IGNORED

Anyone catch the "F YES!!!!!!" Tiger shouted at Steve?

Note: This thread is 4749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Raw emotion, that is what that was and it was great to see in my opinion! From that reaction you couldn't tell that Tiger has ever won a tournament, much less 13 majors!

Anyone watching the NBA playoffs? There's more cussing in 3 minutes of coverage than an entire year of PGA coverage, give it a rest, this is rediculous!

Yeah, I caught that on the replay. Couldn't hear it, but you could see him mouth it. I grew up not swearing, picked it up in HS/college, and still don't like it. However, on the golf course, there is just no stopping it. Emotions are what they are, and if you aren't playing golf with your emotions, you aren't playing golf; you're just spending 4 hours wacking a ball and lying to yourself.

No matter what happens today, Tiger's performance over the past week will go down as possibly the greatest of his career. We all know he is talented beyond belief, and that has led him to low scoring before, but this time we saw Tiger Eldrick Woods, the man. Not a golf god.

Just like the rest of us, he worked himself to exhaustion out on that course until the very end. I got so sick of hearing them talk about his injured knee, but you could definitely tell that it will forever change how he approaches the game. I don't blame him for swearing at himself on bad shots, tossing his clubs, or uttering that well deserved "f$%^ yeah" at the end. Some of those shots were just not up to his personal standards, and some were downright horrible. As Bobby Jones said, "there are just some emotions that a man cannot be expected to endure with a golf club still in his hands." Put yourself in the same situation as Tiger at the end of those four rounds, make that clinch putt, and no telling what you might utter (heck, some of you might just break down in tears of joy). Would you then be saying it is unprofessional for a golfer to cry on the course? Might as well stop football players from taking a knee while you are at it.

We saw Tiger face himself out on that course, which is exactly what good golf is supposed to be. Like Jack, he is learning to bear down and grind it out. Maybe we haven't even seen the best of Tiger yet...

• Administrator
Tiger really does cuss a lot on the course. After he hooked it into the rough on the Par 5 Sunday with the 3 wood, he spun around, slammed his club, and said, "God D****, Mother ******, what the f***!". That was a funny moment too.

Tiger learned a lot from his dad, including his military mouth.

We saw Tiger face himself out on that course, which is exactly what good golf is supposed to be. Like Jack, he is learning to bear down and grind it out. Maybe we haven't even seen the best of Tiger yet...

Best post I've read today.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger continues to change the face of sports, nay life. It's a shame most of us don't have anywhere near the stage, where our persistence, determination and grit will be as grand, or even noticeable. However, his ability to overcome both external and internal adversity, and perform tasks that require such physical and mental focus and skill, all under intense pressure, scrutiny and just sheer crowds of people, is nothing short of other-worldly.

Yes, you did. Refers to his passing resemblance to Yogi Bear. But that's all in the past - he's lean and fit, now, with his head where it should be.

I have been reminded - with the aid of a neg-rep - that It was Fred Flintstone, not Yogi Bear.

I stand corrected and apologise for any distress or inconvenience caused.

60% off the guys I play with in scrambles and league play are ex war vets, they cuss over bad shots that would make Earl Woods blush,... maybe (highly doubtful though).

At least it is in a dignified way, over a well deserved terrible shot. No problem with cussing on the course, if it calls for it. So long as there is not any "Yutes" around.

That's good, because I was really stressing out over here. I mean, how dare you confuse cartoon characters?

Call it a bad Hanna-Barbera day...

tiger would be a better golfer if he didn't curse. can you imagine how many more majors he would of won if he didn't curse?

Or how much more mentally tough he would be

Gosh I can't wait to play with my friends tomorrow, I'm going to cuss after every bad shot. Maybe my friends will realize how mentally tough I am

I found it pretty funny whenever Rocco layed up on the 18th yesterday, and some idiot yells "Get In The Hole", when Roc's ball was over 100 yards from the hole. haha. But i don't mind people saying that b/c I get a kick out of it. But if I was in that situation as a golfer, I'm sure I would get sick of hearing it.

I don't think being DQ'd for cursing would go over too well with the Tiger Woods camp.

His dramatic reactions make him stand out (that and he's a decent golfer?). He's not the only one cursing, he's just the only one that is zoomed in on after impact, and then his ball shown. With others, they show the ball in flight and then glance at them, and then show tiger walking the fairway.

I don't think being DQ'd for cursing would go over too well with the Tiger Woods camp.

Yup.

He's not the only one cursing, he's just the only one that is zoomed in on after impact, and then his ball shown. With others, they show the ball in flight and then glance at them, and then show tiger walking the fairway.

They daren't show the first 20 yards or so of his walk down the fairway, if he's hit a bad shot. I fear he has a tendency to let fly - unless things have changed since his lovely little Sam was born.

Note: This thread is 4749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!