Sign in to follow this  
golf_fore_18

Poll: What Hybrid Do You Use?

Note: This thread is 4396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which Hybrid Do You Use?

• Cleveland Hibore
    • Cleveland Halo
    • Cleveland Hibore XLS
    • King Cobra Baffler
    • Wilson Staff Series
    • Nike SUMO
    • Ping G10
    • Taylormade Rescue
    • Taylormade Burner
    • Any Titlesit Hybrid

21 posts / 8213 viewsLast Reply

1.Cleveland Hibore
2.Cleveland Halo
3.Cleveland Hibore XLS
4.King Cobra Baffler
5.Nike SUMO
6.Taylormade Rescue
7.Taylormade Burner
8.Wilson Staff Series
9.Ping G10
10.Any Titleist Hybrid

11. other

I use a texan classic hybrid. you can buy them for about $15 on ebay.

It sounds like a hunk of crap but it is probably the straightest and most consistant club in my bag.

I selected the Ping G10.

I don't have a hybrid yet, but this will be the one I order soon.

It sets up very clean and square and I can get it with the shaft I want and custom length is a breeze. Should take them just over a week to get it to me.

I'm trying to decide between 15 or 18 degrees.

I'm leaning towards 18 as I want to use it in place of a 5wood / 2iron.

I've got a rescue tp. I'm thinking about switching to 2 and 3 bridgestone j36 hybrids. I have made some good shots with that rescue tp though =/

Mines not on the list.....I play a Ben Hogan though. I only have a 2h and don't play it very often cause I am more confident with my 3wood and 3iron so I didn't spend too much on one. Just bought the Hogan used.

11. Other

Adams Idea Pro 20* with an Aldila VS Proto "By You"

The shaft is the main reason that I got it, it just fits my swing sooooo well, and to compliment the shaft I love the club head too

None of the above hybrids. I have removed all of my fairway woods and now use Nickent 3dx utility 3 & 5 clubs. The 3 is has a 15 degree loft the 5 has 19 degrees.

These clubs are a cross between a fairway wood and a hybrid. If you looked at them, you would say they look much more like a hybrid. Their lofts are much stronger. The 3 has the same loft as a standard 3 fairway wood, bu the shaft is shorter (like a hybrid). The result is a club you can hit out of anywhere and far more accurate than a fairway wood.

I am only losing 10 yards to my regular 3 wood. For the increased accuracy, I will live with a 215 yard shot. Keep an eye out for these. I am seeing a ton of them. They have the lime green (very bright) headcovers.

These are the best "hybrids" I have ever used.

I use the TaylorMade rescue dual currently, but it isn't the correct loft for what I need so I'm going to get a new one before too long. I'm going to try the new Burner hybrid once it comes out to see if I like it.

Still haven't felt comfortable with a hybrid in my hand.

I don't like them either. I'm new to the game though. I might end up changing my mind, but for now I just use my irons. I don't even like hitting my fairway woods, my 4 iron goes anywhere from 185 to 200 yards (hitting it clean) and I really haven't seen a need to hit it further than that. I might look into a 3 iron or eventually try a 2 iron, but for some reason, hybrids have always seemed a little cheesy to me. I know all of our equipment is better than what they used 20+ years ago, but I think the hybrids are a little too far.

Interesting that you didn't even list the best hybrid made in your poll. Mine are money in the bank. All three of them. 3hybrid, 4hybrid, and 5 hybrid.
I really didn't have the slightest problem hitting my 3,4, and 5 irons, but these hybrids are the most consistently easy clubs I have ever hit.

Of course I'm speaking of the Adams Idea Boxer hybrids .

Callaway FT Fusion, you know, what Rocco was using to hit those greens from far out at the Open. They are fantastic, Callaway is really producing great equipment right now.

Note: This thread is 4396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!