Sign in to follow this  
DBake

Ball Mark Repair Tools

Note: This thread is 4389 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What divot repair tool do you use?

• Metal Logo Type (includes Scotty Cameron) [Big Lips]
    • Plastic or Metal [Medium Lips]
    • Plastic/Metal [Sharp Lips]
    • Tee
    • What repair tool? Its not my job...

31 posts / 8276 viewsLast Reply

I've had a Cameron repair tool for at least 4 seasons now, and one thing I've noticed is that the repair tools from back then will wear down and become very, very sharp.

Of course, I wonder how many greens I've ruined to grind that thing into the instrument of ball-mark death it is now. . .

I use one of these (edit: TurfDoc):

It doesn't allow you to go in deep enough to upset the underlying turf. You can only push in about 1/2" or so, and you just do that all around the edge of the mark, pushing the sides toward the middle, then tap.

The ball mark repair video/faq was very useful. In terms of the divot repair tool, ever since I saw that video, I've been trying to find one of the tools that was recommended (i.e., sharp and pointed) without any success. At all of the local golf shops, all I see are the blunt pronged tools that are "bad" to use.

Ditto this. I can't find them anywhere, locally anyway.

I use a very nice one from my dad's work that has teeth similiar to the ones deemed the "best" and it has a magnetic ball marker on the end of it. Pretty nifty little tool to have.

It seems like few divots are repaired, due to the speed of play.

I looked ahead at the tee infront of me the other day saw there was a 5 minute wait, the people behind me were just getting to the green on the previous hole, I spent 5 minutes repairing on one hole I felt pretty good about it

Some of you beat me to it but: When I make a divot I'll be sure to fix it. Bad joke.

I had no idea many of those are truly unusable. But come on - they aren't worthless and if you know what you're doing you can do it right with any of those. But I really didn't know they made a major difference. I'll have to look for some of those.

I'm guilty of the tee sometimes, it's bad I know! But if I've walked to the green and realized I didn't have my repair tool with me, I feel like I should still do something about the ball mark.

These ones (by Team Effort) appear to be formed to promote proper ball mark repair:

Here are some of the "Highlights":
  • 19° convex curve
  • Promotes the correct forward motion necessary to properly repair ball marks
  • Avoids creating air pockets that breed fungus and kills grass, leaving a brown spot on the green
  • Ergonomically designed for secure and comfortable finger and thumb placement
  • Comes with two interchangeable ball markers embellished with collegiate trademark
  • Magnetic front holds your ball marker in place
  • Contoured grip allows for secure finger placement
  • Green-friendly prongs aid in proper repair of ball marks
I use one of these (edit: TurfDoc):

These appear to be quite effective!

I have seemed to have an illusive divot repair tool that i was wondering if any one else has seen one like this one. It has a small clock on the back of the divot repair tool and on the front it has a ball marker. The clock is attached to the money clip. Has anyone else ever seen a divot repair tool like this one?

Note: This thread is 4389 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!