IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

Originally Posted by the fish

I went out and bought a Sun Mountain Four 5 on my lunch break today.  It will be replacing a Ping Hoofer.  Looking forward to loading it up tonight after work.  Really looking forward to taking it out for a round this weekend.

That's a great bag... I love mine.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just purchased the following for post surgery golf being that I am a USAF Veteran I thought they would be appropriate.  

Titleist T400 irons. I haven’t gotten them yet, but they are on order!

Bought a US Kids golf set and pink hello kitty balls for my daughter.  It's for her 3rd birthday so i'm just hoping she likes golf as much as her dad.

Posted Images

Bought Tour Trek One Click push cart. Had a recent heart surgery, thought thinking my days of carrying my bag are over. But now having second thoughts about it as I like carrying my bag. Will play on Sunday carrying my bag and will decide if this cart is a keeper or will be returned.

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.

See my signature...

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a Mizuno Rider cart, FJ synr-g shoes and golf gloves. Then on another store paid $16.00 for a Tour Exotic Hybrid 3H 18 degrees. I want to learn how to hit a hybrid as hitting a 3 iron off the first cut of rough is an almost impossible shot for me...

• 2 weeks later...
Last time I posted here, I think I said I was done. I guess not, LOL. Bought Titleist AP1's, 2010 model. Golf Town has a big blow out sale this time each year and they had 3 demo sets left. Wanted to make a change from the TM Burner 1.0's I've played the last few years. More interested in control than pure distance. Had hit the Titleists and liked them - they feel more balanced than the Burners, maybe because the shaft is heavier(?). Took them to the range (indoor though) and hit them well. I'm sure I'll be shorter with these, but hopefully improve my accuracy.

2 shirts on sale, a swing weight (which somehow i have already misplaced), and alignment sticks.

not a trip, per se, but i just ordered online the fairwaypro mat and some ecco street golf shoes. super psyched!

I like my Ecco Street's. They are really comfortable. But I played in a round last week and it rained for about 6 holes. And my feet were wet by the mid point. I'm going to use them only for dry conditions moving forward.

• iacas changed the title to Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • MD: 89 (Black/Orange combo tees): 89. Up and down sandy on 17th was nice. One of my better sand shots of the week.  SV: 98 (Black tees).. Tough day. Bit too much of a course for me from black tees. Drive on 18 uphill was a bright spot that stood out though.  SV: 89 (Orange tees).. phew.. much better. 2nd shot on 16 uphill from 198 out over bunker with a borrowed 3 iron (thanks @DeadMan.. :-)) that dropped and stopped within a few feet for a kick-in might be the shot of the week for me.  LL: 92, 92 back-to-back on the same day. Tried my darndest hard to break 90 but couldn't twice. Best shot 3 iron (thanks again Dan..) on uphill par 3 10th (I think 220 yards..) for a good par.  Lac La Bell: 107 (Blue tees): Forgettable day score-wise except for holes 15-16 where I finally hit couple of good drives.  
    • Pretty amazing for a $500 box. Close enough for me.  
    • I played roller coaster golf. This is going to be a lengthy recap. I’m not expecting people to read through the whole thing; it’s more for my own entertainment purposes to go back over some of these holes. Day 1 (Sandbox and Mammoth Dunes) I made par on #16 at SB by hitting a PW as hard as I could to the front of the green and then putting from there to 8’ from the back hole location. The hole was 170 from the tee and the longest club I had was PW. It sounds a lot easier in writing than it was. I didn’t play that well at MD. Probably hit a few good drives, but I don’t remember doing anything remarkable. Day 2 (SB and Sand Valley) Made birdie on #7 at SB. Teed off with putter, hit it to 3’. Hit an 8i on #16 at SB to 8’. It’s a Redan and I hit a fade. @DaveP043 showed us how it’s supposed to be played by hitting a draw to the front of the green and letting the ball roll up to the hole about 6’ away. Didn’t play well at SV on the first round, but I hit some good drives and made a few pars, including on #18 where I hit driver-3w into the sand area to the right of the green, hit a 30 yard blind sand shot just off the green and made par from there. Day 3 (SB and SV) Birdied #7 again at SB. Again teed off with putter but not great, holed a 20’ putt for birdie. Quit golf on the 3rd hole at SV, so naturally, I birdied #4. Hit a good drive and 2h just left of the green, had a ridiculous putt from the top of a hill that hit a sprinkler head and trickled to tap in distance. Hit 4i-2h on #6, GIR and 4-putted. Dave measured my first putt - I was 40 yards from the hole. Hit a perfect drive over the sand pyramid on #7 (I was on top of it the day before), followed by an easy 2h I wanted to run up to the green, which I pulled slightly but it bounced off a hill and rolled onto the green anyway. Had a 30’ putt for eagle, 3-putted for par. Birdied #12. Like @saevel25, I also went driver-7i and put it on the green. Made par on #14 which I described in the Best Shot of the Week thread. That 6i was probably in the top 5 most pure shots I have ever hit. It started on the line I wanted, turned exactly how I pictured it, and flew exactly the right distance. Missed the 6’ putt for birdie which I really wanted to make with the other group watching on the tee. I hit a good drive on #18 and tried to hit a 2h into the fairway short of the green. Ended up flaring it way right into the Sahara. Matt later asked if I hit a good shot because it looked like I was posing, and I told him I was so gassed I just didn’t want to move after the shot 😂 Day 4 (Lawsonia Links x 2) Got my best score of the trip here with an 87 in our first round. I hit some good shots, but nothing really spectacular. Just made fewer mistakes overall. Made birdie on #9 after hitting my drive into the fescue. Hit a 7i back into the fairway and a low spinner to 3’, which was still outside Dave’s blind third shot from the fairway bunker which he put to 2’. Day 5 (Lac La Belle) Made a really good decision to grab breakfast at Fresh Baked Cafe in Oconomowoc. The beers were cold at the end of the round. I seriously played like crap.
    • Probably not possible. Calling someone on a rules violation is going to disrupt "serenity" within the group but sometimes that is the cost you have to pay for doing the right thing.  I'm sure I've looked the other way on minor rules infractions that had no material impact on the outcome because the cost wasn't worth the benefit. I can't think of any offhand, but to borrow an example from your first post, if someone rotated their ball on the green without marking it, I would probably be more likely to pull them aside on the next hole and tell them they need to mark it next time vs. call a penalty on them.  But like with many things in life - you can't have your cake and eat it to. If you decide that something needs to be called out for a penalty, you have to accept the likely possibility of temporary discord in the group. Don't be a jerk about it - be polite, but direct - and you give yourself the best chance of a positive outcome.
    • Was in a group a few years ago that played every Wednesday and we did this same thing with net birdies every year.  One year got to 16 of them, but couldn't get two of them that I didn't get strokes on.  At least with this one, I get to count more than just Wednesday rounds...
  • Today's Birthdays

1. andreanewman
      andreanewman
      (29 years old)
    2. Erg
      Erg
      (54 years old)
    3. Hacker James
      Hacker James
      (79 years old)
    4. irishmike27
      irishmike27
      (42 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...