IGNORED

Ian Poulter - Ass

iacas
Note: This thread is 2024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

@sheepdog, almost none of that accurately describes this site or your posts in this topic. Plenty here dislike Tiger (and Ian) and have good reasons for doing so.

Nobody attacked your wife. I don’t even know where you got that.

Please simply get back to the topic. If you have nothing on topic to add, don’t.

21 hours ago, Shorty said:

Why would a thread about Poulter being an "ass" involve hearsay about Tiger's tipping.

It’s off topic @sheepdog. It’s that simple.

You wanna talk about Tiger’s rumored poor tipping? Find the appropriate topic or start one.

This topic is about Ian Poulter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

My original post was about Poulter being a good tipper unlike this forum's Messiah. Poulter's a good tipper so waitresses throughout the world might think Ian's not the ass you all are hinting he is. The rest was my response to someone saying my wife has an entitlement complex. I'm defending my wife and those that have a problem with that can......................................

Your memory is slipping as it was in your original post that you went off-topic to throw in a completely gratuitous slam on Tiger.  Before anyone talked about entitlement or anything else.

It is almost as if the whole point of the story about your wife, Poulter, and some guy named Rory was just a pretext to get your slam in on Tiger.  

22 hours ago, sheepdog said:

My wife used to be a waitress at a very well known BBQ place right around the corner from the TPC @ Southwind. I remember her telling me some guy named Poulter was a good tipper. She waited on some young guy named Rory something and he gave her $100..

Doesn't Tiger have a reputation as being a lousy tipper?

There is where you said it.  Click on the Read more.

3 hours ago, sheepdog said:

My apologies please, I forgot that saying something critical about Tiger Woods, though true, is not acceptable around here.

I promise to say 25 Hail Tigers and wear one of my Nike shirts tomorrow for punishment. May God forgive me.

And there is where you jumped at the chance to play the victim card.

Edited by turtleback

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator

Rich, let's move on, eh? Everyone else, too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Speaking of Ian, being an ass and all and the topic of this thread... has anyone read "No Limits?" I guess his biography or god forbid autobiography?

It shows up on my screen in the Amazon window to the right.  UK version $981 and US version via Amazon Prime only $12.

LOL, suck for you Brits!! If you really want to read it, I can save you some coin and order one here and ship to you.  Just let me know.

6 hours ago, ScouseJohnny said:

You can buy it from Waterstones (the UK's answer to Barnes & Noble) for ten quid: https://www.waterstones.com/books/search/term/ian+poulter

Or, I suspect, you can find copies in remainder bins in discount book shops for under a fiver.

Or lightly used copies in Oxfam for 50p.

3.99 on half.com in the USA.

Trollin' is the life

8 minutes ago, 3jacker said:

Is it any good?

C'mon, I know some you guys must've read it...

I've leafed through it. Poults isn't a man of letters, because it is clearly written by a ghostwriter. I know that sounds arrogant - and Poulter is a far better golfer than I am a writer.

Like most ghostwritten sports "autobiographies" it just struck me as dull. And full of the usual cliches. Things tend to happen "at the worst possible time." There's also a bit of score-settling. Nick Faldo probably struck Ian off his Christmas card list if ever got around to reading it.

A lot of sportsmen's lives just aren't that interesting. What's there to say? He worked his way through the ranks, got on tour, had moderate success, bought Ferraris and a big house in Florida, became noted for Ryder Cup battles. But he's still Jack-the-Lad Ian who loves watching Arsenal play and enjoys a few Stellas.

It reminded me of why I tend to enjoy books about golf, rather than first-hand accounts of what it's like to be a golfer.

Lol, I know what you mean.

Most pros are not that exciting.  Tiger took it to an HNL there for a little bit, but the bulk of them are pretty basic personalities.  The Americans like fishing, golf, and blond southern sorority girls.  They're conservative but they  don't really know why, it what their agents told them they were.  The Euros seem to be very much like you describe  Poults above.  Basically the same thing, different environment.

Having leafed thru it, would you say it is more - or less - sophisticated and insightful than Phil's masterpiece, "One Magical Sunday?"

From what I recall, no stock tips.

I do remember it being very simply written.  Like an 8-year old wrote it.

The takeaway was that it made him really happy, and all was great and wonderful. Which I'm sure it was.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

They should be asses to anyone over the age of 18 that wants an au-to-gra-ph. (unless it is for a kid)  THey have one job, and that is to play golf. 

