IGNORED

Big Break V Official Thread!

iacas
Note: This thread is 6536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a hard time seeing her making consistent pars. Looking at the challange that got her the boot she was losing a stroke per event. Factor in the couple of holes we saw her play and I would be shocked if she was much better than a 12 - 15 handicap. Throw in the pressure of a $500 match and she won't break 90. If she stays healthy enough to play, that is :) Larry I would bet on your 12.95 against her any day of the week.

Anyone catch the All Access show? She was bitching about people who complained about hurting and making excuses. But it was clear from the narrator and what the producers chose to show that they knew she was a royal narcissistic bitch, I just don't think they realized that it would not be good for the show.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

finally stumbled onto this thread and it was a joy to read...i was telling my wife on the first episode how nikki does not act like a golfer...all her mannerisms were so un-golfer-like: how she lines up her ball to putt, how she didn't understand match play rules, etc. lo and behold, she not only doesn't look/act like a golfer...she can't even play the game!

i'm with erik - i hope kristina or katie win since they're the cuties...yeah, male thing to say, but hey, i'm a male.

G5 10.5*, grafalloy blue pro launch S
BB 3W 15*
904f 19* 5W, graphite design ys-6 S
585h 19*, aldila nv 75-S
idea pro 23*, blue by you S mp-30 4-6; mp-33 7-pwCleveland 900 rtg 52*, wrx 60* spin milled vokey 56*/10Yes! heather putter b330s

Come on guys...BBV is MADE for the guys!

but is the opposite true, golfin' girl...was BBIV made for the gals?

BB 3W 15*
585h 19*, aldila nv 75-S
idea pro 23*, blue by you S mp-30 4-6; mp-33 7-pwCleveland 900 rtg 52*, wrx 60* spin milled vokey 56*/10Yes! heather putter b330s

• Administrator
Stacey, you really wanna see big Mike from BBII in boxers?

Or Duemig from BBI.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Or Duemig from BBI.

off-topic, but i'm looking forward to seeing what he has to say about michelle wie on tomorrow's "19th hole"...hope he shuts his stupid yap for once, but that's hoping for a lot.

anyway, katie's out of BBV. too bad. boy, the girls sure looked nervous over those shots...

BB 3W 15*
585h 19*, aldila nv 75-S

PLEASE, if it was not for reality television, this would'nt even matter, there has not been one true golfer on the big break that could actually make it on a real tour! The new one is as true as they could get, Becky acts like a man, such a joke, please, will Ashley do something with herself, she is a joke!

PLEASE, if it was not for reality television, this would'nt even matter, there has not been one true golfer on the big break that could actually make it on a real tour! The new one is as true as they could get, Becky acts like a man, such a joke, please, will Ashley do something with herself, she is a joke!

wow, such anger, my friend...

this lot of girls, though, seems to have the best golfers yet. given some coaching and some practice, we might see one or two make it from the futures tour...what do you guys think?

BB 3W 15*
585h 19*, aldila nv 75-S

• Administrator
Sorry, did'nt leave my SPECS!!!

Consider yourself warned. You only get one. I'm fine with having an opinion and expressing it freely, but your screen name along with the tone of both your first AND second posts raises a flag.

As to the show, we saw both people reacting poorly and people reacting well to the pressure. Katie's first shot was actually really good... but she just rolled long. Her second was good too - probably a yard from getting the proper kick. I was surprised to see the US Am gal that close to elimination. I figured she might coast a little through the earlier rounds. But her swing is out of sync a little. So one of the cuties is gone. There's really only one left, the Swede. I can say this: this group of girls is a better (in terms of golfing talent) collection than we saw on BBIII. Collectively, and respective to their gender, they may be better than the talent we saw on BBIV!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Was anyone else surprised to see Katie get eliminated?

