IGNORED

Longest Drive Ever Seen

iacas
Note: This thread is 5369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's the longest drive you've ever seen hit by an amateur?

• 250-290 yards
    • 290-310 yards
    • 310-330 yards
    • 330-350 yards
    • 350+ yards
    • Heck if I know?!

For me, as an 18 year old from the UK, im considered by a lot of people as a massive hitter. Also it is said that the ball doesnt travel as far in the UK than in america as its much colder weather conditions. When i was 17, i was playing in a charity tournament, and i pulled out my driver for the first time of the day on the 16th at Leigh Golf Club, Warrington, par 4, 460 yards and i smashed one 325 down the centre with no help from the wind and ended up with a 3/4 wedge from 135 to within 6 ft..... still 2 putted though everyone comes up to me at the driving range saying, u really do scare me with your drives, they are crazy! in the summer, i can hit a 6 iron 220 and also nearly holed out from 170 yards with a 9 iron straight over top of flag and drew back slightly

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910d3 9.5* Stiff Projext X-7A3 Rescue: Taylor Made Burner TP 20* X-stiff 3 Iron: Titleist AP2 Projext X Rifle Irons: Titleist 710mb NS PRO 105T Stiff Wedges Cleveland CG12 60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.07 Cleveland CG14 52* Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio 2.5 (2008) Ball: Titleist Pro-V1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longest drive I have seen was at a Driving range. It was behind a shopping center facing to the back of it. The range was at least 300 yards maybe more. I was starting out playing with a mixed bag of clubs and knew very little about clubs. This guy shows up with an orange Powerbilt staff bag so I assume he was playing the clubs also. He hit short irons 200 yards, then he pulls driver and all you can hear is the sound of a steel head driver smashing balls not on the range but into the parking lot and some against the back of the building across the range. Its so amazing because it was consistent one after the other. It was also so distracting that most everyone just stood in their little cube watching and trying to learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky for those of us in the midwest and surrounding areas, it was pretty warm this past weekend. I was able to play 9 on Friday and 18 on Sunday and 9 on Monday. The greenskeepers set up temporary greens in the fairways of the holes so we wouldn't pock-mark the greens since they're so soft right now. Well on Monday when I was playing with a friend, the wind was blowing at a pretty solid 20+ Mph with gusts that nearly knocked me over, I'm guessing 40+. It was a blast, hitting knock-down 2-irons off the tee and punched 6-irons to a normal 9-iron yardage. It was great to play some shots I normally never get the opportunity to.

The biggest advantage of this was that #5 (a 557 yard par-5 made unreachable with a tight, blind dogleg only about 110 yards from the green ) was playing straight downwind. The tee is elevated about 25 feet above the fairway, which is uphill all the way to the dogleg. I knew all I had to do was make solid contact and the ball would just scream down the fairway, it wouldn't matter if the ball wanted to go left or right, the wind wouldn't let it. So I teed it up and made nice contact with it, nice high flyer that seemed to soar and soar. Looked like it was headed right down the middle. When I got to the ball it was in the first cut of rough, but it was ridiculously long. Easily 150+ yards longer than I've ever been before on that hole. I just guessed it was about 450 yards from the tee, but since I'm out of school due to sickness, I've had a lot of time on my hands so I decided to check it out with Google Maps. Using the 200 foot key as reference the drive measures to over 465 yards.

Here's a picture of the hole with Monday's drive and my normal drive position.(The picture says Sunday's Drive, but I'm too lazy to change it)

This is really no testament to my brute strength of my long-drive prowess, but damn it was fun! !

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

Hey Jeff... wow. That must have been fun. Now we know how Appleby knocks em 450 in Hawaii: wind is definitely a factor.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Hey Jeff... wow. That must have been fun. Now we know how Appleby knocks em 450 in Hawaii: wind is definitely a factor.

No! It's all the ball's fault!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 year later...
I have witnessed 3 massive drives in my 29 years of life.

1. This was a 475 yard blast hit by a giant of a man named Bill Brasky. Bill Brasky would have hit it further if only he didn't have a glass of scotch in his other hand.

2. This was a 300 yard blast by Chuck Norris. I know what you are thinking, "300 yards? Big deal, any hacker can do that". That is where you would be wrong my friend. Chuck Norris was tired of playing behind a pair of a slow golfers, so he walked up as they were about to drive, ripped one of the guys arm's off and proceeded to knock the golf ball 300 yards with another mans arms still holding the driver.

3. This drive was picked up by NORAD and almost led to WWIII. A tiny man named Bruce Lee nunchucked a Titleist DT Wound over the curve of the earth.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

A friend of mine is a known long-bomber, he takes a pretty big swing, sometimes gets wild. But when he is on he can flat out rip it. Playing against him actually in my league about a month or so ago. Short par 4, about 350 yards but very tight. I usually hit 3 wood or even an iron because there is just no room to miss. He hits driver on every hole, not matter what...he let one fly that landed in the bunker just before the hole, around 335 yards I'd say, almost all carry because it died as soon as it hit the sand.

