IGNORED

Big Break V Official Thread!

iacas
Note: This thread is 6541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, no comments on Divina getting knocked out? At this point, I think all of the girls are pretty evenly matched, and I had Divina going a bit further than she did. Unfortunately, she was injured.

I missed the first few minutes of the show - how did Divina get hurt? But, as Erik pointed out, she played well considering her (legitimate) injury. I, too, expected Divina to go further, but those are the breaks.

I was surprised to see Jeanne get so flustered and get so negative about her swing. Her swing looked pretty good to me - granted, she didn't hit them all great. Other than Divina, I would have put Jeanne as one of the favourites. Ashley is starting to get annoying - I guess the producers are doing a good job by getting a reaction from the viewers. My prediction is that either Julie or Kim will be knocked out next. They seem to have the weakest games of the remaining women.

Sign the slow play promise and petition

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Ashley is starting to get annoying - I guess the producers are doing a good job by getting a reaction from the viewers.

Good point. Now that Nikki is gone, they may be trying to set someone else up to be the jerk everyone loves to hate.

My prediction is that either Julie or Kim will be knocked out next. They seem to have the weakest games of the remaining women.

I'm not so sure I agree with you on Kim. Remember how long the old bird lasted on BBIII?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good point. Now that Nikki is gone, they may be trying to set someone else up to be the jerk everyone loves to hate.

True - but she was a LPGA player in the past - that means she knows how to play the game. She obviously wasn't as athletic as the others, but she had good course management.

Sign the slow play promise and petition

I was sad to see Divina go too. She seems very genuine and an honestly decent person. I hope Kristina or Jeanne wins, I like them both the best.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R7 Quad, 9.5°, Aldila NV
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

Julie will probably go next, although it is hard to tell as there is not much of a difference in skill levels at this point. I keep thinking Becky will do better a but Ashley is clearly the strongest right now.

Kim will stick around a while, I hope. And I liked that old bird from BBIII. She was funny and nice and not a bad golfer. She certainly didn't annoy me like so many others.

I was surprised to see the US Am gal that close to elimination. I figured she might coast a little through the earlier rounds. But her swing is out of sync a little.

I think the pressure is really getting to her. I never won a US Amateur title but it seems this show if you make a mistake at the wrong time you're gone.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I know this is a little off topic but what happened with Danielle from BBIII? I saw her miss the cut (which I was happy about) in the first tournament, then she withdrew from the second and there was some scandal about her but I never heard any more. I'm sure Golf Channel dropped her like a hot potatoe after the scandal because you never hear anything else about her.

What's in my bag
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

• Administrator
I know this is a little off topic but what happened with Danielle from BBIII? I saw her miss the cut (which I was happy about) in the first tournament, then she withdrew from the second and there was some scandal about her but I never heard any more. I'm sure Golf Channel dropped her like a hot potatoe after the scandal because you never hear anything else about her.

That was her big break... missing the cut and then WDing. She played (maybe) in some celebrity tournament in Las Vegas later in the year and... then she was done. Good riddens.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Becky's out, and its about time, despite winning the US Women's Am her swing was pretty sketchy. She seemed like a really nice girl though.

I think Dana is going all the way now, the way she performed on the immunity challenge was showed she could hit the shots. Plus, I think she has the best swing of those girls who're left.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:
3 Wood: Titleist 904F, 15°, YS-6+ StiffIrons: Titleist 695CB 3-PWWedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08, SM56.10 SM60.08Putter: Odyssey White Steel #5 Center-ShaftBall: TaylorMade TP Black / Titleist ProV1xHome Course: Oakland Hills...

• Administrator
Kristina all the way. I seem to have a weakness for swedish blonde babes (see avatar

I think Kristina, Jeanne, and Dana have the best shot now. Becky never found her rhythm and her swing was always a bit weird - too many things going in different directions at the same time.

I kinda hope Ashley goes soon. She brings nothing but negativity. Sadly, it seems she makes it though next week in another close one.

Becky's out, and its about time, despite winning the US Women's Am her swing was pretty sketchy. She seemed like a really nice girl though.

Becky had game, I think she just folded under the pressure. You have to admit she made that elimination challenge exciting. That Ball looked like it was on the line and they would have to go to a playoff.

Did anyone notice that Dana was playing a Titelist ball on the Mulligan Challenge? She pitched the ball 9 feet past the pin and when they were measuring they did a close up. I played it over 5 times on the tivo and it is definitely a Titleist. I thought that because Brigestone was sponsoring the whole thing practically they would all be hitting Bridgestone balls. Any info??

What's in my bag

I think for the resume they have they all suck.

Thats pretty unfair, we only see like what? 20 or so shots per episode from each of them? A lot of them have obviously had success in the game so you can be sure that they can play.

Jeff Gladchun

In my bag:

I thought becky's swing was strange. Very flat. I'm down with the cute Swedish girl. She can talk to me with that accent any time.

I did kind of like the Heidi Fleiss look alike brunette with the nasty mouth for some reason....

• Administrator

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

RIVERVIEW, Fla. (AP) -- Ashley Prange, a contestant on The Golf Channel's popular reality series, won her first Futures Tour title Sunday, closing with a 5-under 66 for a two-stroke victory in the Greater Tampa Duramed Futures Classic. Prange had a 10-under 203 total on the Summerfield Crossings course and earned $9,800. The 24-year-old former North Carolina player competed in The Big Break V: Hawaii -- taped in October and currently airing on The Golf Channel.

Note: This thread is 6541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!