IGNORED

Anyone catch the "F YES!!!!!!" Tiger shouted at Steve?

Three Putt
Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Raw emotion, that is what that was and it was great to see in my opinion! From that reaction you couldn't tell that Tiger has ever won a tournament, much less 13 majors!

Anyone watching the NBA playoffs? There's more cussing in 3 minutes of coverage than an entire year of PGA coverage, give it a rest, this is rediculous!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Yeah, I caught that on the replay. Couldn't hear it, but you could see him mouth it. I grew up not swearing, picked it up in HS/college, and still don't like it. However, on the golf course, there is just no stopping it. Emotions are what they are, and if you aren't playing golf with your emotions, you aren't playing golf; you're just spending 4 hours wacking a ball and lying to yourself.

No matter what happens today, Tiger's performance over the past week will go down as possibly the greatest of his career. We all know he is talented beyond belief, and that has led him to low scoring before, but this time we saw Tiger Eldrick Woods, the man. Not a golf god.

Just like the rest of us, he worked himself to exhaustion out on that course until the very end. I got so sick of hearing them talk about his injured knee, but you could definitely tell that it will forever change how he approaches the game. I don't blame him for swearing at himself on bad shots, tossing his clubs, or uttering that well deserved "f$%^ yeah" at the end. Some of those shots were just not up to his personal standards, and some were downright horrible. As Bobby Jones said, "there are just some emotions that a man cannot be expected to endure with a golf club still in his hands." Put yourself in the same situation as Tiger at the end of those four rounds, make that clinch putt, and no telling what you might utter (heck, some of you might just break down in tears of joy). Would you then be saying it is unprofessional for a golfer to cry on the course? Might as well stop football players from taking a knee while you are at it.

We saw Tiger face himself out on that course, which is exactly what good golf is supposed to be. Like Jack, he is learning to bear down and grind it out. Maybe we haven't even seen the best of Tiger yet...
Favorite Practice Course:
Z Boaz Municipal, Fort Worth <<< Ben Hogan grew up playing here!
--------------------------------------------------

In the bag: 983E 9.5*, Fuji Speeder S RPM LP, 4W, Neutral Bias STAFF Ci6 irons, S (going up for sale soon) Tom Watson PVD 08 Wedges (G.S,L)... and a 4...

• Administrator
Tiger really does cuss a lot on the course. After he hooked it into the rough on the Par 5 Sunday with the 3 wood, he spun around, slammed his club, and said, "God D****, Mother ******, what the f***!". That was a funny moment too.

Tiger learned a lot from his dad, including his military mouth.

We saw Tiger face himself out on that course, which is exactly what good golf is supposed to be. Like Jack, he is learning to bear down and grind it out. Maybe we haven't even seen the best of Tiger yet...

Best post I've read today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I spent 9 years in The U.S. Navy.
If you have tender ears, you sure don't want to play with me on a bad day.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

I thought it was "F****** AYYY!"
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Tiger continues to change the face of sports, nay life. It's a shame most of us don't have anywhere near the stage, where our persistence, determination and grit will be as grand, or even noticeable. However, his ability to overcome both external and internal adversity, and perform tasks that require such physical and mental focus and skill, all under intense pressure, scrutiny and just sheer crowds of people, is nothing short of other-worldly.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

You guys need to spend some time on a military golf course. Tiger is an amature at

You could just play with me instead.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Yes, you did. Refers to his passing resemblance to Yogi Bear. But that's all in the past - he's lean and fit, now, with his head where it should be.

I have been reminded - with the aid of a neg-rep - that It was Fred Flintstone, not Yogi Bear.

I stand corrected and apologise for any distress or inconvenience caused.

I have been reminded - with the aid of a neg-rep - that It was Fred Flintstone, not Yogi Bear.

That's good, because I was really stressing out over here. I mean, how dare you confuse cartoon characters?

My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

That's good, because I was really stressing out over here. I mean, how dare you confuse cartoon characters?

I sense some sarcastic humour in that remark :)

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

You guys need to spend some time on a military golf course. Tiger is an amature at

i have no problem with military folks killing people but i don't like it that they curse

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

60% off the guys I play with in scrambles and league play are ex war vets, they cuss over bad shots that would make Earl Woods blush,... maybe (highly doubtful though).

At least it is in a dignified way, over a well deserved terrible shot. No problem with cussing on the course, if it calls for it. So long as there is not any "Yutes" around.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

tiger would be a better golfer if he didn't curse. can you imagine how many more majors he would of won if he didn't curse?

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Call it a bad Hanna-Barbera day...

tiger would be a better golfer if he didn't curse. can you imagine how many more majors he would of won if he didn't curse?

Or how much more mentally tough he would be

Gosh I can't wait to play with my friends tomorrow, I'm going to cuss after every bad shot. Maybe my friends will realize how mentally tough I am
âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

I found it pretty funny whenever Rocco layed up on the 18th yesterday, and some idiot yells "Get In The Hole", when Roc's ball was over 100 yards from the hole. haha. But i don't mind people saying that b/c I get a kick out of it. But if I was in that situation as a golfer, I'm sure I would get sick of hearing it.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I don't think being DQ'd for cursing would go over too well with the Tiger Woods camp.

His dramatic reactions make him stand out (that and he's a decent golfer?). He's not the only one cursing, he's just the only one that is zoomed in on after impact, and then his ball shown. With others, they show the ball in flight and then glance at them, and then show tiger walking the fairway.
What's In My Bag:

907D2 9.5° UST PROFORCE V2 75-S
PT 906F2 15° UST PROFORCE V2 FAIRWAY 75-S
PT 585.H 19° Aldila NV Hybrid 85-SMP-32 (3-P) True Temper DG R300Vokey Design SM58.08 & SM54.14 True Temper DG S200Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340GPRO V1x Classics Tour Style #51602Pinseeker 1500...

I don't think being DQ'd for cursing would go over too well with the Tiger Woods camp.

Yup.

He's not the only one cursing, he's just the only one that is zoomed in on after impact, and then his ball shown. With others, they show the ball in flight and then glance at them, and then show tiger walking the fairway.

They daren't show the first 20 yards or so of his walk down the fairway, if he's hit a bad shot. I fear he has a tendency to let fly - unless things have changed since his lovely little Sam was born.

Note: This thread is 5789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!