IGNORED

Who was more redicilous in this situation?

rubbery
Note: This thread is 5791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It would have been nice if the two had let you play through, but nothing they did excuses what you did. You hit into them them, and then over them.

BTW, you might start by showing a little respect. Do you like being referred to as a snot-nosed punk? I'm sure there might be a few senior golfers on this board. Referring to the elderly as fossils has 'attitude' written all over it. And the fact that they didn't let you play through after hitting into them twice tells me that your 'attitude' was probably apparent from the get go, and you were ticking them off.

Lastly, I wish the user CP let us define custom word filters so I didn't have to be subjected to this 'rediculous' fad of spelling ridiculous 'rediculous'.

/rant

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely you. I get stuck behind slow players all the time. yesterday for instance...we got stuck behind 2 4-somes that comprised of 70 somethings. Instead of being an a** and rolling 2 drives up to them, we went up to the 1st group and asked if it would be ok if we played thru since there was nobody for 2 holes ahead of them. They said no. We then called for the marshall, and they put a watch on them and then moved them up 2 holes so help speed up the pace.

just think how pissed off you'd be if you were playing....and someone hit 2 drives into you. Sure it's an a** move to throw the ball..which could be $5 into the river, but you can also kill someone hitting them with a ball that's traveling at 170 mph.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Now that we seem to have agreed for the most part that you were in the wrong... Which would have been worse, them throwing your ball in the water, or turning around and firing right back at you(which I would have done)

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

Rubbery,

We've all lost our temper and done things we regret - or learn later, in retrospect, that they weren't the most prudent actions. I have hit up on people before, perhaps before I knew better, and as was stated here many times, there is a better way. Most people who have any proper etiquette will accomodate you....if you give them the chance

It's good to see that you view this as a lesson learned.

And.......we've all been there before, trust me.

In the Titleist bag on the ClicGear 2.0:

PILOT: Titleist 910 D2 Axivore Tour Red

3 WOOD: Callaway 3-Deep 13*

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ 22*

IRONS 3-PW: Mizuno MP-32

WEDGES: Vokey TVD 54* SM5 58*K

PUTTER: Rife 2-Bar Blade

BALL: Penta 5

Wow, I'm really disappointed in the number of postings that sort of agreed that hitting into people is the right thing to do. This impulsive behavior is the same thing that causes people to threaten each other with their cars (road rage), or causes people at bars/nightclubs to shoot each other because of some perceived 'slight.'

Not sure how old you are, but do you not feel like you have anything to lose? What if you had hit one of them with a 260-yard drive? Given their advanced age, you could have killed one of them. Then what?

All because you didn't have the stones to just go up to them and ASK to play through?

You should have been banned from the course...

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

I went through something like this, today. I was playing a course near home and it took two hours and thirty minutes to play 9 holes. (The cart gave me the time of the round). This is extremely slow, especially for this course as I've played on a weekend in less than four hours.

The group I was paired with was annoyed and so was I. We skipped ahead, hoping to resolve our problem, as it appeared that a hole was open. We could not. Therefore, we went back to the clubhouse to complain. The guys left but I stayed as they let me play the front 9, again, as it was clear. They told me to play as much as I wanted and were sorry for the inconvenience.

I know this is not normal but at least the course tried to remedy the situation. Next time, try the same. If the group won't be kind to you, perhaps the clubhouse and pro, will. You never know.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Hitting into a group is NEVER the right course of action. Grow a pair and ask to play ahead or simply skip a hole and pass them. You're playing 9 after work for crying out loud, not exactly your one shot at Augusta.

I wonder if this would even be a topic of discussion if you had put your drive into somebody's skull?

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Wow, I'm really disappointed in the number of postings that sort of agreed that hitting into people is the right thing to do. This impulsive behavior is the same thing that causes people to threaten each other with their cars (road rage), or causes people at bars/nightclubs to shoot each other because of some perceived 'slight.'

I just don't see how hitting up to someone's feet with a rolling golf ball has anything to do with gunshots in a bar.

I don't hit into people, I just don't understand what point you're trying to get across.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

I just don't see how hitting up to someone's feet with a rolling golf ball has anything to do with gunshots in a bar.

I think his point was that intentionally antagonizing someone is how people come to fist de cuffs. By intentionally antagonizing the group ahead of him (he had the guts to launch a Nike from 260 but not actually ask them if he could play through) he was simply putting himself in a position to be involved in violence.

Never antagonize someone with a big stick that has every technological advancement available to make that big chunk of metal at the end move faster. Pretty simple rule I try and live by.....

Andrew

it took me 50 years but i have finally made peace with the fact that some slow golfers aren't going to let a faster group through so i just let myself have fun looking at the blue skies and trees and flowers and grass and enjoy this blessed game of golf

no, it was not the best choice for them to have tossed your ball in the river, if it was me, i would have pooped on your ball

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

I think most of the replies here have strongly voiced thier opinions against his actions of hitting 2 balls into the group(except one who said it increased his "awesome factor", but might be joking, hopefully). I believe the OP has realized now(and at the time), that he lost his "cool", we all have but at least he has the guts to talk about his mistake and realize what he did wrong, plus he has been given a lot of ways to handle the situation and hopefully he takes this advice in to consideration next time. Part of playing this game is learning from your mistakes

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

we tried to let a 2 sum play through sat
they said no thanks ... so i said it purdy funny watchin us beginners play ?
and we all had a big laugh about it and finished playin

my point is slow down and take in the day u'll be surprised what enjoyment
you can get

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

I think maybe you should've assumed by their poor play they didn't know proper etiquette and shouldve have just asked to play through.
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

first of all ur ridiculous for spelling ridiculous rediculous
they just threw the ball in the lake? i would have thrown the ball at u
or grabbed a driver and teed it up back to you or i would have just beaten u up
and u have the nerve to ask who was right in the situation? come on man
no seriously... come on...
go to church or something

lol....i would have asked where he was standing when he threw it in the water, and dropped another one!

jk, that's pretty funny though...

i dealt with a couple in front of me today, hacking away, taking mulligans as i waited on the teebox....sharing clubs....taking thier sweet time. So I rolled up the them and told them I was going to skip the hole and pass them. Worked fine for me. =]

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

You were the most "redicilous".

L . O . L .

No, you cannot be sued if you hit someone with your ball.

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Driver: Launcher 400
Hybrid: Idea a30s Boxer 2i
Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

first of all ur ridiculous for spelling ridiculous rediculous

You're saying you would've beaten him up but he's

the one who needs to go to church?
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Note: This thread is 5791 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!