IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just purchased the following for post surgery golf being that I am a USAF Veteran I thought they would be appropriate.  

Titleist T400 irons. I haven’t gotten them yet, but they are on order!

Bought a US Kids golf set and pink hello kitty balls for my daughter.  It's for her 3rd birthday so i'm just hoping she likes golf as much as her dad.

Posted Images

Originally Posted by Russtopher

Callaway HX Soft indoor balls

Chipping mat

I was going to get a hitting net, but the reviews online scared me off, as this is for hitting in my garage over the winter so I can work on my (admittedly bad) swing. Last thing I need is a broken window, so I'll work with these. Response is OK, not weighted like a ball, but when I s*&^k one, it goes right, so I know I'm not swinging properly.

Get one from Dicks, there's a "Big Net" 8'x8' not normally for sale. Callaway makes an 8x8 net as well for about $159 also at Dicks. There was also a thread (on this forum) with someone getting one from a company based in Washington state that looked pretty good. I plan to get that as well as this one gets destroyed. The net part on mine works very well, the frame is made of that pop up tent material. It seems to have held up for about 3 weeks so far (I hit about 500 balls per day, so it might be unusually high wear). I broke two clips that hold the straps together, but just tied them together. You might want to setup multiple nets in your garage like they do at Dicks. That would be a cool setup.

My kids use our net setup during the day sometimes, and I use it to hit at nights after my kids go to bed. Sometimes, an early morning session helps get the body going as well.

I would invest a bit more on a full size mat that you can stand on. It is more comfortable.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

got a Project x 5.0 graphite shaft and had it installed on my Powerbilt AFO WMD driver......it is a 350 shaft and the driver head is a 335......the Builder lightly sanded the shaft and it fit like a glove.

he said it may break.....but my SS is only 87-94 mph...so I don't think I'll snap it.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2012 model of the Titleist 14way premium stand bag.  The 2013 premium only has one strap and the lightweight 14way is too small, got it in black with red/white trim.  Early Christmas gift to myself.  I'll probably get the 913D a few days after Christmas (not sure if D2 or D3 I'm going to get fitted) so not much else I need except some clothing.  On a side note, I had been thinking about new irons to get into the forged line especially AP2s, but I decided to take my dad's older Callaway Forged X irons to the range with me and needless to say I no longer need new irons ! He currently plays Mizuno MP-59s, so they wont need replacing.   Happy shopping !

• iacas changed the title to Last (Golf) Thing You Bought