JYB

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

3,125 posts / 224201 viewsLast Reply

i've been buying a crapload of stuff that i really dont' need! get me the hell out of the golf store!!!

Some Titleist NXT Extreme's and tees to go along.

Think my next visit will be an expensive one, where I will buy a new set of irons along with a new putter and maybe a 3 wood.

Last time I went to the golf store I got the FT-5 tour with a custom graffaloy platinum shaft. Its a frickin beast.

Too much...I'll be feeling the dent in my wallet for a while.
  • Callaway Warbird Hot Stand bag (replaced a ten year old bag)
  • Clicgear 2.0 cart (I need to walk...lazy....don't want to carry clubs)
  • FootJoy Contour shoes
  • 4 Reebok Golf microfiber shirts
  • Long tees...the kind with the painted blue mark for tee height consistency

Never been to a golf store! Closest one to me is about an hour drive. I plan on going soon. Need a putter...

8 dozen Pro V 1 balls with the pro shop credit that I won playing in a tournament last year. I then sold them on e Bay for $308.50

8 dozen Pro V 1 balls with the pro shop credit that I won playing in a tournament last year. I then sold them on e Bay for $308.50

CHA----CHING!!!!!

It pays to play well!!!! Nice way to convert your good play into $$$. When I laid off golf the ProV1 was just coming out...my golf buds were starting to use them....lining them up for huge tee shots....lining them up for putts....etc. I come back to the game 3 years later and see that the ball has been a mainstay ever since. Way to go Titleist !!!!

Greetings. Today I plonked down the cash on the Adams A3OS irons, complete with fitting and grips. I'm looking at the Big Bertha 360 or the Hibore xls for a driver.

I haven't played much recently so I decided to get a real set and beat the crap out of a lot of balls this summer. We only live once, eh...?

Ohhh, last time I went was a joyous day. Just left the Byron Nelson, went to the PGA superstore b/c I needed a hat. Couldn't find a hat, so I went to Golfsmith. They were having a tent sale. HUUUGE discounts.

They already had stuff on clearance outside (about 30-40% off), but that day you took an ADDITIONAL 25% off, but if you bought 3 items...you take 50% off!

So, I got a new Titleist hat (not on sale, $21 or so), 2 Addidas Climacool shirts, and 1 Greg Norman (same kinda Climacool) shirt, and a little club head cleaner all for a total of $80! Each one of those shirts are like $60 normally!

My last trip to a ••••••••• resulted in about an hour and a half fitting session on a launch monitor for a new driver. I walked out with the Callaway Hyper X listed below in my signature.

I went to my local store (Edwin Watts Golf) today considering the purchase of a Burner 3 wood and a Monza Spider putter. I first tried out the putter and I wasn't hitting it any better then I normally hit my old ping blade putter, so I decided to not buy it. I then went to the simulator and hit a demo Burner 3 wood. I stepped up to the ball and without and practice swings or anything blasted it down the center with distance about what I get from demo drivers there. I thought it might have been just a lucky swing, but I then kept repeating the performance. I did hit a couple of shots not flush, but there was very little (10-15 yards) of distance lost. I couldn't buy the club fast enough. I'm going to play later today and I am pumped to see this club in action on the course!

The last thing I bought was a Wilson brass blade putter (like the one Corey Pavin is using this week). I was sinking everything on the practice green with it and it was only like $25, so I said what the hell and got it. Haven't put in my bag yet though.

One of our main golf shops is in the process of closing down. Yesterday I found myself walking out with a sack full of golf gloves and shoe trees for my golf shoes. (Shoe trees for golf shoes are one of the greatest investments but one of the most overlooked by golfers to help prolong the life of their golf shoes.)

(Shoe trees for golf shoes are one of the greatest investments but one of the most overlooked by golfers to help prolong the life of their golf shoes.)

I agree 100000000%!!!