Note: This thread is 4718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mizuno MX-900s, they are forged cavity backs- hybrid types, I got them just a month ago and they are forgiving and instills a lot of confidence, distance and accuracy wise for me. Best choice for me, no complaints so far.

Am i the only one that plays TaylorMade? Everyone's either Mizuno or Callaway. I havent liked Callaway that much and they didnt come into play (but their new X Prototype forged iron is sick), so i tried out a slew of clubs and settled between the Mizuno MP-57, Titleist 735, and Taylonmade Rac TP MuscleBacks. They all felt similar in feel and playability. The Taylormade's looked sharper then the others. I couldnt pass up a deal i found where i got the clubs for 1/2 the price ($500) because the clubs were used twice. I bought them at a golfsmith where i inspected them beforehand and found 2 scratches on two of the clubs, while the rest of the clubs were in prestine condition. As an added bonus, the person before me upgraded the shafts to X100's and placed new Winn Grips on them. I couldnt pass them up. Brand new they're all similar in price, but i think i got a steal. And I love em too...great clubs...

I switch between the Tommy Armour SS Cavity backs and the Mizuno MP-32's. It's all in the shaft, anyhow. I need a Rifle 6.0's and I think most decent clubheads do the trick.

I have the original X-Tour's which I bought new last year. I had them plugged with the Project X 6.0. They get up and out quick and offer me enough playability to get out of trouble in the trees. I suppose if I become a better ball striker as I gain more experience I may switch to something a little more traditional. For now, these are the perfect blend of playability and forgiveness for my game.

Am i the only one that plays TaylorMade? They all felt similar in feel and playability. The Taylormade's looked sharper then the others. And I love em too...great clubs...

I will agree with you. The Taylormade RAC MBs are an awesome set of clubs. I have the MP32s and while I love them, the RAC felt better. Unfortunately, I had already made an investment in the MP32s. They are great clubs and yes, you got a great deal.

I took a few lessons with my old clubs knowing that I was going to buy new ones, but I wanted any major problems with my swing sorted out before I got fitted for the new irons so that I got a better idea of how the club actually performed. I tried loads of sets; mizuno, taylormade, wilson, cobra, benross, cleveland, and a few others that I can't remember what they were now (also tried some muscle backs as well as cavity backs), but the best feeling club and most consistent were the Cobra FP. Absolutley love them. The shots feel class when I hit them and even when I have mis hits they still feel pretty sound. My dad got a set of mizunos and they dont have a look in against my cobras.

I have a set of Precept Tour Premiums (forged) that I have been using for about 3 years. I like them so much that I have since purchased a second set and put them in the wardrobe for when these ones become totally worn out, I have wear spots on my PW, 9 iron, 8 iron and 7 iron that are progressively becoming worse so the backup set will be in play within the next year.

The reason I am using them is,

1. I like the look of them
2. I like the feel of them
3. They came with DG S400's and they suit me
4. Their standard specs match my standard specs
5. They were cheap, they cost me about $200 plus shipping on ebay

I change all of the time...

I have some TourStage Z101s I like a lot. I also have a set of MacGregor PCB Tours that are great and a set of Srixon i-701s. All look and feel good to me.

I've got a set of Top-Flight Tour Irons with graphite shafts that I've using forever. It's been probably 15 years now. I don't really feel a need to upgrade. It might be nice if the longer irons were more forgiving, I suppose. I don't even carry the 3 iron.

Is the technology in current irons that much better?
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cleveland gold (stiff steel) great feel,good distance,excellent balance. Adequate forgiveness yet not overbearing or clunky at address. Owned/tried a bunch of brands over the years but I just seem to come back to cleveland. They always seemed to be priced right as well. For the record it was a toss up for me when it came to red and gold irons but I felt the extra forgiveness wouldn't hurt and it hasn't.

Note: This thread is 4718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!