IGNORED

Longest Drive Ever Seen

iacas
Note: This thread is 5369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's the longest drive you've ever seen hit by an amateur?

• 250-290 yards
    • 290-310 yards
    • 310-330 yards
    • 330-350 yards
    • 350+ yards
    • Heck if I know?!

I was on #15 at Pendleton Golf course . Playing the blue tees I hit a freaking bomb down the right fairway. As you can see, there's actually 2 fairways on this hole with rough down the middle. Anyway, the ball was just right of this giant tree that splits the fairway. It hit in the fairway (which was hardpan) and bounced left a little as the fairway's sloped that way. I get up to my ball and I'm 149 out. 513-149. 364 yards! But I couldn't believe I just hit Driver-PW into a par 5.

Missed my 12 ft eagle putt but got the birdie.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing up in KS, the local CC didn't have watered fairways. #6 was 340 dead straight with a slight downhill grade. I drove past that green twice, once by 15yds.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

My brother was hitting balls on a driving range, this driving range was different it had another range on the other end (which is about 370 yards away) and he was rolling the ball up to this guys feet

In my Hoofer Extreme

DriverBurner Stock Shaft 9.5

1 Iron Hybrid Idea Pro3 Iron HybridIdea ProIronsX-Forged 4-PWWedgesSpin Milled Vokey PutterStudio Select Newport 2BallPro V1

July 6, 2006 municipal course in Barbados, 12th hole par 5.

Tee shot 350+ yards with a 30 MPH wind at my back, 8 iron to the green, sank the 35 foot putt for eagle.

Sounds like a fish story but I do have witnesses.

Little over 310 by yours truly. I was playing 15 at my home course. It is a tough driving hole with about a 230-240 yard bunker carry. The wind was at my back pretty good, So I decided to give it a go, as getting over the bunker gets you an extra 20 or so yards. Hit a nice high draw, landed 20 yards past the bunker, and hit a sprinkler head that was positioned on a small downslope. The landing area is blind, but the ball bounced about 20 yards into the air, enough for me to see it again. With my usual 265 yard drive, I am about 170 out for my second. I was 123 out that day.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

Not counting PGA Tour (or even Champions Tour) events, the longest drive I've ever seen was actually one I hit. And I hit it 10 years ago with a Titleist Pro Trajectory driver. 340 yards on the #6 hole at Lake View. In the fairway, yes, center-cut.

are you serious

Smashed one on a scramble about 5 months ago 380 on a par 5, dead center of my Alpha 6* with my Graphite Design Purple Ice 48 inch x flex (tipped 1 1/2") ball killer. Ball flew off the face, slight draw, low spin, and did get a a good bounce on a hard fairway, my group was 140 out on the 520 yard hole, ended up with a birdie though. Have drove a 330yd par 4 numerous times at my home course and been 2 yards off the green on a 360yd par 4 at my home course.

Entered a Remax qualifier last summer in Orlando and only hit it 301, just finished raining on the "grid" and everyone was hitting into a 20 mph headwind. Ended up with the 5th longest drive. 4th was 304, and 3rd was 305. 2 guys stood out, the guy who won hit 326, probably 6'5" and looked like a former college player with a very sound and fast swing , the guy who got 2nd was Matt Henson, who is an up and coming star of long drive according to some posts on the LDA website (Matt looks like a NFL tight end, and he had some scary clubhead speed, didn't seem to quite connect on a good one though).

Needless to say that one event convinced me I had little hope in long drive, so I will save my money on buying any more LD clubs, of course I like to hit the Alpha in scrambles, but for playing it's the Hibore Tour 8.5*

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

ive hot a couple bombs. I wasn't a long hitter until I started posting on the web - then things just got crazy. I noticed the correlation of high internet use and longer distances, so I tried it out.

After spending 82 hours on an online forum, I hit the links.

Uphill par 5, about 580 yards, wind in my face and a slight drizzle.

I hit my custom 1993 Wilson Killer Whale (with a piece of the satellite they just hit with the missile as the shaft - extra extra stiff). The ball flew about 500, right down the middle. Hit a lob wedge on the green and then had a four putt, but the drive was a really great feeling.

Unfortunately I haven't been on the web as often so I'm only hitting about 340 now, pretty average I guess.

I seen a guy(scratch golfer) pure a shot 340-350 to an uphill farway... Very hot, dry day with no wind... It was all carry to that distance almost no roll... never seen another shot even close in distance on that hole. I bet if the ground was flat(no uphill slope) it would have been close to a 400 yrd drive with a little roll.

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Windy day last month, but WTF it was a good stretch holes

#9 395 had 66 yards to middle of green
#10 419 had 100 yards to green, pushed it left a bit
#11 par 3
#12 514 had 165 to middle

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

Not counting PGA Tour (or even Champions Tour) events, the longest drive I've ever seen was actually one I hit. And I hit it 10 years ago with a Titleist Pro Trajectory driver. 340 yards on the #6 hole at Lake View. In the fairway, yes, center-cut.

