IGNORED

How Many Courses Have You Played?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the second update over twelve years. I'm now over 900 courses in 48 U.S. States and 13 countries. I've photographed almost 600 courses and now have 26,000 golf course photos on my Flickr page 

I just saw these posts which are just a few months shy of ten years old. I did recently hit 750 courses played. Gorty, you were a fortune teller  I've now played in 42 U.S. states and nine countries.

I have played 136 courses in 11 countries My top 5: 1) Twenty Ten Course, Celtic Manor, 2) Royal Portrush, 3) Rosapenna - Sandy Hills, 4) Portstewart Golf Club 5) Turtle Bay - Palmer Course

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Golfcartdriver said:

Any recommendations on courses around Cancun?  

Ask Ted.  (If that's too political I'll withdraw my comment)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

46 minutes ago, Golfcartdriver said:

Any recommendations on courses around Cancun?  Heading there next month.

I know I want to play the wcg course but unsure outside of that.

You might want to try posting in the Destinations and Travel area.  Do a search, you might find an existing thread, and if not you can start your own.  And then invite me to join you for a couple of rounds.:beer:

I spent the last 1/2 hour or so trying to remember all of the courses I've played. With everything I remember to this point, my number is at an even 80, all of them in Southern California.

On 5/1/2008 at 8:42 PM, sabram said:

I've played more than 450 courses in 28 U.S. states plus Canada, England and Scotland. Next week I'll be adding 4 more to the list, smile.png the two at Whistling Straits and the two at BalckWolf Run. I travel a few times a year for business and for an organization I do volunteer work for and always bring my clubs and try to play a few nice courses in every city I visit. Decidin where to play is part of the fun. About 5 years ago I started collecting logo balls from each course I play. I also sent envelopes and checks to about 100 courses I had played previously asking them to send me a logo ball from their course. Every single course responded by sending a ball. Some returned my check, others sent change, others sent other stuff like ball markers. Golfers are pretty cool that way. The pro at the Olympic club even sent a hand drawn club logo. My den is decorated with the golf balls in display cases and photos I have taken of some of my favorite courses. I had kept a list of every course I've played including dates and who I played with but my computer crashed a few years ago and I lost the list. a5_crying.gif

The above post is almost 13 years old.  I've now played in 48 states (all but Alaska and Hawaii) and 13 countries. Total number of courses played exceeds 750. My wife no longer thinks the golf ball collection from courses played is a good hobby.

• Thanks 2

70 for me. 

On 2/22/2021 at 4:34 PM, Golfcartdriver said:

Any recommendations on courses around Cancun?  Heading there next month.

I know I want to play the wcg course but unsure outside of that.

I played Mayakoba.  It was immaculate and had some great views of the ocean.  But perhaps that's the WGC course you already thought of?

I was young and stupid and fooled by a guy in the airport offering me a free round at a Nicklaus course.  Showed up with the coupon and they ushered me through a time share presentation.  Blew half a day of our honeymoon!  At the end of the presentation they finally accepted we were just there to play golf and the guy said, "enjoy, its the best par 3 course in the area!"  lol. It was nice though. 

Discover your happiness through the extraordinary world of Vidanta. Vidanta is a collection of luxury resorts, located in seven stunning destinations along...

• Upvote 1

(edited)

I've played all of these courses in the Cancun area, Mayakoba was the best of the bunch, the TPC course was probably the worst conditions wise, the layout was nice.  Riviera Cancun and Iberostar Cancun were both very nice.

Riviera Cancun

Mayakoba

TPC Cancun

Iberostar Cancun

I'm up to 390 courses (probably a little light) over 24 states, and 4 countries (Mexico, Canada, South Korea and the Philippines)

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

I'm up to 390 courses (probably a little light) over 24 states, and 4 countries (Mexico, Canada, South Korea and the Philippines)

I’m envious, let us know when you hit 400

• 2 weeks later...