Longest drive I've ever seen was either by one of my friends, par 4 338 yards (1st hole) and he hits it within 20 yards, so about a 300 yard drive (this is like my first year really playing so I don't have the stories most of you do). Or when I was at a differnt course with my dad we saw the assitant pro tee off (9th alternatite for the U.S Open a few years back hes only like 25), neways hes not a big guy so when he cleared this brooke thats 300 yards on the fly my jaw dropped. I'm guessing he hit it about 330 right down the middle. It was one of those drives where after about 200 yards it looked like it was still rising.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

Funny story;Playing out East on Long Island and they were aerating the fairways one day while my pal and i were playing.Well they have this pryramid looking thing that scoops up the plugs from the fairway and grinds it into fine soil automatically then puts it on conveyor and fills small work truck riding next to machine.Well i hit a 250 yd dead straight drive a mile high as usual but it lands smack in middle of the dirt truck and away he goes.3 hole later he is now spreading the fine soil on that fairway and viola my cally 56 with "flap" on it is on the fairway dead middle bout 1650 yards from where i launched it.Longest drive I ever seen.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I cranked out a 340 yard drive about two weeks ago on the second hole of Pioneer. It was a dog-leg right and I'd cut the corner over the trees with a draw (meaning I started way out to the right) and it bounced on down to the front of the green on a 400 yard hole. Still bogied the hole from 20 yards (TC'd my chip then two-putted.)

During my club championship, a guy in my foursome hit the ball wide right on the third hole, out of bounds and we could hear and see the ball bouncing on down the road. It came to rest in a baseball field about 600 yard away.

No one I play with wants to hit after me when I just get done hitting driver. I'm not Bubba Watson by any stretch of the imagination, but compare it to the hackers who hit 200 yard fades...

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

The longest I've ever seen was by my brother on the 7th at Nairn Golf Club in Scotland. It was hot and dry and the hole was playing downwind that day. Since I don't recall the exact distance I won't give him a full 400 yds., but it was darn close.

My own longest was a 330+ yds. plus drive on the 18th at Catamount Ranch and Club. It's a moderately downhill par 5. This was also at about 7,000 ft. elevation.

longest shot i ever hit was alittle over a half mile! there is a street near my house that is bone straight that about 2 cars drive on a year. i teed one up in a crack in the street and let it fly. it was my fourth attempt at this but i got one to stay on the street and i got in my car and reset the trip and it was at .5 before i got to the ball. i just finished watching Tincup which is where i got the idea. i might try it again cause i hitting the ball alot better this year.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

I was playing my regular Saturday comp about 8 years ago and one of my playing partners was the current club champion playing off +1.

After having a double-bogey on the par 3 12th he was not in a good mood and absolutely unleashed on his drive on the 13th a 490m par 5 (535 yards). The ball just seemed to stay in the air and then when it hit the ground kept bouncing and bouncing. He finished next to a 120m marker so his drive went 370m (405 yards).

To add to the story he then hit a wedge to 5 feet, missed the eagle putt and was so upset he snapped his putter, threw his ball into the lake and walked off the course!! Personally I would be very happy with a tap in birdie putt any time of the day!!

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

The longest drive I ever saw in person was 1 time playing with the Pro/Owner of my home course.

It's a Par4 364yds from the whites and he bombed a drive straight down the middle and ended up being on the 1st cut in the front of the green. Completely straight hole not uphill nor down hill either

Funny story;Playing out East on Long Island and they were aerating the fairways one day while my pal and i were playing.Well they have this pryramid looking thing that scoops up the plugs from the fairway and grinds it into fine soil automatically then puts it on conveyor and fills small work truck riding next to machine.Well i hit a 250 yd dead straight drive a mile high as usual but it lands smack in middle of the dirt truck and away he goes.3 hole later he is now spreading the fine soil on that fairway and viola my cally 56 with "flap" on it is on the fairway dead middle bout 1650 yards from where i launched it.Longest drive I ever seen.

LOL, yup thats gotta be the farthest!

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

Longest ive seen is 315, by me. longest ive heard was a guy hitting 600+... down an airplane runway.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

A few weeks ago I was teeing off on a 320 yard par 4 and hit a huge drive. Straight towards the fairway, but none of us saw it land. I had to drive back and pick up a headcover that fell off at the end of the last hole and when I got back, I saw everyone already chipping by the green. I got up there and asked if they saw my ball and why they hit so fast, and they pointed to my little Top Flite D2 sitting right off the fringe on the fairway, 20-25 yards from the pin!

I still only got par on the hole. Stupid 2 putt.

Tiger Woods #3 at TPC Las Colinas in Dallas, Texas during the 2000 Byron Nelson. First time I had ever seen him hit driver with my own eyes. I've never seen so much club head speed go through a ball. It literally flew out of my eye sight. Absolutely amazing.

Farthest non-tour player... well probably myself. Yeah, yeah call me shallow, but I dont usually pay to much attention to other peoples drives. I've hit a few around 300, not many, but it happens from time-to-time
What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

Note: This thread is 5369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!