IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just purchased the following for post surgery golf being that I am a USAF Veteran I thought they would be appropriate.  

Titleist T400 irons. I haven’t gotten them yet, but they are on order!

Bought a US Kids golf set and pink hello kitty balls for my daughter.  It's for her 3rd birthday so i'm just hoping she likes golf as much as her dad.

Posted Images

I spent too much money today at the golf store. I went in to get my lie angle changed a degree on my 7-PW. I walked out with a pair of FJ Sports and 3 pair of Greg Norman shorts.

Got a little summer bonus at work and treated myself to a Taylormade Burner 2.0 Driver. 10.5 stiff shaft......That thing is BOSS!

• 2 weeks later...

Been spending a lot on golf lately. Got a Burner 2.0 3 wood to match my driver last week and then today I picked put a Vokey 56.14 sand wedge...

Im done for a while...I promise...

Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow golf balls.  I have been playing the AD333 since last year and like them but I wanted to see if I can could hold more greens with these.  They work!  Now I like expensive golf balls, too.  And the yellow is easy to see.

Originally Posted by taxpayor

Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow golf balls.  I have been playing the AD333 since last year and like them but I wanted to see if I can could hold more greens with these.  They work!  Now I like expensive golf balls, too.  And the yellow is easy to see.

i may try these! i have been using ad333 for as long as i can remember (also i want to use a yellow ball to be different)

Took a couple fairway clubs that I don't use to the new PGA Tour Superstore and traded them in on a pair of black Etonic shoes.  They had a special deal going for that day only; they would add an extra 30% to your trade in value if you made an in-store purchase that day.  So I was able to get a clip-on-the-hat-brim ball marker thingy with my Denver Broncos logo, and box of E6 balls.

Total for the day:  $4.04.

• 3 weeks later...

I too bought more than I should have.  Had my bachelor party this past weekend.  Played at Renditions Golf Club near D.C.  Went to Golfsmith to get a new glove and some balls before the weekend, walked out with a FJ weather sof glove, Srixon Z-Stars, Under Armour grey golf pant, Travis Mathew Basher white polo, Under Armour white golf belt, Snake Eyes wind beater umbrella (effing hurricane!).  Oops...

Maintenance on irons.

MP11s got extended 1" each iron and they saved the grips

BH wedges - 1" and new grips

Still waiting to pick up my TA1s (3/4 "), TA7 2-iron (1") and Mizuno Pro wedges (1" each and some bending). I doubt they'll be able to save the TA1 grips. Going with Player's Softie if they can't.

Money well spent.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Maintenance on irons.

MP11s got extended 1" each iron and they saved the grips

BH wedges - 1" and new grips

Still waiting to pick up my TA1s (3/4 "), TA7 2-iron (1") and Mizuno Pro wedges (1" each and some bending). I doubt they'll be able to save the TA1 grips. Going with Player's Softie if they can't.

Money well spent.

Golftown?

Got my driver shortened 1.25 inches

New Nike Glove ( $10 bin )

Bag of tees

I have a $50 voucher for a little golf shop here in Calgary...probably pick up new cleats and take my driver in and talk to a guy about why the hell I am hitting them so low....look at some launch numbers etc

Last trip I picked up a dozen of the Srixon Q-Star balls to evaluate. Best purchase of the year has to be one of those $3 suction cups to put on the end of my putter. Anything to save my back a little bit.

I almost fell flat on my face a few times this weekend while tee'ing up for drives. Slick ground and trying to take some of the strain off the back by leaning a little on whichever club I am teeing off with. Irons are usually OK but the driver has a tendency to slip out under the pressure which must be quite comical to watch. Luckily I have caught myself before doing a faceplant every time so far.

Last trip was for a new pair of shoes.  I used to go in to see what's new but now I go in with tunnel vision and look for what I'm there for because it's too easy to buy something that I don't need, and I don't need much right now.

Last trip, I picked up only a few items: a Titleist visor, a new towel and a used R7 425 Quad to complete another set to load to out of town friends.

• iacas changed the title to Last (Golf) Thing You Bought