IGNORED

David Duval

Leftie_power
Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
"Third Round, David will be playing with Tiger and Furyk, this is a huge test for Duval."

Nah, look at the date of the post. November something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Man, how about this bogey free 7-under he threw at the field today! In an interview on Friday (I think it was) he was mentioning how he felt really good about his game these days. Call it a comeback?! I wouldn't mind seeing him step up.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• 1 month later...
Check out Duval in round two of the Nissan Open. He's at -5 for the tourney and is T5. Go Duval!

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
Check out Duval in round two of the Nissan Open. He's at -5 for the tourney and is T5. Go Duval!

Go go! Beat Tiger! Errr, no, I don't want that... but this sure beats rallying to make the cut. Impressive. I guess going back to his old swing has done him miracles! I wonder why he stuck with the "other" way for so freakin' long?!?!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I hope DD gets it together. I really liked it when Vijay kinda "took on tiger" last year. I want to see someone do that again. The PGA Tour is a one man golf show with Tiger in the field. I also think that if someone comes up and starts to contest Tiger then it will bring out the best of Tiger. Tiger performs at his best when he HAS TO. If he is leading by 10 strokes then it is just another boring Sunday. I am just looking for someone, like Paula Creamer, to come up and contest the best.
Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

• Administrator
I hope DD gets it together. I really liked it when Vijay kinda "took on tiger" last year. I want to see someone do that again. The PGA Tour is a one man golf show with Tiger in the field. I also think that if someone comes up and starts to contest Tiger then it will bring out the best of Tiger. Tiger performs at his best when he HAS TO. If he is leading by 10 strokes then it is just another boring Sunday. I am just looking for someone, like Paula Creamer, to come up and contest the best.

Small correction re: Vijay: that was two years ago. Last year Vijay couldn't putt.

my fault. sry about that.

Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

• 7 years later...
Adios DD. Go work on the game in peace and see you on the Champions Tour.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Originally Posted by caseycandaele

Came across this this morning from a site that doesn't do golf often enough, The Barnstormer. Good personal essay on David Duval. Oh, how the mighty do sometimes fall... http://thebarnstormer.com/deep-in-the-fescue-2/

One of the poorest written articles I've ever read. More was written about announcers and himself than Duval. Not worth a read.

or will he just sail off into the sunset and outta the picture.

I'm sorry but IMHO Duvall sailed away along time ago... He isn't even a after thought anymore and to be honest for any golf fan that got into the sport with in the last 7-8 yrs I would bet they never even heard of David Duvall.

Originally Posted by MarkY

One of the poorest written articles I've ever read. More was written about announcers and himself than Duval. Not worth a read.

Agreed.  I can't remember the last time I skipped that many paragraphs in an article on a topic of interest to me.  I thought it was an article about David Duval, not the author's rants on all the silliness of televised golf and golf announcers/commentators.

Worthless article.  I'm not sure why it was written in July of 2013 about the 2009 US Open.

Originally Posted by Mulligan Jeff

Don't miss the smug face that he played with... You gotta have fun week in week out.

Smug?  More like emotionless.  But how many tour golfers are chipper and cheery?  If being non-smilely while doing their jobs on the course was a legitimate reason for disliking a player, more than half the pro golfers out there would have no fans at all.  A big part of the reason why most people who dislike Duval don't like him is because they claim he just hides behind his Oakley sunglasses.  I read an interview some years back and he explained that he has very sensitive eyes and he wears Oakleys because they fit his face snugly and keep out the wind that otherwise would dry out his eyes to an irritating level.

I liked Duval.  I don't recall if it was in the same interview or another one, but he really seemed like he was extremely devoted to his wife and kids and placed his family first in his life - he wasn't just one of those types who boast about being a "family man" on his 3rd cigar and 4th whiskey on the 19th hole, while missing his son's game or his daughter's dance recital.  He was also asked about his religion and while he conceded he was spiritual, he declined any further comment and said something to the effect that an individual's religion is a personal matter that should stay personal.  It would be nice if more athletes took that approach.  I'd like to see him make a comeback but too many health issues have impacted his game and that has probably had too much of an effect on his confidence.   When you think about it, it is almost a wonder that so many professional golfers can have such extended careers, with all of the stress they put on their muscles and spine.  I'm surprised that we don't hear about more back injuries on tour.

• Upvote 1

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Undr Par

I would bet they never even heard of David Duvall.

I haven't heard of him.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Spitfisher

I think you are more likely to see david duval behind the mike in the coming years period!

I'm not so sure about that.  I saw him last week on Feherty and he looked pretty uncomfortable in front of a camera, even at his own house.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Note: This thread is 3901 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!