IGNORED

How Far Do You Drive?

Note: This thread is 3641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I drive about 6km each day; Monday-Friday...maybe more on the weekends....actually this Friday I will be driving around 20km because I have to pick up my Wilson's from GolfTown.

So in an average week, maybe 90km

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm 24 and drive 280; I use a Titleist 975 JVS with a steel shaft.  I like the old school stuff...it is fun! When I was 16, I was in the junior long drive competitions and hit 300 usually (with

My best ever GPS measured is 278 yards... in the middle of summer... on a downhill hole... including roll.  I'd say I average (on good contact drives that don't hit a tree, rock, house, person, etc) about 235-245.  If I counted the drives that I've topped, sky-balls, shots that have hit something other than grass first, etc... I'd say I average around 200 yards.

I'm longer than the average guy in the club I belong to (about 40 golfers ranging from 3 to 43 handicaps) by about 15-20 yards.

Now, with my irons... I'm shorter than the average guy in the club I belong to.  Most can hit a 7 iron about 155-165.  I'm hitting a 6 iron for that shot.

I can't really figure that out... but, it doesn't really bother me.  At the end of the day, if I have the lower score... I don't care if you hit 9 iron into a green while I hit 5 iron.

CY

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I discount the complete mishits...probably around the 220 yard mark with the driver. I have just gone to a 12* driver from a 10.5* and I would say my average is getting a bit longer, I'm certainly finding the short grass with more consistency. Longest drive I have with a GPS confirmation is 305 yards - downhill and a nice tailwind lol!

There are a few that can AVERAGE 300yd drives.  I will say this: As long as my ball does not hit an edge of the fairway tree or other course obstruction that would limit the ball flight, I do average 300+ on drives.  I know that those things are part of the game and the course and would legitimately affect a tour player's average, but that is just my disclaimer

Now I know most people on the boards do not believe posters making these claims and I do understand that due to the anonymous nature of the internet it is easy for anyone to make these claims.  So I posted the only video I have of my driver swings from the last trip to the range onto You Tube.  Not the best video since I was shooting it with my phone and looking directly into a setting sun, but enough to get an idea.

Oh you and i were the same, huge swing man... But i can say this, your to much on your toes at address, and you can seriously compact that thing and still get over 300 yards. I have shorten my swing up, and i pound them 300 yards. Looks like your the same height and build I am.

control + Distance, thats what your looking for. But yea, i can see 300 from that, since it resembles alot of what i use to do.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't played since 2008, but when I played in HighSchool I was a pretty long hitter. I didn't use a driver all that often because my accuracy with it was inconsistent and it was hurting my scores. But I could hit it very long sometimes. There's a par 4 at my local course and it's about 310 to the middle of the green, and on a few occasions I was able to drive the green. The slight down-slope 3/4 of the way to the green helped a lot though.

I mostly played 3-iron off the tee though. For a couple years I didnt even carry woods to tournaments. I got really good with a 3-iron and could hit it about 230 average, and sometimes I could blast them to about 250. I was kinda known in my region as the kid who always used the 3-iron and hit it far. I even did really well in a long drive contest at golf camp. 314 yards, but that was off a cliff teebox and with the wind. It was insane watching it though.

Once I start golfing again I plan on working on accuracy more than distance, but I'm still gonna try to be amazing with a 3-iron.

I'm 16 and 6-2 155. My average drives this year are between 240-255. I'm getting fitted for a new driver at a demo day this weekend that will hopefully bring my launch angle down and allow me to get some more roll.

I feel like I've already replied to this thread several times.  My average carry on the LM is between 265-285 with a ball speed in the upper 150s-low 160s.  Clubhead speed is 106-115 with my 96 gram gamer, 108-118 with lighter shafts and heads.  Swing mechanics are somewhere between decent and impeccable .  I use X-stiff for control.  Age is 34, male, 6'3", 220lbs, try to stay in shape.  Longest drive:  390 including wind and cart path . Did I miss anything?  I'll probably update it next year anyways if so...  Might as well put my swing on here too since I'm putting myself out there by telling the truth...

I'm old school. I drive the ball farther with my G10 than I do with my old MacGregor VIP (persimmon) but not by enough yards to make the VIP comletely obsolete. With a persimmon driver, you feel connected to the ball somehow. I know if it's coming down on the left or right side of the fairway just by how it feels, which is a good thing with my eyesight. With the G10, the ball seems to go into hyperspace on contact - BLAM - where'd that go? Dunno, but let's head down the fairway just in case it went straightish.

Q. How far do I drive it?

A.  Far enough.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I'm old school. I drive the ball farther with my G10 than I do with my old MacGregor VIP (persimmon) but not by enough yards to make the VIP comletely obsolete. With a persimmon driver, you feel connected to the ball somehow. I know if it's coming down on the left or right side of the fairway just by how it feels, which is a good thing with my eyesight. With the G10, the ball seems to go into hyperspace on contact - BLAM - where'd that go? Dunno, but let's head down the fairway just in case it went straightish.

Q. How far do I drive it?

A.  Far enough.

I luckily caught the tail end of that generation.  I got laughed at in high school for being the only one with a wooden hand-me down driver and traditional blades instead of a big bertha and cavity backs.  Man, I feel lucky now to have been a small part of it.  The best I can do nowadays is pinch a low one-hop-stop sand wedge when I find a Titleist Tour Balata at the range and just imagine what it could have been like...

To cover all post translations:

A.)  11 miles to primary course, 8 miles to secondary

B.)  Average drive: 319 yards.  Longest drive:  428 yards  ( PS3 game )

C.) Average drive:  235 yards (~20 rounds using SG5).  Longest drive:  282 yards (SG5)   ( Actual Golf )

Note: This thread is 3641 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!