IGNORED

Big Break V Official Thread!

iacas
Note: This thread is 6543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

DANG! Kristina got the boot. I hate it when the best looking one leaves.

In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I'm done with this BB. nothing else to look at

Heh. I'll watch but only because they seem to be the best group of players, collectively, on the show. Then again, from 178, they're hitting woods and low lofted hybrids? Hmm...

But anyway, I thought it was incredibly chicken-shitted of everyone to lay up. Was the 178 to the pin? Cuz if so the carry was, what, 158? Jeez... If it was 178 to carry the water, sure, I can see laying up and I take all this back. It paid off for them, but it was still pretty chickeny of them. Kristina hit after Dana and could have laid up and may have had a better chance to tie Dana (with a 4 instead of her 5). And what was up with the drop zone they gave them? Looked liked a yellow-stake kinda hazard to me. Letting them cheap out with a drop that gave them a 50-yard shot or whatever it was was lame. I'm starting to think Ashley or Jeanne will win.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I still say they suck, with the resumes they brought to get on the show everyone should have been going for the green. They even got to place the ball in the box, no bad lie come on go for the green.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

I thought Christina had the most game on that whole show. I am a little dissapointed to see her go. However, the same thing happened last season when Warren got the boot at Carnoustie, way to early in competition.

That's golf though.

Matt Karlak
a.k.a. The Undaunted Duffer

Driver: GT Xtreme
3 Wood: EVO5 Wood: Tight LiesHybrid: 3 ironIrons: X16's 4-SWPutter: AnserBall: DT SoLo

I thought Christina had the most game on that whole show.

They all seem to have game, I just think Dana handles pressure better than most. She won the Chrysler Crossfire.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

But anyway, I thought it was incredibly chicken-shitted of everyone to lay up. Was the 178 to the pin? Cuz if so the carry was, what, 158? Jeez... If it was 178 to carry the water, sure, I can see laying up and I take all this back.

You read my mind
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

• Administrator

Eeek!

Surprise on "Big Break V" If you thought you'd seen the last of Nikki DiSanto on "Big Break V," think again. A highlights episode aired Wednesday, but near the end was some surprising news: the five contestants who have been eliminated are going to face off against each other on the next episode, with the winner rejoining the show. That means Nikki, Kristina Tucker, Katie Ruhe, Divina Delasin and Becky Lucidi each has a chance to earn a second chance at winning her big break. The "consolation bracket" playoff takes place on the next episode, which airs Wednesday on The Golf Channel at 9 p.m. ET.

I didn't watch last night - was gonna watch tonight, maybe. I hate the recap shows. But eek! Wowee.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have to wonder if they just recently dreamed up the idea of (gasp!!!) Nicki playing her way back on the show. You can't possibly have a female Big Break without confrontation, and the girls that are left seem to get along well.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I have to wonder if they just recently dreamed up the idea of (gasp!!!) Nicki playing her way back on the show. You can't possibly have a female Big Break without confrontation, and the girls that are left seem to get along well.

But it won't mean a thing if she doesn't win the playback competition and the only surprising thing about BBV so far is that she wasn't the

first one eliminated. One more show. That's all we have to endure.
A Mixed Bag

Driver 320Ti, 10.5 R, stock graphite
Ovation 3W, Aldila 65R graphite
Dunlop DDH 5W Edge CFT Hybrid 3-iron, #3 graphite CFT irons 4 - E wedge, #3 graphite Apex Edge F wedge 60 degree LW Bobby Grace M5K putter Laddie X A3

• Administrator
But it won't mean a thing if she doesn't win the playback competition and the only surprising thing about BBV so far is that she wasn't the

I sec ond that: there's no way in heck she'll play her way back onto the show. She has to finish first out of five. Four other girls have to completely falter.

I wonder who holes that shot, though...

Bit of a scare when Nicki didn't get eliminated right away (yeah, she has not changed... No other woman out here can hit this shot but me, etc :p ) but not surprised to see Becky get the second chance. I think she is the best of the eliminated and hopefully she will start playing decent now that she is back.

I can see how the girls are pissed that they won't be getting any second chances but if they are really the better player then it should not matter in the long run. Of course, the better player doesn't always win...

• Administrator
Bit of a scare when Nicki didn't get eliminated right away (yeah, she has not changed... No other woman out here can hit this shot but me, etc :p ) but not surprised to see Becky get the second chance. I think she is the best of the eliminated and hopefully she will start playing decent now that she is back.

That about sums up what I think, too.

but not surprised to see Becky get the second chance. I think she is the best of the eliminated and hopefully she will start playing decent now that she is back.

