Please Use Title Case on New Topics
JYB

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

3,140 posts / 228288 viewsLast Reply

My last three trips (because the last two don't make sense without 3 back):

3 times ago: See the TEN Mizuno clubs in my bag? I paid for them. And I bought a store-brand glove. And a 2-can insulated pouch in the shape of a golf bag.

2 times ago: Looked at bags.

Last time: Picked up my Mizuno clubs. And looked at bags.

Next time: Purchase bag.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I buy online as it is definitely cheaper (with no sales tax) than at any store.

Also...when buying online...I know they are brand new clubs that haven't been hit. Still have shrink wrap on the heads. No idiot marks you will get when buying from a store.

I'll try out the product at the stores...go home to jump on the computer and order it from tgw at lower prices.

Picked up a new Oddysey Sabertooth putter for a friends birthday gift. As for me, a month or so ago I picked up my wedges in my signature, which will probably be my last major purchase for a long time to come. 80% of the time, I just stop by to pick up new golf balls, like i am today (trying out the new Top Flite Gamer's)...

Lets see...

-Scotty putter
-Cut the putter 2" and a new grip
-new grips for all my irons
-cut the driver 2" and a new grip
-new grip for my sister's putter
-tee's
-HX Hot Bite's

I had to get my driver cut down along with checking the tip. It was free but the grip cost me $10.

I'm glad I carried cash and left the wallet in the car. They had some sweet Scratch wedges and shafts I want to put in my hybrids. My wife would not have been pleased.

I bought a Callaway Hyper X Tour driver and got a dozen hx hot bite balls free. Next trip I will either get new shoes or a putter, although I would like to add a Ping G5 fairway wood to my bag, I love the 5wood I have.

Nothing. I will stop in one now and then out of habit, but it has been a long time since I bought something at a golf store.

1 week ago ordered, Callaway Big Bertha Irons 3-PW,
Yesterday bought Big Bertha 460 10degree stiff
Thursday when I go back to pay and pick up my clubs, Im sure ill be getting some other goodies.

This forum has cost me all sorts of money since I joined!!

1 week ago ordered, Callaway Big Bertha Irons 3-PW,

You are soo correct, i see everyone in these forums with their dream sets and all these nice clubs, I just love to buy the clubs to show them off in my signature.

Last trip was probaly nike sp8 (white black saddle), shoe polish, nike windsheer II umbrella and nike rain gloves

last thing bought was the Scotty I got in the mail yesterday thought

and the next thing will most likely be a Datrek Hardcase Sport Travel Case (not sure if it'll be the very next thing but it'll sure happen at the start of August at the latest

LOL...I go all the time! Just to try something ie a shaft on a used club, or a club ... or I shop for prices, as I buy crap all the time! LOL

But last visit was to trade my R7-XD's in @ Golfsmith for a set of Mizuno MP-30's...oh, I got them bent as well, so that time I bought the Clubvantage card..

Pete

Was an expensive trip to the store today:

A set of Mizuno MX-25 irons
A Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5 Stiff Prolaunch Red
Taylormade Tour Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Had a complete fitting today, and it was excellent. Now time to wait for all of them to come in......