Note: This thread is 2440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody use Brush-T tees? They are made of plastic with long plastic bristles forming a circle that you set the ball on top of. They are supposed to make for a driving off of grass feeling with less resistance.

I bought some because they came with a free 6-month subscription to Golf Digest, and the idea seems solid; But I'm the only person I've ever seen using one at the course, and I've certainly never seen any pros using them on TV.

Are these bogus? Would I be better off just using cheap wooden tees? I figure at $4 for 3 Brush-T's, they should last through enough drives to be worth the price. So far the one I've been using shows zero wear.

I was given one once, a 3-Wood version, and I used it for a while when hitting 3-Wood off a tee. It felt OK, but I couldn't modify the tee height. Also, the bristles seemed to fan out a bit after a while.

If you like it, stick with 'em. A benefit they certainly have over most other tees is that you get a consistent tee height. If that tee height is right for you, then it's a good tee.

The tee you use is largely a matter of preference. If you're thinking of trying something else, I suggest the Zero-Friction tees. Many guys here are still on the pack of 50 they bought years ago.
  • Upvote 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think you hit one disadvantage on the head, the fixed length. However as you say this can be an advantage because you get to practice with the ball always at the same height from the ground. They come in quite a few different lengths.

Thanks for the suggestion on Zero-Friction. I'll look at my options when and if these brush-t's wear out.

I cant stand those things, after you use them for a certain period of time, the bristles get worn out and its impossible to put the ball on.

Your standing for 5 mins on the teebox trying to put the ball onto them.

They're OK. If you want consistent tee height they're great. The "technology" of the non-resistance is insignificant. I had 'em. Probably won't buy them again.

The tee you use is largely a matter of preference. If you're thinking of trying something else, I suggest the Zero-Friction tees. Many guys here are still on the pack of 50 they bought years ago.

I have the zero friction tees and they just shatter into pieces every time i use one. Have more of them but a lot of people have said that plastic tees mark your clubs so have stuck with wooden ones. Large packs are very cheap on ebay.

The zero-friction tees are a big seller where I am, more so than the brush tees. I also, as suggested earlier, have had my zero-friction tees shatter on occasion, but not enough to sway me away from them.

I never try and advocate the use of brush t's, but I have been using them for years now. Yes, I agree they do soften up or wear and eventually you have to pitch 'em, but I've been using the SAME ONE, for over 2 years so. . .

My new golfing buddy also uses them. Chance in a million to have 2 guys hitting drivers off of 3wood brush t's, but its happened! If they do "scrunch" up, I've found soking them in warm water for a few and then putting them back in their package gives them a bit more life.

I use reg. wood t's for my 3wood and long iron T shots.

The zero friction last longer but they do mark the bottom of my superquad.....a little elbow grease and soap and water and the marks do come off though......

i was using them but switched over to zero friction. my pops uses the orange ones with his nike sumo and bombs it though...

Yes, I have been using the orange ones ("Oversized"). They are the 2nd tallest ones. The yellow ones are the tallest but they are too tall for my liking and much more expensive.

When I get a good drive, I really bomb the ball too, but that's only when I get a good drive... i'd probably get the same results with a normal tee.

• Administrator
The zero-friction tees are a big seller where I am, more so than the brush tees. I also, as suggested earlier, have had my zero-friction tees shatter on occasion, but not enough to sway me away from them.

Never cared for Brush-Ts. Did a review on them, too.

Zero Frictions occasionally break, but by "occasionally" I mean once every 50 tee shots (or more).
The zero friction last longer but they do mark the bottom of my superquad.....a little elbow grease and soap and water and the marks do come off though......

Well, even a painted tee leaves a mark, yeah... I'd rather have a teeny ZF mark (plastic, not painted) than a big red streak across the bottom from a red painted wood tee.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...
I've used brush tees and didn't see any improvements in distance or anything. But then I know people that say they added distance on their drives. I personally think they are kind of overrated, but i don't know, dependes on the player I guess.

Note: This thread is 2440 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!