After the first couple of shows, I thought that Kim would be the next one out after Nikki. But, seeing some of those ladies perform during the immunity and elimination challenges sure put a different spin on things. Here are some of my observations:

- the remaining ladies all seem to have pretty good golf skills, but boy do they have difficulty handling pressure. I thought most of the contestants play golf on the Futures Tour - shouldn't they be used to making "pressure" shots?

- Is it me, or does Ashley seem to have some "attitude". From her interviews, I get the impression that she thinks she's a better player than the rest of the ladies out there based on some of the comments (the comment about not being able to make a 150 yd. iron shot and so forth).

- My prediction is that the winner will be either Divina or Jeanne. I think the other ladies get too stressed (so far). Anyone else think so?

Sign the slow play promise and petition

• Administrator
Was anyone else surprised to see Katie get eliminated?

I think that everyone now is at about the same level of play, so it could have been anyone that went home, I think.

- the remaining ladies all seem to have pretty good golf skills, but boy do they have difficulty handling pressure. I thought most of the contestants play golf on the Futures Tour - shouldn't they be used to making "pressure" shots?

Everyone that's been on the Big Break has said it's a different kind of pressure. Long waits between shots, 20 cameras, etc. I can understand it, but at the same time, I think I'd likely be one of the looser people out there. Especially if I got a free trip to Hawaii out of the whole thing, regardless of how well I finished!

- Is it me, or does Ashley seem to have some "attitude". From her interviews, I get the impression that she thinks she's a better player than the rest of the ladies out there based on some of the comments (the comment about not being able to make a 150 yd. iron shot and so forth).

She does. Then she proceeded to make a 5. Heh heh heh. But her attitude is getting on my nerves at this point.

- My prediction is that the winner will be either Divina or Jeanne. I think the other ladies get too stressed (so far). Anyone else think so?

They seem to be the most relaxed. But look at Donatello - he was pretty stressed all the time and nearly won it... It's in how you handle that. Some may show it a lot, but if they handle it okay... Others who look like they're handling it may silently fall apart.

Everyone that's been on the Big Break has said it's a different kind of pressure. Long waits between shots, 20 cameras, etc. I can understand it, but at the same time, I think I'd likely be one of the looser people out there. Especially if I got a free trip to Hawaii out of the whole thing, regardless of how well I finished!

the waiting around is probably the toughest part...just think about being behind that slow group and having to wait before every shot, not getting into a nice rhythm...some people are better at handling the stop-go aspect of it than others. put sabbatini in this situation and i bet he doesn't hit good shots, too! :)

BB 3W 15*
585h 19*, aldila nv 75-S

For the most part, these ladies are the real deal. They have some good history with competition as most of them come from the Futures tour. The stress did seem to bother a couple of them a little too much though.

I liked the barrell drill they did. I practice something like that in my backyard and basement.

Matt Karlak
a.k.a. The Undaunted Duffer

Driver: GT Xtreme
3 Wood: EVO5 Wood: Tight LiesHybrid: 3 ironIrons: X16's 4-SWPutter: AnserBall: DT SoLo

Becky's got a little of that going on too. When she said something about her teammates to the effect of, "I know that's my weak area, but even my weak shot would be better than theirs." (I'm paraphrasing, but it rubbed me the wrong way.)

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

• Administrator

So, no comments on Divina getting knocked out? At this point, I think all of the girls are pretty evenly matched, and I had Divina going a bit further than she did. Unfortunately, she was injured.

I was proud of the way she handled it, as she nearly won immunity two or three separate times. Her first shot in playing the par three was easily the best of the group and she had the lone legitimate birdie chance. I was pulling for her to make it.

Julie seems like one of the weakest players left at this point, which is pretty good, because at this point in any of the previous Big Breaks, there were still three to four players left who were clearly a level beneath the others. The girls are all pretty evenly matched.

So really, no responses here yet? Did y'all forget it was on?!?!

P.S. Ashley continued to act like she's Mother Superior or something. She ain't.

Note: This thread is 6536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!