IGNORED

How Far Do You Drive?

bogeyhitter25
Note: This thread is 4739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I drive about 6km each day; Monday-Friday...maybe more on the weekends....actually this Friday I will be driving around 20km because I have to pick up my Wilson's from GolfTown.

So in an average week, maybe 90km

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

i'm 40, and i average 250y.  i use a r9-460, stiff shaft.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

My best ever GPS measured is 278 yards... in the middle of summer... on a downhill hole... including roll.  I'd say I average (on good contact drives that don't hit a tree, rock, house, person, etc) about 235-245.  If I counted the drives that I've topped, sky-balls, shots that have hit something other than grass first, etc... I'd say I average around 200 yards.

I'm longer than the average guy in the club I belong to (about 40 golfers ranging from 3 to 43 handicaps) by about 15-20 yards.

Now, with my irons... I'm shorter than the average guy in the club I belong to.  Most can hit a 7 iron about 155-165.  I'm hitting a 6 iron for that shot.

I can't really figure that out... but, it doesn't really bother me.  At the end of the day, if I have the lower score... I don't care if you hit 9 iron into a green while I hit 5 iron.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm 54, 5'8", 160lbs. I've finally fixed my slice and drive it straight 99% of the time. Distance is a consistant 240.

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

I average about 200-220 yards, if the ball goes straight. My farthest drive ever was 310, if that counts.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I'm 26 and 5"10. I can only hit 240 when it"s straight. My slices seem like they would go so much further if they were straight.Lol.

Stand back ladies, I'm taking out my driver!

Wedges Irons Driver Wood Putter
Balls Range Finder Gloves and shoes>>>> Could start my own Pro-Shop with this many brand names

If I discount the complete mishits...probably around the 220 yard mark with the driver. I have just gone to a 12* driver from a 10.5* and I would say my average is getting a bit longer, I'm certainly finding the short grass with more consistency. Longest drive I have with a GPS confirmation is 305 yards - downhill and a nice tailwind lol!

There are a few that can AVERAGE 300yd drives.  I will say this: As long as my ball does not hit an edge of the fairway tree or other course obstruction that would limit the ball flight, I do average 300+ on drives.  I know that those things are part of the game and the course and would legitimately affect a tour player's average, but that is just my disclaimer

Now I know most people on the boards do not believe posters making these claims and I do understand that due to the anonymous nature of the internet it is easy for anyone to make these claims.  So I posted the only video I have of my driver swings from the last trip to the range onto You Tube.  Not the best video since I was shooting it with my phone and looking directly into a setting sun, but enough to get an idea.

Driver TM Superquad 9.5 w/ V2 stiff
3 Wood Callaway Fusion 13 deg w/ DVS stiff
Hybrid Titleist 585H 19 deg. w/ VS Proto Hybrid 95 stiff
Irons Titleist 735CM 4-PW - Cleveland wedges 52,56,60 deg.
Putter PING CRAZ-E G2i

Oh you and i were the same, huge swing man... But i can say this, your to much on your toes at address, and you can seriously compact that thing and still get over 300 yards. I have shorten my swing up, and i pound them 300 yards. Looks like your the same height and build I am.

control + Distance, thats what your looking for. But yea, i can see 300 from that, since it resembles alot of what i use to do.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't played since 2008, but when I played in HighSchool I was a pretty long hitter. I didn't use a driver all that often because my accuracy with it was inconsistent and it was hurting my scores. But I could hit it very long sometimes. There's a par 4 at my local course and it's about 310 to the middle of the green, and on a few occasions I was able to drive the green. The slight down-slope 3/4 of the way to the green helped a lot though.

I mostly played 3-iron off the tee though. For a couple years I didnt even carry woods to tournaments. I got really good with a 3-iron and could hit it about 230 average, and sometimes I could blast them to about 250. I was kinda known in my region as the kid who always used the 3-iron and hit it far. I even did really well in a long drive contest at golf camp. 314 yards, but that was off a cliff teebox and with the wind. It was insane watching it though.

Once I start golfing again I plan on working on accuracy more than distance, but I'm still gonna try to be amazing with a 3-iron.

I'm 16 and 6-2 155. My average drives this year are between 240-255. I'm getting fitted for a new driver at a demo day this weekend that will hopefully bring my launch angle down and allow me to get some more roll.

Bag: Callaway Org 14 Extreme Cart Bag
Driver: Taylormade R9 460 10.5
Woods: Nike SQ 3 Wood
Hybrids: Walter Hagen AWS 3 Hybrid
Irons: Callaway Diablo Edge 4-AWWedges:Wedges: Cleveland CG12 56 and 60Putter: Nike Method 001:Ball: Bridgestone Tour B33-RX and Nike One Vapor

I'm 20 and average about 285, but can put it out past 300 if I sacrifice a little accuracy.

titleist.gif 910 D2 9.5* Aldila RIP 70titleist.gif906F2 15* Fujikura Speeder
titleist.gif ZM 3-P DG S300titleist.gifAP2 2iron Project X 6.0
titleist.gif 200:52.08 DG S300  SM 56.11 Project X 6.0  SM 60.07 DG S300 
                  cameron.gif California Series  Del Mar

I feel like I've already replied to this thread several times.  My average carry on the LM is between 265-285 with a ball speed in the upper 150s-low 160s.  Clubhead speed is 106-115 with my 96 gram gamer, 108-118 with lighter shafts and heads.  Swing mechanics are somewhere between decent and impeccable .  I use X-stiff for control.  Age is 34, male, 6'3", 220lbs, try to stay in shape.  Longest drive:  390 including wind and cart path . Did I miss anything?  I'll probably update it next year anyways if so...  Might as well put my swing on here too since I'm putting myself out there by telling the truth...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I'm old school. I drive the ball farther with my G10 than I do with my old MacGregor VIP (persimmon) but not by enough yards to make the VIP comletely obsolete. With a persimmon driver, you feel connected to the ball somehow. I know if it's coming down on the left or right side of the fairway just by how it feels, which is a good thing with my eyesight. With the G10, the ball seems to go into hyperspace on contact - BLAM - where'd that go? Dunno, but let's head down the fairway just in case it went straightish.

Q. How far do I drive it?

A.  Far enough.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I'm old school. I drive the ball farther with my G10 than I do with my old MacGregor VIP (persimmon) but not by enough yards to make the VIP comletely obsolete. With a persimmon driver, you feel connected to the ball somehow. I know if it's coming down on the left or right side of the fairway just by how it feels, which is a good thing with my eyesight. With the G10, the ball seems to go into hyperspace on contact - BLAM - where'd that go? Dunno, but let's head down the fairway just in case it went straightish.

Q. How far do I drive it?

A.  Far enough.

I luckily caught the tail end of that generation.  I got laughed at in high school for being the only one with a wooden hand-me down driver and traditional blades instead of a big bertha and cavity backs.  Man, I feel lucky now to have been a small part of it.  The best I can do nowadays is pinch a low one-hop-stop sand wedge when I find a Titleist Tour Balata at the range and just imagine what it could have been like...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

To cover all post translations:

A.)  11 miles to primary course, 8 miles to secondary

B.)  Average drive: 319 yards.  Longest drive:  428 yards  ( PS3 game )

C.) Average drive:  235 yards (~20 rounds using SG5).  Longest drive:  282 yards (SG5)   ( Actual Golf )

Note: This thread is 4739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!