IGNORED

Favorite Golf Company

Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite golf company?

• Adams
    • Callaway
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • TaylorMade
    • Ping
    • Mizuno
    • Titleist
    • Cobra
    • Other. Who, and why?

It's a bit of a subjective question for me. I prefer different companies for different clubs. I am not so much a one brand guy - I am constantly looking for what is best for me, based on looks, feel and performance. I have never had to deal with customer service for any club in my life (and I have owned a lot over the last 25+ years).

Driver - I have always preferred TaylorMade drivers until the last few Burners, which I have not liked (looks, feel nor peformance). I guess my favorite now would be Callaway or Titleist.

Woods - I tend to like traditional shape, design and size in my woods. I have yet to hit the new Titleist woods so I can't comment on them too much other than I like the more traditional look of them. My current 3-wood (probably soon to be replaced) is a Mizuno F50, which I have always liked the look, feel and performance of (looking to replace because it's a steel shafted model and since I replaced my driver I have about a 40-50 yard gap between 3 wood and driver now).

Hybrids - To me this is a no-brainer. I really love the Mizuno hybrids and everything about them. I have owned several over the years and liked several (Callaway FT and Sonartec among the best), but have not liked any as well as the Mizuno. When I first bought the hybrids (and 3 wood) I was not yet a Mizuno convert - I was just looking for what I liked best and loved the Fli-Hi CLK's.

Irons - I have liked Mizuno for several years, but always ended up buying something else - usually because of price. Last fall I started looking at new irons and fell in love with the MP lines and decided to buy. I have truly never loved irons as much as the Mizzies. The feel is second to none, plus that have that traditional, simple look that is always good.

Wedges - I'm a long time fan of Cleveland wedges, having owned 588s, 900s, CG10, CG11 and CG14 models over the years (and maybe a couple other models I can't remember). When I got my Mizuno irons I had to buy new wedges because the gaps were much different than what I had been playing before so I bought Mizuno wedges. I really like them a lot. It's probably a pretty close call to which I like better now. I have also owed Nike, Callaway, Wilson and Vokey wedges and have never been that big a fan of any of them.

Putter - Odyssey - This is pretty much a no brainer as I have owned several over the years and even when I go away from them I end up coming back. I have owned TaylorMade Rossa, Scotty Cameron, Hogan and Ping, but have always come back to Odyssey with my tail between my legs.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!