She laid it all on the line at the beginning of the show last night, saying she was here to win. And that's exactly what she showed them last night. Becky made some great shots, and that final putt on the last hole was awesome to seal the deal.

Matt Karlak
a.k.a. The Undaunted Duffer

Driver: GT Xtreme
3 Wood: EVO5 Wood: Tight LiesHybrid: 3 ironIrons: X16's 4-SWPutter: AnserBall: DT SoLo

Allowing a booted player the chance to comeback does create a little drama but overall I think the idea sucks and like Jeanie said, the five remaining won't have that opportunity. Mulligans aren't a part of golf but if Julie, Ashley, Jeanie, Kim or Dana had that chance you bet they'd jump all over it!

Yeah, agreed that the best player doesn't always win, especially in this show. But I am glad to see Becky come back out of those players. She just needs to regain her groove and get her swing back. She showed that she has the shots but never seemed to get comfortable with her game, hopefully now she will.

I am beyond annoyed with Nikki, she's worse than Danielle and Don combined. I don't know whether it was from shock or bitterness but notice how she didn't even budge when Katie holed the shot?

Kim and Julie have not played any futures tour events so you can probably scratch them right now.

Kim won a Futures tour event in 1997 and played on the LET tour (Ladies European Tour) in the 90s. She has lots of experience, just not much recent play. Her lack of recent play is what will probably make her next eliminated.

She played 5 Future tour events last year without much success and finished out of the Top 48 (T55) in the qualifying tournament to play again on the Futures Tour in 2006. The Top 90 money winners from the previous year return fully exempt for next year. I was on vacation at the Pinehurst resort in North Carolina from March 10th-12th and saw Kim there with the ECU Women's Golf team she began coaching in January. Since part of the prize for the Big Break winner is entry into all 2006 Futures Tour Events/LPGA Safeway tournament and the first Futures Tour event was being played that weekend, I doubt Kim advanced much further. The strongest players are Ashley and Dana. The 2005 Future Tour money list ranking of the remaining six players: Dana #23 (13 of 17 made cuts, #10 Putting), Ashley #46 (15 of 18, #5 Driving Accuracy and #13 SubPar Holes), Becky #47 (10 of 15), Jeanne #55 (13 of 16), Kim #165 (2 of 5), Julie (DNP). The top 5 players on the Money List graduated to the LPGA and the remaining 15 went straight to the final Qualifying for the LPGA. Anyone out of the Top 20 has to go through more rounds of qualifying. Obviously none of the them made it. The other entrants did not have much of a chance (teaching pro, assistant pro and a model with junior college golf experience???). Dana was just outside the critical Top 20 last year. She finished 2nd in a playoff on the 2005 Futures tour and just appears to be the most solid player by virtue of performance. Ashley's win at the 2006 Tampa Futures Tour event on 3/17 makes you think that she may have won the Big Break. Confidence is everything in golf and she went from 2 Top 10s in 2005 to a win. That's a big jump. A real puzzle is Becky. She finished T2 in an early 2005 Future Tour event and then disappeared from any good finishes for the rest of the year. She definitely has the talent, but might just be a streaky player. Jeanne Cho seems consistent, but not great. She always makes the cut, but has rarely finished in the Top 10. Kristina Tucker (#56 2005, 11 of 15) was my favorite, too bad she was eliminated and could not "play back" onto the show.. She had a good playing record (3 wins at Duke, 1 win 3 top 5s on Sweden's Talia Pro Tour) and appears to have a decent game. I would like to see her do well this year. Katie Ruhe (#100 2005, 7 of 15 cuts) played in the qualifying tournment in late 2005 to qualify to play in 2006. Checking my Golf World magazine last week, the current 2006 Futures Tour results: Ashley Prange (MC, Win), Jeanee Cho (T38, T05), Becky Lucidi (MC, T13), Kristina Tucker (T43, MC), Dana Lacey (T31, MC), Katie Ruhe (T08, MC). Very inconsistent..... This Big Break edition is easily the most enjoyable because the skill level of the players is so high. Multiple chipins and two holed wedges says it all. Some of the poor shots from Big Break 1 were laughable. The first Women's Big Break edition had players with little pro success. Danielle, the winner, had only cashed a few "back of the pack" checks on the Futures Tour. Pam, though talented (I was rooting for her) was very inexperienced. They should ask Pam back in a future Big Break. I'm sure she is much improved. Cindy Miller (3rd) was a fine player and did well on the Legend's (Women's Senior) Tour last year. Easily the best Big Break so far. Big Break IV was painful to watch. Addicted and eagerly watching, pollee from NJ

Note: This thread is 6543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!