IGNORED

How Many Courses Have You Played?

This thread is awesome.

I am one of the few golfers in my groups that takes pride on playing different courses and collecting logo balls from each course.  I've only been golfing about 10 years and have 52 courses and about 45 balls.  I also have a few balls from events I played in with its own unique logo.  I do my own personal ranking of the courses and then have printed off pictures in ranked order of the courses I've played.  Pictures and logo balls are all on the walls behind the bar in my basement.

Up until recently I haven't really gone all out in planning my golf around different courses but am starting to this year (golf trip planned this weekend to add a few more courses).  Most things I play in are all at the same courses and rarely move location.  I also don't get to travel for work and don't have a ton or courses around me in the upper midwest.  If any of you that have jobs that have some travel and are hiring give me a shout so I can get my totals up 🙂 

Also, if anyone has a way to get missing logo balls printed or created let me know.  Most companies won't print one with a course's logo due to copyright and some of the courses haven't had a logo ball year after year as I constantly ask hoping they will mail me one.  Figured I could just make my own at home or pay for them to be done.

Just checked my last entry in 2018 and the number was 133. It's now up to 215 somehow. In that time I have played 20 courses in Ireland including Portrush, Ballybunion, Waterville and RCD, 12 in Scottsdale (places like Desert Forest and We Ko Pa), about 10 in Colorado/Nebraska including Sand Hills and Ballyneal, and a bunch of others on a trip to Scotland/Dornoch as well as some new courses here in Oz eg  Kooyonga and R Adelaide.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A while ago I finally sat down and developed a list.  I am at 269 (that I can remember!).  Sadly, with the COVID situation I am not really travelling very far from home so adding new ones will likely wait until 2021.

Brian Kuehn

1. How many courses have you played?  39, but will become 40 by this time tomorrow.

2. How many states/countries does that cover?  Three states, but the vast majority are west-central Ohio. Six are in the area of Outer Banks were we often vacation and then I played one round on a par-3 course in Delaware while visiting my brother.

3. Do you collect anything from each course you visit?  Nope.

Edited by mcanadiens

Playing high school and college golf put me on a lot of courses I might not have played otherwise.  Then there're all the private country clubs I snuck onto.  My total is probably over 130.  And I've played golf, not always well, in 14 states.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

• 4 weeks later...

I just added five Bandon Dunes courses to bring my total to 409 courses played.

- 16 countries

- 10 US Open venues

- 7 British Open venues

- 9 PGA Championship venues

- 1 Masters venue (obviously only 1)

- 45 PGA Tour venues

I have been very fortunate.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Roadking2003 said:

I just added five Bandon Dunes courses to bring my total to 409 courses played.

- 16 countries

- 10 US Open venues

- 7 British Open venues

- 9 PGA Championship venues

- 1 Masters venue (obviously only 1)

- 45 PGA Tour venues

I have been very fortunate.

I can only say that I once owned a used set of Titleist AP 2's that played Augusta National.  Best I can do.

On 8/21/2020 at 7:42 AM, bkuehn1952 said:

A while ago I finally sat down and developed a list.  I am at 269 (that I can remember!).  Sadly, with the COVID situation I am not really travelling very far from home so adding new ones will likely wait until 2021.

I added Washtenaw Golf Club today!    I like it!

I've played 33 different courses so far this year.  

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

10 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I added Washtenaw Golf Club today!    I like it!

I've played 33 different courses so far this year.  

Yes, I like Washtenaw.  I have played there several times, including January 3, 2020.  My notes were:  "43 degrees, cloudy, a breeze around 7 mph. Nice. Course was very soft but not under water. Played long. Rough was healthy. Greens were pretty quick for January."

You got me on the numbers.  Only 25 courses this year.  4 new ones and only a single new course in the Mitten.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

• 1 month later...

1. About 80-100 (I can name 65off the top of my head)
2. 7 in the US(Tx, Fl, NC), 2 or 3 in each of Caribbean, Mexico, Thailand, Australia, España, Ireland, 10 or so in England and the rest in Scotland of course. 
3 Only memories and in some cases hangovers 

Stevie T

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm somewhere around 600.

Logo collection a couple of years in so some missing.

Forced to close my business back in 2011 where I had them on the wall in my office,

Wife will have nothing to do with me putting them up in the basement, so my prized collection is in a luggage bag.

logo balls.jpg

top 24 logo balls.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Embarrassed to say this is the whole lot. Upper 60’s I think...a far cry from most of you guysA1414850-BE5C-40AA-9026-6C2B34251489.jpeg

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

Some impressive numbers on here. I don't think I've reached 150 rounds total yet, but with the kids getting older I now got a lot more time for golf (Played 75 of those 150ish this year). 

1. I have played 32 different courses. 

2. 21 in Norway, 11 in other countries: Spain (3), Ireland (1), Scotland (2), Denmark (2) and Sweden (3). The most spectacular one is definitely Lofoten Links (north of the polar circle), where you can play a very challenging links course in fantastic nature around the clock in the midnight sun.   

3. I used to save my score cards, but over the years they unfortunately ended up in the trash. Now only in memory. 

I love playing new courses, and I can easily spend a couple of hours "window shopping" on google maps or in course guides. Playing new courses makes you realize how much of an advantage it is to know your way around a golfcourse, both from tee ot green and around/on the greens. Knowing where you can miss it and knowing the greens usually takes a few rounds to learn too. That the score is a little higher than usual doesn't take the fun out of playing a new course though.  

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2014 at 8:05 PM, Roblar said:

1. 14

2. OK, CA, MI

3. Nothing

Up to 18 now. Just playing the same courses again and again. Same three states too (family). I have ball marks from seven courses.