IGNORED

Anybody else at thesandtrap a musician?

dave s
Note: This thread is 5442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Aerosmith is my favorite modern Rock band. Love em from Toys in the Attic right up to the recent "blues" album release.

I hear ya... Brads' guitar tech was @ a jam in Greensboro a couple years ago w/ an amp(Orange modded by Divided by 13)..and it smoked!!! the guy could string a guitar quicker than I could get it out of the pkg....

I hear ya... Brads' guitar tech was @ a jam in Greensboro a couple years ago w/ an amp(Orange modded by Divided by 13)..and it smoked!!! the guy could string a guitar quicker than I could get it out of the pkg....

how'd he do it??

how'd he do it??

I got there as he was tightening the string,and I saw him have the string ready to be put on..all I had to do was walk a few steps,and he was nearly done

but if I recall, I THINK he ran the string thru the tuner post..held it whilst turning the key... he MAY have half-wrapped the string on the post and wrapped the string under itself..but I'm not sure about that... he never had more than 2 complete wraps around the post,tho....when you have to change 'em mid-song, you get it done quickly... he only did the one string, so I'm guessing he wasn't gonna give "how-to" demonstrations for us shmoes... hewas cool and all, but very guarded about information concerning his job/boss/etc....

• 1 month later...
Haha holy crap you were in Zao?

Yes, I started it with a few friends back in the early 90's. I left in '97 to get married and settle down. Cool you've heard of it.

My web design business

My mother's side of the family are very musical (my great uncle is regarded as one of the best trombonists of the 20th century! ) so it was natural I would be heavily involved in music.

Over the years have played piano, clarinet, trumpet and tuba to varying levels of skill, but sadly not for a number of years.

It is coincidental this comes up this morning as I was dreaming last night that I'd forgotten how to read music.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Great topic!!!

I'm a music composer, basically anything that ranges from classical, to experimental, rock.

I'm also a guitarist, keyboardist, and play some instruments here and there.

Check my youtube channel and give it some stars :P There are also some music lessons posted, so subscribe if you are interested in learning the theory from basic to advanced, step by step.

http://www.youtube.com/jalalhaddad

I am planning to finish my first music album (I've been saying that for some years), and who knows, maybe it can become a career =)))

Here's a sample:

I play bassguitar and upright bass. I don't play in a band anymore because I need my time to practise my golfswing However, I know for sure that someday I'll start playing in a band again. Music is kinda like golf, it's in your blood and you can't deny it. You can try to ignore it for a while but in the end RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Gear
Driver: G10 10,5° - regular flex
3-Wood: Burner Steel 15°
Hybrids: Benross V5 Escape 20°/3, 23°/4
Irons: Benross VX Combo OS 5i-SWGap Wedge: CG12 52° chrome finishLob Wedge: SM60.08 oil can finishPutter: White Hot XG #5AccessoriesStand Bag: GROMCart Bag: RC08-1Trolley: Big...

I play bassguitar and upright bass. I don't play in a band anymore because I need my time to practise my golfswing

That me (too) King Norre. Now, if we could just get people to pay us to play GOLF, I'd be really happy!

Still playing in bands 30-some (ahem!) years later!!! I enjoy the heck out of the 'team' concept of the band, playing in front of big audiences, singing and making noise with the guitar gear. I'll probably stop when I can't stand up anymore! dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If so, boy we've chosen TWO expensive hobbies to take up our time. Most musicians I know also choose golf as a 'next-in-line' hobby and enjoy the heck out it!

Yea, definitely feel the same... If I sold all my guitars and the library of sheet music, I might be able to put a down-payment on a house. I'm a little afraid of what'll happen if I ever get the Golf club equivalent of GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome).

The truth is, in my opinion, that the rudiments of golf and music education are very similar. A huge part of it is about breaking down something that is complex to it's basic, simple, parts, and learning how to put it back together, so it functions properly, all the time.

What's in my Golf Bag:
Clubs

That me (too) King Norre. Now, if we could just get people to pay us to play GOLF, I'd be really happy!

Great thread! I know Dave from guitar board jams and I'll tell you what...the guy can PLAY a guitar!

Dave, I bought a Rescue Hybrid a few weeks back...this thing is like (((reverb)))!!! I want more.... 99s

Ive been playing the Guit since i was fifteen (now 31), I quit for a few years but i'm back into it again. I'm going to start recording and writing music again. (sell it online too)

I've been in a few bands too, I openedd up for sublime and downset . We have a few demos floating around somewhere .

my cousin Tobin (my dads side of the family) is a huge rock star. He's the bassist for papraroach living the good life.

• 8 months later...
Being new here, I thought I'd revive an old thread for my other passion.

I'd never call myself a musician, but I do play guitar. Had an acoustic in HS/college 'cause I thought it'd help me get laid.

Picked up again 5 years ago and actually made an effort to be decent. Now I play in a two bands and have way more invested in gear than I should, but get to play rock star once a month or so.

http://www.myspace.com/buzzkillrocks

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I play guitar and write songs. Hopefully, better than I play golf

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

I used to play guitar a bit but I pretty much stopped after I quit playing in bands. Ironically it's been golf that has replace guitar as my main hobby. I'll probably get back into guitar when I'm done with university but I'm way too busy this year to be trying to do uni, golf and guitar (and way too poor, I know all about that GAS thing!). Great to hear some of you out there have been or still are successful musicians though .

Note: This thread is 5442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!