IGNORED

How Many Courses Have You Played?

With my Vegas trip, I am now up to 286.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Somewhere between 15-20. Not a lot unfortunately, but my hope is to take a trip each year to someplace to play new courses.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

When I ditched my SkyCaddie a few years ago I had 65 courses on it. Add 10 courses I played before I got it and 10 for new courses I've played since, guess I'm up to about 85 courses across about 6 states and 3 or 4 countries.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

1.   25, give or take.

2.  NE, CA, VA, MD, DC, SD, IL

3.  No collection.   But I did pick up a few bad swing habits over the years.

:-)

At least 44 that I can enumerate (just going by memory - I haven't bothered to keep an accurate record over the years) in 8 states.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, I had to really put thought into the question as I've been playing for 47 years now. I calculated about 136 in the US: Virginia - 50, Texas - 18, Maryland - 12, NY - 10, NC - 8, California - 6, Pa. - 5, Nevada - 4, Kansas - 4, Iowa -4, Florida - 4, Utah - 2, Tennessee - 2, WV - 2, Mo. 1, SC 1, Ga. 1, Illinois - 1, and Michigan - 1. And 4 outside the US: VI -1, Bermuda - 2, and Cyprus - 1. Puts me at about 140. To next get to 150 is 10 that I'll make a "bucket list" for and will post them in this forum.

:-)

Golf kept me close to my father during the four years in the 1960's that I worked for him on weekends as his caddy. I didn't play then, but later did start playing once he insisted "it was time". It's been a joy ever since.

Adams Tight Lies 2 ST Driver 9 Deg.
Adams Tight Lies 2 ST 3 Wood
Future owner of Titleist Irons & Vokey Wedges
1968 Shakespeare Gary Player Signature Mallet Putter (A gift from my Dad)

• 4 weeks later...

1. 142, including Butler National, Milwaukee CC, Valhalla, Wolf Run, Crooked Stick, Victoria National, French Lick Resort (Dye and Ross), Bellerive CC, St. Louis CC, and Dalhousie.

2. 10 (Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, Iowa, Wisconsin, Arizona)

3. I have an entire room dedicated to golf. It contains pictures, scorecards, towels, pencils, yardage books, etc from every course played. Friends and family, even non-golfers, love it! My goal is to play 1,000 courses, and a Top 213 courses list that I've compiled from the Golf Digest, Golf, and Golfweek Top 100 Lists. 

320 courses to-date in 23 different states.  Need a lot more states to reach the bucket list of playing golf in every state.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Never really thought about it, but it has to be in excess of 100. That's one of the things we like to do is play a lot of different courses. There was a guy from Cleveland who put out several editions of the "Cleveland Golfer's Bible", describing nearly all the golf courses, public and private, in the Cleveland, Akron, Canton area. There's an alphabetized list in the back of the book, and I started checking courses off as I played them. Lots of check marks in the book.

Also, services like Golfnow, and Golf 18 Network have been a boon, as has the somewhat unfortunate phenomenon of formerly private courses having to go public, or at least semi-private, in order to survive. True, they might not be in their best shape, but most of them are in quite good condition and some amazingly so. Still, some of them are impressive tracks, and now I can get on them!

• 2 weeks later...

I have now played about 900 courses in all 50 states, 6 Canadian Provinces, and 24 countries in North America, South America, Europe, Asia & Africa. My total says 910 courses, but 18 are the same course with  new names. Of the 910 courses I have logo balls from 853 of them.

I've played about 30, all in Ontario (actually, all within about an hour of me). There's a ton of great courses near me that I haven't played and I'm making an effort this year to play a lot more of them.

I like collecting the little pencils with the course's name on them and if I really like the course I'll buy a ball marker or something.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

About 55 courses I can remember.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

1) BGC