IGNORED

Mizuno MP Fli Hi Hybrid Iron - Any feedback

Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to have a full set of MP Fli-His and didnt much care for them. I just didnt hit them very well.

Oddly enough, it's like that with the Fli Hi's. If you can't hit the CLK, you can hit the MP, and vice-versa. I really like that.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 3, i like it alot. Its such a great club to hit on shourt par 4's off the tee. I feel better with this club than with my hybrid, 3 wood, and driver

Actually I believe that they can be. I know that was an option when I ordered mine. Since they are forged, they are soft and can be adjusted. Give your local Mizuno Dealer a call.

I know the loft on mine was checked and adjusted a few months after I bought it. Since they can be adjusted after the fact, I suspect they can be ordered strong or weak.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oddly enough, it's like that with the Fli Hi's. If you can't hit the CLK, you can hit the MP, and vice-versa. I really like that.

LOL...interesting. I really liked the way the MP Fli-His looked and tried to get used to them, but I just never really clicked with them. All my shots tended to go right. I didnt slice them, it was more of an inside-out swingplane issue. I tend to have the same problem with long irons as well.

From the first swing of my CLK Fli-Hi, I hit the ball long, high and very straight. Which is weird because I havent always gotten along with my woods very well.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

LOL...interesting. I really liked the way the MP Fli-His looked and tried to get used to them, but I just never really clicked with them. All my shots tended to go right. I didnt slice them, it was more of an inside-out swingplane issue. I tend to have the same problem with long irons as well.

I took my cousin to the Demo Day. He could not hit the MP, but MAN could he hit the Clk! That's when I really noticed it. Seems the Mizuno Rep was under the same impression after watching everyone else switch back and forth.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

definetely worth looking at. Do anybody know how this mizuno hybrids compare to cleveland's hi-bore?? I love the clevelands but I forgot to try mizuno in demo day. It was try what convinced me to go for cleveland.

can you tell me something about how they compare??

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering if anyone has these "long iron replacements" and what they think of them. I love my MP-57's, but have problems hitting my 4 and 3 the way i want to. Do these really work!?!

In my Navy Hoofer:
Driver: Titleist 909D2 9.5* UST ProForce V2 X-stiff
3W: 904F 15* DG X100
Hybrid: X-Hybrid 3i Fujikura Banzai Stiff
Irons: MP-57 X200 3-PW

Wedges: Gauge Design Handmade 54* and 60*

Putter: SSB LKG Custom "Masters Edition"

Ball: Penta, Pro-v1x

Other: Pinseeker 1500 Tournament

I was wondering if anyone has these "long iron replacements" and what they think of them. I love my MP-57's, but have problems hitting my 4 and 3 the way i want to. Do these really work!?!

Short story: I like mine.

Full story: check out this thread http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...=Mizuno+Fli-Hi

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was contemplating on tryiing them out since they were so cheap on RBG.com. I've heard some good reviews but I don't know how much easier they are to hit versus a GI cavity back.

« Keith »

Got the 3 and 4 and love them. I hate the traditional hybrid I had before but these are great. Seem pretty forgiving too. Highly recommend. They are about equal in forgiveness to my old long irons with less offset. Much more forgiving and longer than my current irons.

Brian

• 1 month later...
I'm considering one of these to be my 4 iron, as the new MX950 set I'm getting comes with a 4h not a 4 iron, and I always like my 4 iron.
What do you think? They aren't expensive.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

go for it, i had the 3i 21* MP Fli-Hi and it was a beauty to hit, workable and forgiving but do try them out first at the driving range to see if you're ok with them. regretting that i sold it during my club ho-ing days.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

I almost bought one today, But I cant justify it being the same loft as my 3 iron. But they are very nice.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I own an 18* Fli Hi and I could not be happier with it. Its very easy to hit and extremely forgiving.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

• 1 month later...
Hey, I was wondering if anyone out there has one of these clubs? I'm debating on whether or not I should buy some hybrids or these hybrid irons...Those of you that have hit them, let me know what you think and how they compare to other hybrids on the market? Are they worth buying or should I stick with a normal hybrid club? Also, is the ball flight as high as a normal hybrid club, and how are the distances? Thanks!

In my Grom:
R9 460 Aldila RE-AX 60g Stiff
07' Burner 3 Wood Stiff
09' Rescue 2 and 4 Stiff
09' Burner 3-PW Superfast 85 Stiff 09' Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel and Oil Can Wedges 50,54,60SeeMore Putter Pro V1 2.0 SG 2.5

I got the callaway hybrid irons and they are really nice, you dont need to put as much strength into them so you can concentrate on ball contact and ur swing

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Seeing this now, I am really glad I ended up getting a 2 not a 4. I've hit the MX100 hybrid and I love it. It would've been a real waste if I had got a 4 iron while I had this amazing hybrid.

I just can't wait any longer, I WANT MY SET!
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

• 4 months later...
Hey, I was wondering if anyone out there has one of these clubs? I'm debating on whether or not I should buy some hybrids or these hybrid irons...Those of you that have hit them, let me know what you think and how they compare to other hybrids on the market? Are they worth buying or should I stick with a normal hybrid club? Also, is the ball flight as high as a normal hybrid club, and how are the distances? Thanks!

I have a FI-HI 18 deg and am very happy with it (even not the latest version). By coincidence bought it cheap from a friend in the club who could not hit it (older golfer, slow swing). Wanted to try it due to stiff graphite shaft, but this one suits me. Use(d) it as my driving "weapon" (until recently could not hit a driver with confidence) and was in front of many golfers with drivers after the shot and for sure you are on the short grass. If you need draw or straight - no problem at all - fade/slice -somehow very difficult to produce for me with this club. Considering my handi (higher than yours) you should have no problem with hitting it (even if you have an avg SS) so obviously you like it - give it a try, but try different shafts. My problem is - club is excellent from the tee or fairway and good lies but once you are in the longer grass (at least me) forget it. Hybrids other kinds (for instance Cobra mentioned in this thread) will produce much higher flight from the rough and slide through the rough better. That depend what kind of course you usually play on as well, what rough... Distance - you just have to test yourself but something 210 - 240 yards you should get; anyhow you know where you have a planned gap in your set and what distance you want/expect. Also what I can add I usually put quite a lot of spin on my shots, but not on this club - it rolls more even than the driver for me and I like it (and still goes quite a bit in the air). "Problem" with it is I can not hold it on the greens as Cobra's baffler (downside)... but I am not so good to attack greens from that distance anyway...hybrid will be easier to stop on green I believe. I have a small greens on most of the courses I play (and hilly terrain) so I do not use it for approach shots.

If you need different approach and want to attack greens I would say go for 20deg loft or choose standard hybrid.

Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!