IGNORED

Ian Poulter - Ass

iacas
Note: This thread is 2017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
More middle finger salutes from our boy Ian:

Yeah, he withdrew with only a few holes to go I think. "Wrist injury" they said on ESPN originally.

He seems to make flipping off things on the golf course a regular occurrence. Interesting.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
That right there could be the cause of his wrist problems.

Heh, carpal tunnel or repetitive stress injury.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What is this guys deal? This flipping things off is just odd. If you're going to act like an idiot at least do it right (i.e. Tiger). Obviously it's not acceptable behavior to swear or toss, slam or throw clubs but at least I get that. This is just weird. Of course this is Ian Poulter we're talking about...

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I ws standing across the fairway when Ian hurt his wrist. That was nasty stuff. He was having a bad day, but from what I saw all week he is a pretty funny guy. Great sense of humor in the practice rounds.
In my bag
Driver: Burner 460 9.5°
Fairway: V-Steel 15°
Utility: Rescue Dual 16°, 22°
Irons: 755 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM 56°, SM 64°Putter: Newport 2 Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1

Does the PGA let him get away with flipping off anything that he can blame for his lousy play? I am not sure if I were head of a company, that I would want him using my equipment.

• Administrator
Poults withdrew from the US Open- im not sure of the reasons for this.

Scroll up. We already discussed it.

Does the PGA let him get away with flipping off anything that he can blame for his lousy play? I am not sure if I were head of a company, that I would want him using my equipment.

The "PGA" doesn't really care much except perhaps during the PGA Championship or the Ryder Cup.

The PGA Tour fined him for his behavior during The Memorial. He does not get away with it. The PGA Tour also doesn't care much how he behaves in the U.S. Open, from what I know. It's sanctioned as a qualifying PGA Tour event (for the 15 minimum), but the PGA Tour doesn't in any way "run" the event.

Let's try to look on the bright side: AT LEAST HE'S CONSISTENT*.

Seriously, walking off like that after a truly miserable bit of goff is just pathetic. He ought to be shunned by his fellow-competitors. Scratch that, I mean by those who chose to actually compete for 18 holes.

What a jerk. The good thing is, it's going to come back and haunt him. The Brits don't like one of their own to embarrass themselves in a major venue like this, good grief no! And if you think we're being harsh on the guy on this thread, you aint seen nothing when it comes to Anglo humor ..... nosireebob.

*consistently assinine

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I remember in the "Playing with the pros" episode on Golf Channel, he was asked about his temper and how he loses control. He openly said he knows he needs to do something about it but doesn't yet know how to control his emotions. He then referred to Tiger as the only person he knows of who can come back on their next shot after a truly crappy play and use those emotions to fuel his game.

I don't know. For me, I look at it from both sides. I do not agree with the way he demonstrates his frustration nor do I condone his actions, both verbally or physically. But, then I cannot imagine how much stress and pressure these guys are under and not everyone is capable of maintaining composure all the time. It's similar to football and throwing your helmet or kicking a basketball or throwing the Gatorade cooler in the dugout.

I think it's much worse for a hacker who goes out and shoots 90+ to be verbally demonstrative and insulting on a weekday round with buddys than a professional doing it. The other day my group was teeing off on a hole in which the 18th tee was adjacent. All of a sudden I hear this guy dropping F-bombs and slamming his club into the ground. Of course, I had to keep watching and the next guy in their group shanked his tee shot and had a similar reaction. Horrible.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I thought it was Luke Donald that withdrew?
In My TerraFirma Xi Bag:
Driver: R7 460 10.5° Fujikura REAX stock R-flex
3-Wood: Big Bertha Titanium RCH 75w Firm stock shaft
Hybrids: 585H 19.5° 4175 stock shaft
Irons (4-10): Big Bertha TT shaftsWedges: CG12 Black Pearl 52°10, 56°14, 60°10Putter: Studio Select Newport 33"Ball: ...

Both Poulter and Donald withdrew, both with wrist injuries.
But I expect Donald's injury will be accepted while the vilification of Poulter will continue, judging by the comments thus far.

• Administrator
Both Poulter and Donald withdrew, both with wrist injuries.

1) Donald didn't flip off grass repeatedly after hitting a horribly bad drive

2) Donald called a medic over immediately after injuring himself 3) Donald didn't play several holes, then WD when making the cut was out of the question 4) Donald gave a specific reason for his WD rather than vague reasons Yeah, the vilification of Poulter will continue, and in my mind, rightly so. I've never, not once, heard of Luke Donald being a jackass like Poulter has been repeatedly.

I feel sorry for Poulter, he wears his heart on his sleeve and does not give your standard PR responses, regardless of what anyone says he speaks his mind which is something that should be respected even if what he says doesn't carry good timing.

Poulters biggest weakness is the mental side to his game, he is a very good player, strikes the ball well, putts and chips well etc etc, if he could sort out the mental side of his golf he could be a top 15 golfer (Although you could say exactly the same thing about a lot of golfers outside the top 15)

Fair enough Poulter has had a lot of gaffs, but hasn't every one at some point in time.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 2017 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!