IGNORED

Favorite type of shot!

Megaman8
Note: This thread is 5780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is your favorite type of shot?

• Driving
    • Long Irons
    • Short Irons
    • Pitching
    • Chipping
    • Putting

Pitching and Chipping... give me a 40-50 yard half wedge into a slightly uphill green any day. I love the low hard spinner... go dead red at the flag, hit the green right there bounce a foot or so and let er reel back to the hole.

I also love chipping from the fringe. I can do better with a sandwedge from there at any distance than I can a putter from anywhere outside 20 feet.

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

Long irons...there's just something about dropping it on the green from 180-210 out that gives you a sense of accomplishment (when it works).

In my Grom Stand Bag:

Driver: Launcher 400
Hybrid: Idea a30s Boxer 2i
Irons: MP-60's 4-PWWedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 56.12Wedge: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 60.4Putter: I-Series Anser 4Ball: Prov1

i love long irons,
when you know you have hit a great iron shot, it feels gooodd..

In The Bag: Extreme Sport Golf Bag

Driver: X 460
Irons: X-18's Steel
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 3 & 43 Wood: X Hot5 Wood: Big Bertha FT-3Putter: Newport 2 by TitleistBalls: My Course: www.burntislandgolfhouseclub.co.ukAge: 15

My favorite type of shot right now is the knock down wedge from about 120 yards. I really like this because it takes all of the spin off and I have been having lots of good luck with it lately.

After that, I love the 6 feet and in putts. Those are my favorite type of putts.

I like short iron shots, probably because i'm most confortable with them, I can always rely on my 7 iron.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most confident with the putter, it can't go out of bounds, j/k :P
But the most fun is probably to rip it with the driver.
In my bag:
Driver: : D2 8.5°
fairway wood: 906 15°
Hybrid: 585H 19°
Irons: 4-PW 695MBWedges: 52° 56° & 60° CG12Putter: Bettinardi C-Series (Carbon Steel)Ball: Pro V1x

On everything but the first hole of a tournament, I love hitting driver.

I absolutely despise the first shots. i always shank the life out of the ball on the first shot, but then every shot after is great.

Putting. I love reading and sending the ball on its path to the hole. The more breaks, the better the challenge. Any distance, no matter. That doesn't mean I make them, but 3 putts are rare.

Cya

Safest club in a lightning storm is a one iron, because not even God can hit a one iron-Lee Trevino

Ping G5
Hogan Magnums
60* LWAncient Ping Zing, solid brass with over-sized grip (sweet)Any new white ball

I like hitting my long irons. I have recently started hitting them consistently so I layup with them more then I used to and I'm hitting more fairways. I also have a few long par threes at my course that just make me feel good when I stick one close with a 2/3 iron.
In the blue and tan grom Bag:

Driver r7 460 10.5*
Fairway Woods '07 Burner 15* and 18*
Irons 4-PW r7 XDWedges 47*, 52*, 58* CG14,Putter TiffanyBall One Tour D

Putting, without a doubt. That's where the pressure moments are.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

Chipping for now. Learning how to put spin on the ball for control. Good times

Big Cart Bag:

R7 Quad 11.5*
200Steel 5wood 15*
Baffler Hybrid 18* R7 Draw Irons 3-AW Tour Action 56* / 60* Dual Force 990 Pro V1/x

I don't have a particular favorite shot. There is one shot, however, that I have perfected, only because I hit it several times a round. It's the low 3 iron hook around trees and back into the fairway, probably about 150-175 yds. The way I hit my driver @ times I should start hittin' the low 3 iron hook on the tee........

Driver: Hi-Bore XL 8.5* X-Stiff

3 Wood: ORLIMAR VT830 15* Stiff

Irons: RPM Undercut OS 4-GW Sand Wedge: CG 10 54*Lob Wedge: 588 60*Putter: White Steel 2-Ball CS Ball: NXTBag: IDEA Stand Bag

favorite shot to hit is the punch cut or draw 3iron. watched anthony kim hit it on 3 and 5 of the horrible horshoe down at colonoial country club this year (he used a 2iron). decided to try to practice it and it is a pretty easy shot, if you want control just hit controlled finish low iron down the fairway. My other favorites are instead of hitting a 9 taking 8 and using a 3/4 swing. just making sure i hit the green having the confidence that i can two putt from 20 feet.

My favorite shot is a full swing 60* with a perfect lie in the rough.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

We all know that there is nothing better than puring a driver, 275-300 yards down the center stripe! Then again, nothing like hitting that high soft cut into a back right pin from 185 with a 6 iron! Then again, putting a little stoppage on a wedge to inside 3 feet, it don't get any better than that! However, sinking that 35 foot, double-breaking bomb that wins the back nine, 18 and birdie pool for the day! Oh hell, I like them all! Don't make me choose!

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

• 2 weeks later...
One foot putts, all day long!!

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

Note: This thread is 5780 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!