IGNORED

The Golf Magazines Master Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm subscribed to Golf Digest, but I prefer Golf Magazine, precisely because it's much more instructional. I'm always on the lookout for tips that may help problems I've got (sometimes they actually do help).
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I subscribe to Golf Digest and Golf Magazine. Like 'em both. Look forward every month to their arrival.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Tiger does a tip, or two, monthly for Golf Digest. Aside from his tips, the interviews are what I really read a golf magazine for, and the interveiws in Golf Digest seem to feel a little more, real, or candid to me. I like the design aspect of the magazine better too. Golf Magazine feels and looks like an old dudes magazine.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 4 weeks later...
I just saw a thing on ESPN about the noose on the cover of GolfWeek???

I hate it when the media tries to stir things up like that.
In My Grom Stand Bag:

Driver:
Big Bertha 460 Graphite 10°
Woods: Big Bertha 3&5 Graphite
Hybrid: r7 Rescue 19° Irons: 06 Big Bertha #4-SWPutter: 35 in. Rossie Mallet *Soon to be Bettinardi C03H 34"Ball: ProV1x

Golfweek without a doubt for me. My club has Golf World, so I can read it there, but with my money, Golfweek. It's a very different publication than say, GD or GM.

While I get those too, I think their tagline is accurate. Golfweek is for the serious golfer.

Blog: http://emergencynine.com/

In my bag you'll find lots of left-handed clubs like these:
Driver: G10 9* TFC (stock) S
3 wood: G5 Aldila NV SIrons 4 thru P: MX-20 TTDG RWedges: MP T Series Chrome, Forged - 52/56/60Putter: CallieBall: B330Bag (carry): Tour Stand; (cart): 9" Staff Tour

• 3 weeks later...
I just got my first issue last week and I love it. It's a small magazine- I think this issue was like forty pages but it was good reading from cover to cover. It mostly covers pro golf but does have sections on amatuer stuff too. It's a weekly publication. :)

No, just Golf Digest. I got a free year's subscription to it when I played my round at TPC Canyons in Vegas last year. All I had to do was leave my email address and then take an online survey. Free is better than wholesale.

I may extend the subscription once it runs out though.
"The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray."

In My Bag:
Big Bertha 454 Titanium (10º)
Big Bertha Fairway Woods Ping G2 HL (Black Dot) Ping M/B (56º & 52º) Mizuno MP-R Series (60º) Odyssey Black Series i #7

Yes I get Golf Week as well as Golf Digest, Golf Magazine, Golf World, Travel + Leisure Golf and Links.
Bag: SC-75 (cart) x-58 (stand)

Driver: 9.5* R7 SuperQuad

Fairway woods: ERC Fusion 3 wood and 7 woodHybrid: 16* G2Irons: X-20 4-GW 5.0 Project X shaftsWedges: 54* 58* Spin Milled Oil CanPutter(s): #9 Red XBall: PRO V X

I subscribe to Golf Digest and Golf Magazine.

It's crazy how much more you pay at the newsstand or bookstore.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Golf Digest. I will subscribe to Golf Magazine as soon as I get around to it.
I look forward to my Golf Digest every month!
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

I get Golf and GolfWeek. I enjoy the immediacy of GolfWeek. Magazines are months behind.

Yep-getting it once a week is kind of nice when trying to keep up on the latest pro golf stuff. The insider type info is cool too- like I would have never known Ben Curtis saved Steve Allens life at the FBR when Allen was choking, or that Arjun Atwal faces some Jail time for a street racing incident, or telling who is out because of injury or who is coming back from injury's. I guess I am just excited about this mag because it tells me the stuff I want to know.

I love Golfweek, I've subscribed to it for for about 6 years now. Very in depth coverage of each tour event on each tour.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I subscribe to Golf and Golf Disgest to keep up with equipment changes.

I pretty much disregard the results of the equipment tests and the recommendations; they are clearly bought and paid for.

In a recent driver test the PING G10 was straighter and longer than all of the other clubs tested and didn't even get an honorable mention.

The longest family of balls by far according to the test results was TaylorMade and they didn't even make the top twenty list.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

Question for you guys. I live in Canada and I get Golf Digest and Golf Magazine; they seem to arrive a bit later than in the U.S., but because it is a monthly magazine it is not a huge deal. I was thinking of subscribing to Golf World, but my concern is that if it is a weekly publication, will it be out of date by the time I get it? Anyone out there who doesn't live in the U.S. subscribe to it? And how did you find it in terms of getting it to you promptly?

Thanks for any help.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Note: This thread is 5764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!