IGNORED

Best Grips

Note: This thread is 5644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

all the great golfers play gp tour velvet cord...including myself
honestly though, there is no better grip if you sweat alot or need a firm grip to help control your ball. this will not absorb shock on mishits so i woul not reccomend for any bad ball strikers.

my irons came with winn grips, they are nice at first, but like others have said, they wear quick. also my palms can get a bit moist sometime, especially during summer playing time here in so cal, so i needed something with a bit more grip. playing tour velvets midsize now, and have adjusted to them quite nicely. lamkin crosslines area about the same grip. though i will say, getting the right grip size can do marvels to your game. first round i played with midsize grips, i saved about stroke every other hole

in my bag:

Driver: '08 Cobra F Speed LD 10.5 w/UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight stiff

Fairway: Adams Speedline Fast10 3-wood w/Aldila Wasabi stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx 3H
Irons: Nike CCI forged 4-pw Wedges: Nike Victory Red 52 56 60 Putter: Rife Mr. Beasley Balls: Bridgestone B330-RX Tees: epoch

I'm a Golf Pride DD2 guy right now. But may go back to GP New Decade Multi Compound or Full Cords.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Winn G8 V17 AVS Ai on my driver.
Winn G8 on irons.
Scotty Cameron Black Baby T on the putter.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Golf pride tour velvet is the way to go. They feel more consistent than the new decade, are still very grippy, but are more comfortable than cord.

905R 9.5 degree w/ Graphite Design YS-6+ reg.
906F4 15.5 degree w/ Graphite Design YS-6+ reg.
G10 hybrid 18 degree w/ V2 reg.
MP-30 3-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Vokey Tour Chrome 56* and 60* Yes Callie Forged 34â TP Red Hoofer Vantage Team Bag

I just got a free Lamkin Sting Free grip that I put on my gap wedge. It is a VERY nice grip, but at the cost of $7-11 per grip, they're not going to be my grip of choice. I'm currently using the GP Decades on the rest of my clubs. When I regrip this winter, I'll likely go back to Lamkin half-cords.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

do softer grips stop the "dingy feeling" you get when u sometimes hit the ball?
my hands sometimes get sore because when my clubs hit the ball, it rings my fingures, will a grip stop this? resulting in a more crisp shot?

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

I like the tour velvet's, I recently got my driver reshafted and he put the tour velvet on. It is a really nice grip, I'm thinking about regripping some other clubs with it.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

Lamkin Crossline Cords. More durable than Golf Pride grips and have a great feel.
In my bag:
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5 re*ax
3 Wood:R5 XL
Irons:FP Irons 5-GW
Hybrids:Baffler DWS 3,4 Wedges:588 RTG DSG 56º, 60ºPutter:White Hot XG #9 34"Grips: Lamkin Crossline CordsBall: Pro V1x

I swear by golf pride grips they are soft feel and don't wear out

In my ozone bag:

905r 10.5 Graphite Design YS-6+ R
909 F2 15.5 Aldila VooDoo Fairway S
Benross VeloCT Resuce 21 Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum R MX300s 4-PW KBS Tour S MP-T10 50/8 Chrome 54/11 and 60/7 Studio Select Newport II 35"

It's all about the Golf Pride Wrap Cord, so nice.

Driver: G10 10.5 Stock Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade r580XD
Irons: AP2 3-P, Project X 5.5
Wedges: Tour-W 52*, 56* SM, 60* SM
Putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5 34"Ball: ProV1 or ProV1xLow Score:74

I like the Winn tour grips. They're a little soft and a little tacky, and feel great in my hands. I don't use a glove, and these are perfect without one. I can't use the Tour Pride grips without a glove -- too slippery. Just my two cents.

Standard grips aside, however, my favorite grip is the Iomic grip I have on my 4 wood. It's bright orange, which wasn't my choice, but it feels absolute perfect in my hands. Only problem is that they cost $18-22 each.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

I didn't use a glove until recently, so I had the Golf Pride Multi-compound cord put on my clubs. When you play in Texas in 110 degree weather, you have to have good grips which won't let the club slip out of your sweaty hands. They are extremely easy to hold onto. The problem is that they will wear huge blisters and callouses on your hands. After playing with them for a while a decided to start using a glove. Now, I love them. They won't kill the ring of a poorly hit shot; but they dampen it enough to make it hurt less. They are great grips and pretty slick looking too.

i have the golf pride tour velvet cords on my irons, and the golf pride multi compound grips on my wedges. i love to hit shape shots and work the ball alot so they are the best grips for me. i prefer the multi-compounds a little bit more but they are quite pricey at like $10 to have them installed. find what works for you, anything by golf pride is a very good option, and usually reasonably priced too. i find winn grips to be too soft and tacky to get a real feel for the club.

p.s. i never wear a glove, cord grips chew up the glove a bit if you do, but they also leave some blisters and callices if you aren't used to them regardless if you use a glove or not.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

As you can see, grips are a personal preference. I currently have Winn grips, but I keep hearing over and over again about the Golf Pride Multicompound grips, so I will have to give them a try, even though they seem very rough and hard.

Here are the top 5 sellers on a popular online retailer. It's interesting that 4 out of 5 are Golf Pride.
1. Golf Pride - Tour Velvet .580 Round
2. Golf Pride - New Decade MCC .580 Red Round
3. Winn - Excel RF Oversize + 1/8 Weather Black
4. Golf Pride - .580 Tour Wrap Grips
5. Golf Pride - Multi-Compound Cord Midsize Grip

My Golf Blog

Note: This thread is 5644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!