IGNORED

Anybody else at thesandtrap a musician?

dave s
Note: This thread is 5435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

'Tis true. I have some married friends that are both symphony players, a percussionist and a violinist. Her violin is worth more than their house, no kidding! (It's insured for around a million, I think.)

This is mildly random, but do you know if it's true that you can insure a singer's voice? It seems possible to me, after all, violinists can insure their instrument.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R5, 9.5 degree
Fairway woods: 973F
Irons: RAC, 3-AWWedges: Vokey spin milled, 56 degreePutter: White Hot #7Ball: Pro V1

This is mildly random, but do you know if it's true that you can insure a singer's voice? It seems possible to me, after all, violinists can insure their instrument.

Yes it is true. You can pretty much insure anything..

I played guitar and sang a little in bands from 1988 to 2001
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I've played guitar for about 16 years. I started a band that was signed to Tooth&Nail; Records about eleven years ago and is still around today (with no original Members). Search : Zao

Also, I have an amateur recording studio in my house that helps purport my two current musical projects :

Times After Dusk

and

Maywood

My web design business

im 22 been playing drums now for 10 years now, im the drum caption head for the highschool marching band, been trying to get a band and stuff goin but no guitarists around here are on a proffesional level enough to do anything that will do well, and if they are they are either cocky as all hell, or already in a band lol so I kinda given up on the band stuff so i just help teach drums now haha

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

Yeah, but the deal is, the insurance is really expensive for the human voice. The person has to have a track record establishing worth, and then pay high premiums . . . strange thing. Opera AFLAC anyone?

I went to college (New England Conservatory of Music) for Bassoon Performance. Played with the New England Philharmonic, Boston Civic Orchestra, Hingham Symphony, Gardner Chamber Orchestra to name a few while a student. Studied with several members of the Boston Symphony and got WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY burned out. 6 hours a day alone in a practice room for 4 years was enough for me to know that it was not what I wanted to do with my life anymore. Great memories and some of my old classmates are doing quite well in major orchestra's these days but I am pretty content with my choices.

Now I'm learning guitar. Just got a new taylor - love it!

In my Ogio Bag
Driver - Cobra 10.5 F Speed
3 Wood - Cobra LD speed
Hybrid - TaylorMade Burner 22 degree
Irons - Callaway X-Tour 3-PW 52.08 Degree Gap Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled56.14 Degree Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled60.07 Degree Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter...

I went to college (New England Conservatory of Music) for Bassoon Performance. Played with the New England Philharmonic, Boston Civic Orchestra, Hingham Symphony, Gardner Chamber Orchestra to name a few while a student. Studied with several members of the Boston Symphony and got WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY burned out. 6 hours a day alone in a practice room for 4 years was enough for me to know that it was not what I wanted to do with my life anymore. Great memories and some of my old classmates are doing quite well in major orchestra's these days but I am pretty content with my choices.

NEC's a great school. It's so tough to make a living as a musician. I really have to hand it to those who do. I'm privy to watching those kids toil in the practice rooms of Jailyard and sometimes I quietly wish them luck as I pass by them.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

at 52, I don't wanna think how long I've been playin' music.... I own just a few guitars, but they're good ones...the amp/cab is also decent enough. I personally know folks who build guitars/amps/cabs/ pedals/you name it... goes with the territrory of loving guitar,I reckon... just wished I could play golf as good as I play guitar(not that I'm Frank Marino or something..) I've seen more high dollar gear than enough,played thru many of 'em(even some owned by Brad Whitford of Aerosmith), and I'll say that you get what you pay for.it's sad that American made gear is outrageously expensive. But I wouldn't trade my Gibsons' for any foreign made axes.
... my sister rec'd her Masters' from Carnegie/Mellon in Music..a classical pianist back in the day, so music runs in the gene....Grandmaw was a 3rd grade teacher,and exposed all of her students to the Recorder(everyone in every class she had..52 years worth). many in our area of the county started their music lives with her....anyone remember the Recorder?

Haha holy crap you were in Zao?

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Wow, cool topic! As you can tell from my name and avatar, me is!
Been a musician my whole life. Owned a boutique music store in the late 80's/early 90's, sold out to fund college right before the internet craze hit (thankfully).
I play numerous instruments, but guitar and vocals are my heart. Have done it professionally since the late 80's, regional tours, etc.

Now I formed a Hard Blues band to my stipulations: We only play where I want and as loud as I want (hey, I play tube amps cranked!) or I don't play. Primarily geared for the Harley crowd and biker rallies. I've done it for so long I can do this. I realized long ago I'm not gonna hit it big, though had a few shots many moons ago. So I am done with the every weekend gig making peanuts playing tunes I hate playing.
Though I would like to put a 80'sHAir band together sometime in the next years!

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

Wow, cool topic! As you can tell from my name and avatar, me is!

...you'll have to speak up....

Ratt? older Metallica? Twisted Sister? way past my days.... you'd like Bob Rienhardts' amps..Mark knopfler uses 'em now that he dumped his Voxs.... the have great tone(all tube)...

Well I would love to be a singer but I have a terrible voice.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

...you'll have to speak up....

Ha too good!

Yep, Bob's amps are cool for sure. I had the 18w Marshall take off for a few. I think I had over 50 killer amps come through here this past year! I'm down to about 15-17 last I checked. Now it is golf fever!

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

I've got an old Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" Mk1 with Svetlana 12AX7s and matched Sovtek 6L6s. Sounds really sweet, especially with my PRS or SG.

Yep, I remember those. Nice amp!
Try some old Sylvanias or Baldwin (cheaper, but killer) 6l6 in that and it will fatten it up even more!

907 D2 9.5 Adila
MP57
Various hybrids
Too many putters
Exodus

I've seen more high dollar gear than enough,played thru many of 'em(even some owned by Brad Whitford of Aerosmith), and I'll say that you get what you pay for.it's sad that American made gear is outrageously expensive.

Aerosmith is my favorite modern Rock band. Love em from Toys in the Attic right up to the recent "blues" album release.

I hear you.

Many years ago, my three brothers and I played around the tri-states area of OH/IN/KY. It put us through college. Our favorite get away was golf. It was the perfect foursome until we started talking about the song list for our next gig.

Now, two brothers are doctors and never have any time. The one still playing lives in Jackson Hole. He been there are a number of years and still plays the clubs around the area and in the summers tries to hit the ball in the towns he plays.

I take out the Martin 3-4 times a week to keep from losing all the songs I used to know. It's acoustic now and that soothes the soul. A favorite is a finger-picking diddy called The Double-Bogey Blues ... Lordy, what to do, I got them double-bogey blues. I think everyone can sing or humm a few bars, eh?

Hit'm straight... or with a slight draw!

iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

Note: This thread is 5435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!