IGNORED

Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Note: This thread is 5069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Which irons do you think are better as far as feel and control?

Whats in my bag
Driver: 983K 8.5*
Fairway Wood: 906F2 15.0
Hybrid:585H 19*
Irons 690 CB and MB. CB 3-5 MB 6-PWWedges: Vokey Tour Chrome 54 58 Putter: Bettinardi C-04 Ball: Pro V1X

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mizuno's forging blows everyone away. and even i am a titleist guy. gotta give it to

-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------
Driver --Titleist 907D2 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard
F.W. --Titleist 906F4 15.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard
Irons --Mizuno MP-57 - Project X 6.0Wedges --Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 58* - Dynamic Gold X100Putter --Cameron...

I know i am still sticking with Titleist even though i like your irons.

Whats in my bag
Driver: 983K 8.5*
Fairway Wood: 906F2 15.0
Hybrid:585H 19*
Irons 690 CB and MB. CB 3-5 MB 6-PWWedges: Vokey Tour Chrome 54 58 Putter: Bettinardi C-04 Ball: Pro V1X

there's nothing wrong with titleist irons..they will last longer. they're the #1 and 2 iron on the PGA tour
-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------
Irons --Mizuno MP-57 - Project X 6.0Wedges --Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 58* - Dynamic Gold X100Putter --Cameron...

very similar
-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------

mizuno's forging blows everyone away. and even i am a titleist guy. gotta give it to

I have to agree! I love Titleist, but there is something about the feel of Mizuno irons.

Driver - R7 425 9.5*
3 Wood - 980 15*
Hybrid - Rescue Mid 19* & 16*
Irons - 735.CM 4-9
Wedges - 248.06, SM54.14, & SM60.08White Hot Tour #5 Ball - ProV1 XHome Course: The Island

I have to agree! I love Titleist, but there is something about the feel of Mizuno irons.

they have something about them tht when u catch it solid the ball rockets off the club with precise control.

-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------

I have to agree with the above posts, im a titliest iron guy myself, but the Mizunos have that "butta" feel that no other players iron gives you. If i had to actually pay full price for my irons, Id be playing Mizuno's or those new Bridgestone J36.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Well, as you see in my signature... My Miznuo MP29c (customs!) are still going strong some 10+ years after tossing them in my bag. Yes, my PW-7iron probably need to be regrooved (aka, retired...) but I still absolutely love them. The feedback, control, playability and just overall look and feel are just amazing. Even the offcenter hits, provided you're not tagging it off the toe or heal, only lose 2-5 yards. I will take the front bunker going straight over the trees to the right or left any day.

As for what I would buy today, I am not a fan of the Titleist AP2s despite everyone's glowing reviews and this was after a lot of balls with them - in all fairness, it could have been the shaft. However a supremely unsung here comes in the form of theBridgestone J36s which are awesome in my opinion after hitting a bucket with them at a demo day a month ago - focusing on the blades and "tour" style cavity back (I kid you not, with the rep watching, I was bouncing a 6-iron into a pretty decent right to left wind into a pin 195yards out - repeatedly! These were not once-in-a-lifetime homerun swings. The distance wasn't the interesting part at all for me, it was the feel, look and playability they were exuding!) Unfortunately, a Miznuo rep was not there for me to test out all the new offerings beside the J36s.

There is absolutely no way I could go out and buy a set of irons without trying all the current offerings of Mizuno. I know for certain I would continually question my decision. Mizunos just do that to you.

As an aside, I also tried the Callaway X-Tours that same day. They are impressively solid, but just lacked the feel of my MP29s and the J36s. Seemed very light to me.

Irons: MP-29c (2-PW)
Wedge: Vokey 56/8 bent to 54
Wedge: Tour 60degree
Putter: Redwood Anser (34in)
3-Wood: PT @ 13.5degreesDriver: Burner TP 9.5 (65g Shaft)

after reading Tom Coyne's "Paper Tiger", hands down, Mizuno. (i use all their gloves for baseball so, i'm already a fan)

For me, it depends on what model you are using. At my range, they have some older and newer Titleist demo irons. The old DCIs felt fantastic while the 690MB, did not. Same with Mizuno. My buddy has the MX series and does not feel as good as my MP32s.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

after reading Tom Coyne's "Paper Tiger", hands down, Mizuno. (i use all their gloves for baseball so, i'm already a fan)

i've heard thats a pretty good book. does he make it thru qualifying??

-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------

cant beat that mizuno feel and workability

in my x72 stand bag
g10 driver 10.5
g10 3-wood 15.5
g10 3 iron hybrid
cg gold with actionlite flighted vokey spin milled oil can 56 t35 60 degree anser 2 putterz urs

Currently I find myself also looking for a new set.
I also ended up comparing Titleist with Mizuno.
I am doubting between the Titleist AP2 and the Mizuno MP57.
I now have played with both irons. While I'm still not sure, I tend to go towards the Mizuno. The Titleist irons are great either but the Mizuno's, they feel slightly better, their distance as well as their direction is slightly more constant and a miss hit isn't directly punished as badly as the Titleist. Though both are very easy to hit.
Though I do have to tell you that the Mizuno's had a slightly lighter shaft (Nippon NS 1150GH R) than the Titleist (Dynamic Gold S300), but that should not make a really really big difference.
In the bag:

Driver: R7 460 10.5*
Hybrid: Heavenwood H3 20*
Irons: AP2 3-PWWedge #1: CG12 52*Wedge #2: CG12 58*Putter: 2-ball

Just got custom fitted for irons this afternoon. Was a difficult decision, however I ended up with the Mizuno MX-25, with Project X 5.5 shafts. Cant wait for them to come in! These irons with the forged heads are so sweet.

Spent some time with the MP-57's but they were just a little too much club for me.
Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5 Red Prolaunch Stiff
3 Wood/5Wood: Taylormade Tour Burner TP Stiff
Hybrid: Taylormade CGB 3i Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 Project X 5.5
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Oil Can 52/56Putter: Odessey 2 BallBall: Srixon Z-URS

Bought a set of MX25 last fall. I hit everthing I could get my hands on. These were the perfect choice fore me. Would have bought 57's if I thought I was man enough to hit them.

Driver: Bull 5000 10.5 FujiKura Vista Tour Stiff
Irons:MX25 5-PW. TT Black Gold
WoodGreat Big Bertha 4
HybridCLK Aldila Hybrid Stiff 20 and 23
Wedges: MPT RP Rifle Spinner Wedge 53 and 60Putter: Todd Sones GullaneBallHX Hot

Note: This thread is 5069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!