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, as usual. The last time the bold word was used was in 2008, by one person, and then today, by you. That's it.

(I hyphenated it so it doesn't show up in searches in the future.)

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2008 at 2:53 PM, iacas said:

So today I'm at The Memorial. I decide in the afternoon to walk out backwards along the front nine. I spend a little time at the seventh, a par five that's giving guys some trouble.

Ian Poulter, resplendent in pink, hits drive into a bad spot, punches out, and then comes up in the front bunker with his third. I take a few shots (pictures) of him exploding from the bunker. I take a few (3-5) shots of him crouching while reading his putt or standing around.

I stop taking pictures while he was on the other side of the hole, crouching over to read his putt. I keep him in the frame (I had my 300mm lens on my 5D from about 25 yards away - I had him from the hips up, basically). I keep him in frame as he putts.

The entire time I'm doing this, a photo guy from the Columbus Dispatch is 10 feet to my left.

Ian putts, and the ball gets halfway to the hole. The guy to my left rattles off three frames. Ian Poulter flips the ball off - the guy to my left gets 5-6 frames. I was honestly too shocked to press the shutter. I saw it all through my viewfinder, but that's as close as I got to taking a picture. I should have, but honestly, I choked - I gagged. :-)

Anyway, Ian's pissed and now +3 after six holes. He looks at me and asks "Get enough pictures?" I say "wasn't me." He keeps looking at me (see footnote below) and asks again "Did you get enough pictures?" The guy to my left ducks under the rope and leaves. I say again "it wasn't me" and gesture to the guy that just left (I waited for him to leave before gesturing - I wasn't trying to rat him out, but I didn't want to get blamed for it either).

Ian walks to the back of the green, and keeps staring at me. I shrug my shoulders, and that sets him into a 10-second long rang in which he calls me "f#cking @sshole" about six separate times, mixed in with other things.

Now, a few points:

1. Poulter will be fined, likely not only for flipping off the ball but also for the swearing.
  2. Poulter loves the camera. You don't dress like he does if you don't love the camera.
  3. Poulter, like most PGA Tour players, blame everything but themselves when they make a bad shot or swing.
  4. "The Guy" to my left did nothing wrong. He took no images and made no noise when a player was swinging. His series of shots post-putt were all more than a second or two after Poulter struck the putt.
  5. I'm not going to try to get a copy of the picture. I don't think it serves anyone well to publish photos of pros flipping off the ball or anything.

In the PJ (photojournalism) room later, I heard that Ian flipped off the ball last year and that he's a royal prick to photographers. Feel free to read the Ian Poulter section from last year's practice round. for another example.

Footnote: I talked to the guy later and he thought Poulter was talking to him when he asked if he got enough pictures. I told him what happened after he left - Ian looking at me and swearing - and he says "maybe he thought it WAS you." We both admitted it was tough to tell who Ian was looking at what with his reflective mirror shades (sunglasses) on.

He flipped off a guy in the crowd at #16 Chambers Bay when the fan yelled out "nice shot Poulter" after he had hit it into the sand trap off the tee.  He tried to do so discretely, under his visor as if in the act of adjusting it, but it fooled absolutely no one in the grandstands.  That simply brought out more jeers.  Poulter loves his well earned persona and his European fans love that even more - especially during the Ryder and President Cups where he does seem to find a 6th gear and play tough.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

• Administrator
1 hour ago, fishgolf said:

He flipped off a guy in the crowd at #16 Chambers Bay when the fan yelled out "nice shot Poulter" after he had hit it into the sand trap off the tee.  He tried to do so discretely, under his visor as if in the act of adjusting it, but it fooled absolutely no one in the grandstands.  That simply brought out more jeers.  Poulter loves his well earned persona and his European fans love that even more - especially during the Ryder and President Cups where he does seem to find a 6th gear and play tough.

Not so much during the Presidents Cups, though… ;-)

10 hours ago, iacas said:

His record in the Presidents Cup is perfect. 0-0

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 hours ago, fishgolf said:

I'm sure that fan preferred getting the bird rather than getting kicked out a la Justin Thomas though

13 hours ago, iacas said:

Interesting, he seems so prominent in the cups over the years I just presumed he had played the Presidents Cup as well.  Happen to know why he hasn't?  Personal choice? Not selected? Injuries?

17 minutes ago, godswing said:

I'm sure that fan preferred getting the bird rather than getting kicked out a la Justin Thomas though

Why would a fan get kicked out for saying "nice shot"? ;-)

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Note: This thread is 2024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!