IGNORED

Steve Stricker...

RichF
Note: This thread is 3938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

... #5 in the official world golf rankings???
How?????

Is he like one of those 'Euro-journeymen' in the ATP tennis rankings who plays so many tournaments but never wins jack, but gets just enough points to stay in the Top 5?

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I think you dont know his story then. He seems to have lost his driver again recently. Hope he gets it back together pretty quick. He is absolutely the best gent out there.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

I think you dont know his story then. He seems to have lost his driver again recently. Hope he gets it back together pretty quick. He is absolutely the best gent out there.

That's not what I mean.

Folks go on and on about Mickelson, Ogilvy, Scott, Furyk - guys who actually win tournaments and are also hovering around the Top 5, but Stricker....what has he actually done?
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

That's not what I mean.

Did you not see last year's Fedex cup playoffs?. Dude..you need to watch him play when he is playing well. Pretty damn good.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Stricker's had four top-10s and two T11s this year.

Last year, he won the Barclays and finished third at the BMW. He finished second in two other tournaments, once to Tiger (Wachovia) and once to K.J. Choi ("AT&T; National", known to some as the "Tiger Woods Invitational"). He had nine top-10s, plus a good finish at TWC (does that give OWGR points?). That's some pretty darn good golf.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stricker has been sliding but he was a top ten machine for the last two years. If he had 2 or 3 more wins he would have reached #2 in the world. I think he got to #3 a few months back.

My draw is your cut.

My bag-
Driver- Callaway X460 Tour. 9.5 degree, Fujikura stiff.
3-Wood- Taylor Made V-SteelUtility- Nickent 3DX 17 degreeIrons (3-PW) Ping S59'sWedges Cleveland 900 series 58 degree, Titleist Vokey 54 degree SWPutter- Scotty Cameron Circa #2Ball- Taylor Made Tour Red

Other than finishing second in last season's FedEx Cup Playoffs, currently sitting 12th in this year's FedEx Cup Standings, and currently tied for fourth in top-ten finishes this season, he hasn't done much.

Oh by the way, he is a pretty damn good golfer.

Don't take issue with Stricker. It seems as your problem is with the Golf Rankings. For example, K.J. Choi has been arguably the better golfer the last two years. As in, actually winning golf tournaments where both players were in the field, having more wins, winning this year, etc. However, he's ranked behind Stricker. Sometimes, the Golf Rankings are like College Football Rankings, you just shake your head and ask "How is this possible?"

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

he did have a win last year in the playoffs and finished 2nd in one tourney this year combined with a ton of top 10's. Yes, it does reward guys for playing more, but you have to remain near the top. In reality, a guy who finishes 2nd a lot will move up more than a win plus a lot of 10th place finishes. finishing in the top 10 helps a bunch as well. at the end of the year last year, he was the 2nd hottest player in the world, even ahead of Phil.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

• 5 years later...

Does anyone rock a ball cap better?  Really! Seriously!

He looks cool in a cap.  My old friends from Dorchester, and Southie would agree - he's got the style, and how you doff your cap da man.

Ah, I don't know that I have heard the word "cool" uttered about Stricker.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I don't like his lean over follow through that makes it look like he blocked it...

Admit it, you just don't like someone who putts better than Tiger! :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Admit it, you just don't like someone who putts better than Tiger! :-)

Hmmmm, never thought of that... You might be in to something...

Colin P.

Im not sure whats funnier.  The fact that you guys are ripping on such a class act like Stricker or the fact that you brought a thread back that was started 5 years ago.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Im not sure whats funnier.  The fact that you guys are ripping on such a class act like Stricker or the fact that you brought a thread back that was started 5 years ago.

Actually nobody did that. Boston blackie started a new thread about strick and his ball cap and mods merged it into here. :)

Note: This thread is 3938 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!