IGNORED

2005 NFL Season

iacas
Note: This thread is 6658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Except for 3rd down conversion allowed % they're in top 10 in every defensive category, most of them top 5, being No 1 in sacks. Give the credit where credit due, they've a legit shot at going undefeated through the season...

They won't go undefeated. And it's easy to rack up big stats on defense when you've got the offense they do. They get opponents down, change their playcalling (more passing, gotta catch up), and so forth. Plus, look at the teams they've played: Baltimore, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Tennessee, San Francisco, St. Louis, and Houston? The Sand Trap could field a top-10 defense against those teams.

that is if he recovers in the next 3 weeks... he's killing my fantasy team now sitting on his Big Ben Butt

He was almost ready for the Cleveland game...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I like the Colts, but their schedule has been pathetic so far. But give them credit, they have won all the games. They haven't slacked up yet.

But I still think there are a few offenses that will test their defense a little more than what they have faced so far.

No way Indy goes undefeated this year. Even if they get to 12-0 or 13-0 they'll have homefield advantage locked up and play the starters sparingly. The defense is not as good as touted, but doesn't need to be great to win the Super Bowl, since the offense is great (Denver won back to back Super Bowls with the same kind of team) If they don't win it this year, they never will.............inside track to homefield and an indoor Super Bowl in Detroit.......give em the trophy now!
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

• 2 weeks later...

How about them 9-2 Seahawks? They squeeked out a win over the Giants in OT.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

How about them 9-2 Seahawks? They squeeked out a win over the Giants in OT.

Jay Feely was the Seahawks best player today.
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

And I say "Thank you Jay!"

Jeff

4-9 Titleist 690.CB

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

funny thing was, that no only CURRENT NY kickers blew it yesterday (Nugent missed a potential game winner for the Jets), but also the FORMER NY kickers sucked - Hall missed big kick for the Skins and Bryant served a loss to TB by missing 29 yarder.
Back to (my beloved) Giants - IMHO the game was lost way before the kicks. They proved lack of ability of playing on the road. 11 false starts ?!?!?!?! Can't expect to win a game giving up 100+ yards in penalties. They almost got lucky though, and this loss will be painful. By beating SEA they could've make a huge step towards home-field advantage in playoffs, now they'll struggle to get in. Huuuuuuge game next week. GO BIG BLUE !!!

Clearly crowd noise was a big factor. Them Seattle fans were going nuts. One of my buddies was up there, I can't wait to hear what it was like. According to Seattle players and Holmgren, the noise was defeaning throughout the game.

Jeff

4-9 Titleist 690.CB

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Yeah, yesterday's theme was definitely bad kicking. It seemed like there was a missed kick (or three) in every Sportscenter highlight.

I will give Nugent the benefit of the doubt, however. That wasn't any ol regular 35 yarder he missed. He missed a 53-yarder by a foot, and he hit 4 others. So I'll let him slide. And his team choked it off after getting down to the 33 yard line. Just put it in I-Formation and run it down their throats and kick a 40 yarder.

Oh yeah, my Ravens got plastered again.

no slide for a 2nd round pick (the highest pick for a kicker ever? Maybe except for Janikowski). He supposed to bang them from 60 at will.. (do you detect sour note in my voice? I had him on my fantasy team, killed me - especially on the first field goal attempt, where he slipped and fell on his butt).

• Administrator
no slide for a 2nd round pick (the highest pick for a kicker ever? Maybe except for Janikowski). He supposed to bang them from 60 at will.. (do you detect sour note in my voice? I had him on my fantasy team, killed me - especially on the first field goal attempt, where he slipped and fell on his butt).

I didn't follow the NFL over the weekend. Tonight I'll pay attention.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

yeah, big game - for me too. I'm tied in my fantasy league, a must-win match. Big Ben is my overtime player, going against Kevin Barlow overtime score of 11 pts. QB gets 1 pts for 20 yds + 5 pts for TD (7 for rushing TD).
I need your boy to preform tonight !

GO Colts, and I am a PATS fan! (We are wounded this year esp. in the D-Fence dept.-Secondary stinks.) Cant stand the Steelers (no offense.) However, it is good to see Cowers a bit calmer over the years. Got so sick of seeing him scream and shout and throw things. Reminds me of Dan Marino when he never got his way. Poor Dan!

Should be a good Offensive and Defensive battle. Colts will have to step up to the Steelers physical game. Now, let's talk college football..., where the excitement is really at this year. (B/C my PATS are down and just about out.)

no offence? 112.4 passer rating ain't bad, Parker's 674 yards are decent too - especially when you have a defense (see Bears ). They can make it far this year... if Ben is healthy. Maddox is their doom.

• Administrator
F*ck Bill Cowher in the a**hole.

> Iacas HA! 11/28/2005
>
> I meant no Offense (as no hard feelings :)
>
> I agree Steelers have a solid offensive team. Hey, I have asthma like the
> Bus, so I respect his efforts with the tough disease, and I do like Ward.
>
> I agree Maddox is your doom. He reminds me of our old doomer; Drew Bledslow.
> Did you see him throw his 'typical' Interception pass down the stretch on
> Monday Night Football vs. Redskins. He better watch it or
> he'll hear, 'you're fired.'
>
> Should be a real good game, but I think the Colts can take them if Manning
> gets the pass protection he needs. Did you see the Giants/Seahawks game.
> Manning#2 should have won that one. 3 Missed FG's, you're fired!
>
> If my PATS are out (just about), I was hoping to see a Manning vs Manning war.
> We'll see it's still early. A lot of teams up and down, but somebody's got to
> knock the Colts down just to bruise their confidence.
>
> Good Chatting,
> Gotta go, major T-storm going on here in FL.

11/29/05
Sorry for the delay Iacas,
You are my first thread I have replied to at the sandtrap. Just cant stop looking at your avatar. Who are they the "new" twins?

Thought Steelers would put up more of a valiant fight. Ben running two plays in a row for a desperate First Down WITH a busted Knee!? Wow, did you see the spit fly out of Cowers mouth on that one?

Wish us luck man, Indy comes to JAX FL in two weeks. It will take a Miracle, esp. with Leftwich gone (leg injury) but you never know. Maybe the 28th Storm of the year will blow through?

flkip

Note: This thread is 6658 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!