IGNORED

Favorite Golf Company

Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite golf company?

• Adams
    • Callaway
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • TaylorMade
    • Ping
    • Mizuno
    • Titleist
    • Cobra
    • Other. Who, and why?

I think Nike has made huge strides in all of their equipment. Their not all talk or show anymore. They just make solid, good golf equipment. Made the switch just this year.

Only club that isn't a nike in my bag is my scotty putter.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe you didn't put Wilson on that list. Shame shame shame. They have only won what... 59 majors? Oh but that's right, no famous pros played Wilson... did they? ... oh snap... Sam Snead....crap, forgot about that guy. In all seriousness, I get really peeved when people at the course scoff at someone with wilson clubs. Then I just chuckle as some old guy outplays them with Wilson blades from the 80s. My grandfather played Wilson, my dad played Wilson.... and now I play Wilson.

That being said, I tried steering away from them when I first got into golf because I thought the "glitzy" brand names of today would be so much better. Suprise... I ended up with Deep Red irons, and am looking at upgrading to Ci6's.

Wilson golf equipment kinda slacked off for a while (went to big department stores) but now they are back and kicking. Don't be suprised if you see more and more golfers switching to Wilson. It's a brand with fantastic heritage (Macgregor is in the same category, although they really need some momentum). Even the new Wilson golf balls are getting rave reviews.

I just hope they keep the prices down. Prices are getting really stupid on golf equipment.

Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

• 3 months later...
Tom Wishon Golf Technology
Because or owner/designer has over 35 years of designing golf clubs. Every club he builds fills a void in the world of golf design and he holds numerous first in golf club design.
Look him up you will be surprised.

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

1) Ping
2) Cleveland
3) Looking at & trying Vokey wedges, so we shall see . . . maybe Titleist

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

• 4 months later...
9 pages of users, 2 of whom, were powerbilt fans. Have I been mis-informed? I was told Powerbilt was a pretty good name.
Counting myself, 3 of my foursome use Powerbilt clubs. My set is a bit older, and doesn't include a driver yet (used) TPS 7.0 irons. Will these clubs produce errors that I will need to change my swing for?

Companies that should also be there. Wilson-some guy called Padraig Harrington uses them. Macgreggor. Topflite-loads of people rave about their balls! Yes! I just got a Yes! putter-unbelievably good putter, great fitting, top notch customer service.

Whatever happened to Lynx-black cat and all that. Disappeared!

MacGregor always. To me, they were "The Greatest Name in Golf". A shame they are probably defunct.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Tom Wishon Golf Technology

He was actually the first to use the forging process that Mizuno advertises so much. I looked at some blades from Wishon this weekend and they looked just like Mizunos

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Topflite-loads of people rave about their balls!

...and that's about it. My dad got one of their drivers and within five rounds it had dents in it the size of craters. And his swing speed is in the sixties. Top-flite clubs are just horrible.

For my favorite brand, it would almost be a toss-up between Callaway, Titleist, and Cleveland. I gave the nod to Callaway though, because they have earned the most spots in my bag.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

hmm, i guess my OVERALL favorite would be Bridgestone. i like their simple designs and their other companies products (Precept and TourStage), plus i like their e5+ ball. i liked how the Precept EC603 cast irons were basically the same dsign as one of TourStage's forged iron sets, so you could go either way with them. i used to be a strictly Titleist guy though, but I never cared for their drivers. Im beginning to REALLY like Nickent too. Their 4DX forged irons, Arc Blades, and new 5DX hybrids are MONEY. But my overall favorites are:
Drivers: Callaway (I love my FT-i, plus i like the FT-iQ and the new Diablo)
Hybrids: Nickent
Irons: Bridgestone/Precept/TourStage

9 pages of users, 2 of whom, were powerbilt fans. Have I been mis-informed? I was told Powerbilt was a pretty good name.

Powerbilt USED to make some good stuff. now they make junk. i think their heyday was back in the 70's

Mine is fast changing to NIKE after the results I've had with my latest addition to the bag.

I know it's foolish to think the driver and 3 wood would work equally as well......completed foolishness.......but maybe.....naw......who knows.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I said PING. I play their irons and I find them to be very good irons. I tested every iron on the market when I was searching and these were the winner for me. I'm sure they will last forever as well. I don't think I've ever hit a PING club and been disappointed.
I just hit the original Rapture driver today and the ball rocketed off the face. It felt more like a Titleist driver than my TaylorMade...very good feel.
I have never hit their wedges, but I really don't know why. I'm sure they are solid, just maybe not good enough to compete with the Vokey's of the world.
The PING G10 3W felt great when I hit it. Absolutely amazing and the results were awesome.
I also have a PING putter. I like it. The weighting of the club is outstanding - IMO up there with Camerons - but it's not as soft as my Odyssey (I really like softer putters).
PING bags...I honestly think they are the best bags on the market. I caddy and have used just about every bag there is and PINGs are the winners in my book. It's sad that I bought an Ogio over a PING, but I didn't want to shell out another $80 for a bag.
I can't really say much about their hybrids because I don't have much experience with them, but I like their headcovers!

I'm in a dilema because I don't want to have too many PING clubs in my bag. It's just weird for me. They make all these great clubs that I don't want to like because I like having a little variety in my bag. Overall though, PINGs are the best for me right now.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

titeleist just cause if i had to play all one brand it would be titty but i like all companies for different things
mizzy irons

taylormade driver
taylormade fairwaywoods
scotty putters
titty wedges
adams hybrid
nike ball

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

I'd personally have to say Nike beacuse its the only good peice of equipment I have

What!! The people at Nike are awesome! The folks over at Scotty Cameron are pretty Cool too, even though they are considered Titleist Don't get me wrong about Titleist equipment though. They make great stuff and even though I dont recall speaking with a Titleist rep on the phone I did talk to one at a demo day when I first started playing and that guy was a d**k.
What's in my Nike Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag:

L4V 9.5F Driver
909F2 13.5* VooDoo Stiff Flex Shaft
VR Forged Split Cavity 3-PW Custom Newport 2.6 Vokey Spin Milled 56.11 Wedge 60.10 SV Tour Wedge Diablo Golf Balls / ZIP Golf Balls SG 2.5

• 3 weeks later...
going to have to go with ben hogan, the clubs are all such great quality and they have the best feel, its a pitty it looks like its going dead.

In My Colonial Cart Bag
Driver: Big Ben CS3 9.5 Neutral
Woods: F60 3&5
Irons: BH5 Offset Model
Wedges: Sureout WedgesPutter: Karsten Zing USABalls: Z

Note: This thread is 5504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!