I have to say that one of mine too. I don't play with to many people, because my home course is not always full so I only play with my dad. The hole 14 is a 360 yard par 4, straight, and my 2nd shot is from 30 yards. Also the 15 hole, par 4, is 350 yards but this one dog-leg to the left and one time my second shot was of 20 yards. Now I prefer to use an iron to play safe

Regards.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I have a friend his name is Jack Downing, and like me he's about 55 years old. Several years ago we were playing a round and we came to a par 5, well I smoked a drive 325 yards dead straight, and thought hmmm. Jack is about 6' 4" and 230 lbs and played in the NHL for 12 years for the Minnesota North Stars, well he flew me by 100 yards(425 yards). It was nuts even he had to laugh, Jack had 200 yards into a 625 yard par 5 for his 2nd shot. By the way he hit it 5 feet with a 7 iron(sick)....bwgolfer

TaylorMade Burner TP 9.5* stiff shaft Driver and Taylormade 15* medal
Cleveland utilities 22*
Taylormade tour prefered irons with rifle flighted 6.0
Taylormade z groove tp wedges 52* and 58*
Rife Antigua blade putterTitlest Pro V1X, Bridgestone 3000s Black

not sure if this counts, I was in an indoor simulator.

And have you hit one with that driver that far since?

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

250-290 yards with the limited experience i have with playing with a foursome.

Longest drive I think ive personally seen was Freddy Funk at Baltimore Country club last year on the third day. He's known for his accuracy, but the roll-out of this dog-leg left hole that I watched was amazing.
In the Bag:
Driver:Exotics XLD 10.5° Standard-Flex
Woods: Acuity Turbo Max
Hybrids: Acuity Turbo Max
Irons: Acuity Turbo MaxWedges: Acuity Turbo MaxPutter: X3 Double Milled 1200Shoes: Walter Hagen Tour StopGlove: Walter Hagen CadetBall:Tiger Shark Attack Life 4 - Distance
WeeT's "home...

I was playing a HS tournament which was pretty much like the quarterfinals to go to the State HS tournament in NY.

Get up on the first tee and hit my driver okay. The next guy gets up and hits his 2 iron off the tee about 20 yards past me.

I thought, "well, this guy hits the ball long, but I really didn't catch it and maybe my golf ball needs to be changed."

Second hole I get up, tatoo a driver. He gets up and hits another 2 iron and hits it 40 yards past me.

So now I change the ball on the next hole (same type of ball, just a new ball). I get up there and the same thing happens on #2, hit a good drive, he hits a 2 iron and knocks it 40 yards past me.

So I ask "is there a reason why you don't hit your driver?" And he proceeded to tell me that he has a problem snap hooking the driver.

He tried the driver out 2 holes later and put it in the woods and I didn't see him hit the driver again that round.

A year later he was playing with a friend of mine in a tourney that I was caddying for. With a strong down wind, but in cold weather, I saw this guy take out a driver and on a legit 420 yard hold that is pretty much flat, he was about 30 yards away from the green. He also hit a few other bombs that day and he was doing it with a Bridgestone J's driver.

He later went to play golf at Liberty for a year IIRC, but flunked out his first year.

3JACK

I drove a 354 yard green at my home course. Big gust behind nailed a driver.

The club pro saw as well, was so happy :)

Ping Si3 8* Stiff
Titleist 906 F2 15* Steel Stiff
Titleist 906 F2 18* Steel Stiff
Taylormade RAC LT Rifle 6.0
Callaway X Tour 54, 60Yes! Tracy

Eh none of you are going to believe it, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

I didn't actually see it, but it happened during a members tournament a few years back. My cousin who happened to be 17 at the time ripped a drive on a par 4 at the club I play for. It's 444 yards long, flat, and straight I kid you not his drive rolled up on the front of the green and interrupted one of the members that was putting. Now that 444 is measured from the tees to the middle of the green, so I would give him approximately a 430 yard drive. He did have a slight breeze behind him that obviously assisted him a bit. But he hits the ball farther than anyone I have ever seen. He is 6'5 and a solid 250 pounds. He has drove all of the par 4's but two at this course. One is a 430 yard par 4 up hill with trees that you have to cut, and the other is a 450 yard par 4 that will for ever be impossible to drive because you have to hit a cut due to the monstrous sycamore trees that line the fairway. He has in fact won a few long drive competitions in our area with a standard length driver. If he had a average short game he could be a + golfer. But he's stuck at a 2.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...
Whilst driving back from Italy over the Alps I stopped for a coffee.At the back of the carpark was a 3 mile drop into nothing.Superb view and after standing there for a while the little devil has a word in my ear and youve guest it,The longest drive in history

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Note: This thread is 5369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!