IGNORED

Woody Austin ... " I should have won by 10 strokes"

Three Putt
Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is it safe to assume you feel the same way about Rory Sabbatini?

Sure. I don't

like him and Rory tends to act like a bit of an ass but in all honesty I watch to be entertained and he's entertaining. I will say Rory's act only works when he's playing well. Otherwise he just looks like an idiot. But I like to at least see different personalities on tour and Rory and Woody definitely fit that category.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I never heard about the "cheating" instance and would feel the same way as you if I had seen it. Woody otherwise is a guy that wears his emotions on his sleeve and I like him. He is honest in his answers and readily admits when he chokes....which seems to be everytime he has a chance to win.
HAPPY GOLFING
Jay in NC
http://www.mygolfreport.com

I don't recall the tournament, but here's what happened. Woody had maybe a 10 ft putt to birdie a par 5 and made a poor stroke. He started moving to the hole almost as soon as he hit it, and the ball ended up on the other side of the hole. He leaned over and went to tap the ball in, in disgust, but as sometimes happens the putter sort of caught on the grass and the ball didn't move. In a second movement, he then "completed" the stroke. One commentator immediately called it as a whiff, the other wasn't so sure until they showed the replay. It was as clear as anything. They sent Feherty out on course to ask him what he made on that hole, and Woody said "5" which he also signed for. He made a 6 and should have been disqualified.

I can't comment because I didn't see it, but that is not cool if he did that. I had a pretty good respect for him until hearing about that. He always seemed very down to earth and very real to me. Anyone else see the incident he is referring to?
HAPPY GOLFING
Jay in NC
http://www.mygolfreport.com

Here's the youtube video:
and slow motion:

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

• Administrator
I'll have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Looked like he grounded the club and then hit it in. I didn't see a whiff.....quality was not HD though.

We discussed this when it happened. Bring up that old thread if you'd like, or please, let's keep this one on the (semi-) current events.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It seems that he did 'choke' a little under the pressure. His approach shot with his rescue shot was just bad luck and can happen in the thick rough. Its just another PGA Tour event and he'll be back for another go soon.

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!