Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Viper

Golfing Giant.

Note: This thread is 5101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 posts / 1710 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Players competing on the Asian Tour face a major obstacle at the Double A International Open in Thailand this week - a hole that measures 878 yards.

Yeah, yow. Funny thing is they hit driver, iron, 3-wood. Makes me think the water creeps into play.

Article would have been so much better with an illustration or overhead picture of the hole... Maybe the long way around is 878 yards, but they talk about taking a shorter, straighter route, albeit with some carry...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You think 878 yards is alot....

I found this today after reading the original post:
According to The Guinness Book of World Records, the Satsuki golf course in Sano, Japan, boasts the longest hole in the world—an exhausting 964-yard, par-7 humdinger. But the Japanese domination is about to end. Joe Gibbs, owner of Chocolay Downs Golf Course in Marquette, Michigan, is building a double-dogleg par 6. The total: 1,007 yards. Quadruple digits, buddy, the Milton Berle of fairways.

I have no desire to play any of these holes thank-you-very-much. 1000+ yards for one hole? Wow. Bring a bag lunch on a hole of that length.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Love the recommendations listed on Saint_Viper's attachment.

My question about #3 is, "Secure my safety against what , exactly?" (Perhaps I don't really want to know... )

Rick

Note: This thread is 5101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!