...

Cleveland Tour Issue 310UL* - Miyazaki Kusala Blue 83X

Taylormade R9 TP Tour Issue 13* - Diamana Blue 63X

Taylormade TP Hybrid 17* - Matrix Altus 80X

Taylormade TP Hybrid 19* - Matrix Altus 80X

Nike Forged Blades - 4-W - ProjectX 6.5

Nike VR Black V-Rev 52*, 58*

Scotty Cameron California Hollywood

Taylormade Penta TP3 ball

I'm a PING guy for everything for everything, although the wedges or putter I also like Titleist/Scotty Cameron/Bob Vokey, and the Pro V1 ball. Bag is either company.

So PING and Titleist!!!

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Mizuno makes the best looking irons in the game!

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

PING....
I have played them since 1967 and still play them today....
they are family owned and don't give in to gimmicks and such...
everything they produce is quality, no questions asked...
Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

• 2 weeks later...
Big fan of Titleist - but very disappointed with the D2 driver after the joy of the 905R so went for the Burner TP with 3 wood. That said though, I cant wait to hit the new D9 Titleist driver - am hoping the new one comes in a "go long and straight" version!
What I play:
Titleist 909D2 9.5 Matrix Ozik xcon 6 | Ping i15 14 Axivcore Tour Red | Ping i15 hybrid 17 Axivcore Tour Red | Titleist AP2 TTDGS300 | Vokey 52.08 SM 58.12 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 | Titleist ProV1x

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mizuno is my favorite golf company because of the quality of their products and their irons look good in my bag.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

From a driver/fairway metal stance, Taylor Made is very hard to beat. They have very good customer service. I have never played their irons so can't really say there. I currently play the Taylor Made Burner and since I bought it, several of my friends who have tried mine have ended up with the same driver.

From an iron perspective, I have had my best customer service from Ping. I had a set of clubs stolen a few years ago and could not find anything I like any better than the set that was stolen. I found out I could order a full set of the irons, which were 3 releases earlier than what was available at the time of ordering. I had someone order the irons for me but ordered a slightly different set makeup than what I originally had. I furnished the serial numbers off the set that was stolen. Ping called questioning the set that was being ordered citing that it did not match the makeup of the set for which the serial numbers had been supplied. I was pretty amazed at their record keeping. Another thing about Ping that I like, if you have a set of Ping irons and you take them to have them frequency checked...they have always been dead on what they are supposed to be. I believe this is the way all should be but have not had the same luck with some of the other manufacturers.

Worst customer service from any perspective I have ever had was from Callaway. Way too much hassle dealing with them.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

I like mizuno. No bells and whistles just nice forged clubs striaght to the point.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

Titleist. Their products perform well, look good and most of it is made in the USA. Whats not to like about that?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 5477 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!