JYB

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

3,123 posts / 223886 viewsLast Reply

I wonder how long these have been around. Pretty sure I've seen them used awhile back ago.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What’s the discount if we use IACAS code? 😚

Ping Pioneer cart bag - I'm partial to Ping bags since I've used a Hoofer for carrying since I started playing golf 20+ years ago. Don't love how the carry bag tends to twist strapped into my push cart, so decided to try out a cart bag for days when I use the push cart.

SKB Staff hard case to protect the new Mavrik's for a couple trips over the next few months.

18 hours ago, DuckDuckFoose said:

Putting mirror, and a couple gloves. 

How's the mirror working for you?

So last Friday I bought a dozen ProV1s and TP5s for me and my son to play Friday and Tuesday. Just now bought a set of M6 irons for my son. 

12 hours ago, phedrick said:

How's the mirror working for you?

It has definitely helped my setup, and having a square face at setup. Also has a couple holes to put tees in, so you can do a gate drill as well. 

Just purchased a new fairway wood (Taylormade M2, 3HL 16.5-degree) to replace my 13-year-old (!) Burner 4W.

Just for the heck of it, since I haven't spent money on anything in a while (thanks, COVID), I added the matching 3H to replace my old Nike.

Edited by Hardspoon

Just purchased a weight kit for my Edel putter and got some new head covers for my driver and 3 wood. Hopefully will be getting some new Edel wedges in the near future. 

Bought a new set of Majek Hybrid Irons. 

Senior flex, 3 through PW

Played with them Tuesday morning in a 3 man scramble. We shot 1 under par. 

Played 2nd time with them this morning and finally started feeling the difference and started swinging easier but still pretty aggressive. 

I had been playing an old set of MXD irons with a stiff shaft. I played them well but was losing distance due to me getting older and slower. (sigh)

I also started to stand up straighter and slowed my back swing down and was very pleased with the performance of the hybrid. 

PW = 100 - 110 yards

9 = 110 -120

8 = 120 - 130

7 = 130 - 140

6 = 140 - 150

5 = 150 -160

4 = 170 - 180

3 = 180 - 190

5 wood, not hybrid, Callaway Epic = 150 - 160 yards

3 wood, Ladies Tour flex, 170 - 190 yards (with a little roll out to usually 200 if I really lay into it.) 

Hot Launch Driver = 200 - 230 yards

It is definitely different and my "other" golfing buddies, who are younger than me don't seem to understand why I want to go to a hybrid. 

I find them easier to hit, and more forgiving. 

Won't play again until Tuesday morning but I am very satisfied and looking forward to our Tuesday morning scramble. 

One more thing, I find my distance increasing as I get more comfortable with the hybrids. 

I still use an "A" wedge and a 60* loft wedge. 

Retired Old Man

Majek Hybrid Irons.JPG