IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

Just picked up a brand new Nike VR Pro STR8-FIT Tour driver for $140.

Next visit will be new gloves and maybe a couple of new grips to try out.  Also eying a couple of new mallet, center shafted putters.

Sold some "old" golf equipment on eBay and now I am busy spending the money I got back from the sales.  In addition to the driver above, purchased a Taylormade Ghost Spider, some new Pure Pro Midsize grips to try out, Iomic putter grip, possibly buying a SeeMore SB1, and eying the Ogio Chamber bag.  I do not need a single one of the items I have purchased, just playing around.

Bought a bunch of Apollo Phantom shafts and shafted a set of original KE4 heads I had bought last year as blems (although the only "blem" I could find was a couple heads with missing plastic shrink wrap).  I really like this set, and the shafts.

Snagging a few shafts today from Golfworks that are on clearance.

I bought three grips and a used R11 with an X flex UST Proforce VTS 75 gram shaft.  It's a sweet driver, really low spin, maybe 43".  Not very long at all, but very tight.  I can only carry it maybe 260 on a good swing, but I get a good 50 yards of roll out of it, or more if I didn't hit it right and it drops straight out of the sky from the lack of spin!  It's a great into-the-wind driver.  Hit 3-wood playing with the wind.

Finally broke down and succumbed to Taylor Made's marketing machine, bought an R11 10.5 degree driver and the RBZ 3 wood.  Can't wait to see if the launch monitor results translate to the course!

Originally Posted by Huffy2k

Finally broke down and succumbed to Taylor Made's marketing machine, bought an R11 10.5 degree driver and the RBZ 3 wood.  Can't wait to see if the launch monitor results translate to the course!

That's ok. I got the RBZ driver....

So sick

Golf balls - 3 dozen Bridgestone e5's and a double dozen B330RX's that were on sale. Golf Town is doing a trade in thing in Feb, so I traded in some crappy shag bag balls I had laying around, and saved a bit more $$.

Golf balls - 3 dozen Bridgestone e5's and a double dozen B330RX's that were on sale. Golf Town is doing a trade in thing in Feb, so I traded in some crappy shag bag balls I had laying around, and saved a bit more $$.

• iacas changed the title to Last (Golf) Thing You Bought