IGNORED

Kenny Perry..."Why won't he make the Ryder Cup???"

Three Putt
Note: This thread is 5776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Kenny Perry, deserving of the Ryder Cup?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure, I'm an Independent and will vote , when the time is right

I didn't catch the reason he's skipping the Open; anyone?

He is a former champion at Milwaukee, played the same week as the British.

My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

Kenny Perry has been the most electric player on tour this season, besides Tiger woods. It seems like every week he is in contention. I would be extremely disapointed if he wasnt on the ryder cup team. Im not gonna lie, before this season I knew very little about Kenny, but his long ball and short game this season have made me a huge fan!

Kenny Perry has been the most electric player on tour this season, besides Tiger woods. It seems like every week he is in contention. I would be extremely disapointed if he wasnt on the ryder cup team. Im not gonna lie, before this season I knew very little about Kenny, but his long ball and short game this season have made me a huge fan!

I don't think you'll have to worry, with two wins and his desire to play in the matches he is pretty much a lock.

My Bag

Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

He definitely deserves to be on the team. However, IMHO, he's making a mistake not teeing it up against the world's best (again) before the Ryder Cup.

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

IMHO, he's making a mistake not teeing it up against the world's best (again) before the Ryder Cup.

I thought Tiger was out for the season

My Bag

There was much said about Perry avoiding the US Open to put himself in position to win tournaments, which would in turn get him on the Ryder Cup team. He did it, won, and he deserves to be on the team.

He ought to play in the British Open in my view- perhaps he does not like British food? I know he has won in Milwaukee, but anyone who is anybody plays the British Open. Perhaps he is from the Tom Kite and Scott Hoch school and takes a disliking to the courses?..they want perfectly manicured fairways all the time, but that is not what the game is about.

He ought to play in the British Open in my view- perhaps he does not like British food? I know he has won in Milwaukee, but anyone who is anybody plays the British Open. Perhaps he is from the Tom Kite and Scott Hoch school and takes a disliking to the courses?..they want perfectly manicured fairways all the time, but that is not what the game is about.

I doubt it's the food... It's no secret. Kenny keeps saying it over and over again, he has set his schedule up to play in tournaments and on golf courses he feels he can do well at and to get as many Ryder Cup points as possible. Despite the two wins I doubt he changes now. If he doesn't think he can compete in the British and doesn't want to make the trip over then he probably won't do well so why bother? We had the same conversation about Woody Austin last year and there seems to be a player or two each year (usually a 40 something player) skipping the British. I like watching the best compete, and Kenny is one of the best right now but I've got no problem with his decision. I admire his drive to make the Ryder Cup team. I think we'd have a problem if a lot of the up and coming stars started skipping it (ie Anthony Kim) but Kenny is 47 and knows where he can and cannot compete.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Thats a good point. Although there are players who can't compete at all, ie Daly and Duval, who are making the trip with invitations. Its not far from me and im considering making the trip to see them both.

With just 2 months' of golf remaining (10 possible tournaments), Kenny's current position of 4th (really 3rd if you cross off Tiger) is pretty secure to make the team. If he does drop down below the #8 spot, I believe Azinger would be crazy not to pick him.

Thats a good point. Although there are players who can't compete at all, ie Daly and Duval, who are making the trip with invitations. Its not far from me and im considering making the trip to see them both.

Can't compete at all??? What happened to the optimism?

They're in as past champions and lets be honest, neither one of those guys is in much of a position to turn down events. Kenny has earned the right to pick and choose. I'd like to see him compete but I understand why he's not playing. Hey, I see no chance for DD but I wouldn't be surprised if your boy Daly strung together some decent golf. If there's a tournament he seems to play well at it's the British. Remember last year? He had it going round 1 until that HUGE number he put up. Anyways, getting off topic... hope you get the chance to go and watch the event!

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!